Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey everyone i have a problem. my skin isnt horrible but it isnt great and it has really lowered my self confidence lately. there is this girl who really likes me but i just dont feel so great about myself so i dont know if i should keep hanging out with her. i know if my skin was perfect i would feel different but i just feel kind of ugly. everytime i hang out with her i feel ugly and the whole time im with her i just think about my skin. also when we kiss she rubs her hands all over my face and really dries it out and make me break out a few days after. the more i hang out with her the worse my skin gets and the worse i feel about myself. i dont know what to do because i dont want to lose her but i just dont want to be with anyone right now. i just want to be alone. what should i do? i really like her a lot though, she is like exactly what i want in a girl and she really likes me. i am also to embarresed to talk about my problem with her. if you gone through this please share your stories and any helpful suggestions.

There are tons of people here who have experienced the exact same thing, so you're not alone! While I haven't gone through this myself, I can say that finding someone you like that likes you back is a gift - and you should treat as such.

Besides, she obviously doesn't mind the acne too much. :)

There are tons of people here who have experienced the exact same thing, so you're not alone! While I haven't gone through this myself, I can say that finding someone you like that likes you back is a gift - and you should treat as such.

Besides, she obviously doesn't mind the acne too much. :)

yeah i know she dosent my mind my skin but the whole relationship is making me feel worse and worse and my skin was getting better until i started hanging out with her. i know that she is great and i dont want to hurt her by breaking it off but i feel if i do i could get clear and feel good about myself but i may lose her forever. i am also only 18.

come on guys. help me out

i have been thinking a little and i care about the girls feeling but i care about my own a lot more. i have always felt that yourself is most important when it comes to relationships is that wrong? i know its selfish.

I know you're only 18..... but can you talk to her about it?

She'll probably like you even MORE if you tell her what's going on in your head...... girls LOVE that stuff ;)

I know you're only 18..... but can you talk to her about it?

She'll probably like you even MORE if you tell her what's going on in your head...... girls LOVE that stuff ;)

thanks so much for posting FINALLYMEJESS

yeah i know i probably should but it is really embarrassing! im such a quiet a guy and i really have a hard time letting people know how i feel. ill think about it but i kinda want to be alone and when i feel better and i look better i will see if she wants me still if not it wont be to bad cuz i am young and there are plenty of girls out there. that is plan B and i dont know what plan A is yet.

hey everyone i have a problem. my skin isnt horrible but it isnt great and it has really lowered my self confidence lately. there is this girl who really likes me but i just dont feel so great about myself so i dont know if i should keep hanging out with her. i know if my skin was perfect i would feel different but i just feel kind of ugly. everytime i hang out with her i feel ugly and the whole time im with her i just think about my skin. also when we kiss she rubs her hands all over my face and really dries it out and make me break out a few days after. the more i hang out with her the worse my skin gets and the worse i feel about myself. i dont know what to do because i dont want to lose her but i just dont want to be with anyone right now. i just want to be alone. what should i do? i really like her a lot though, she is like exactly what i want in a girl and she really likes me. i am also to embarresed to talk about my problem with her. if you gone through this please share your stories and any helpful suggestions.

Dude, I was the exact same situation a couple years ago. When I started dating her, I was totally clear from Accutane, and a couple months into our relationship, my acne came back ten-fold. I couldn't stand to let her see me, so I just broke up with her over the phone. Pathetic, I know. :( But ya gotta do what you gotta do. And I totally know what you mean when you say you just want to be alone until you improve your skin... it's like girlfriend or clear skin? You could take a chance and tell her how you feel if you're certain she'll be cool about it, or else you can have your stress-free, private time. It's a tough call. This post probably doesn't help, though. lol

Dude, I was the exact same situation a couple years ago. When I started dating her, I was totally clear from Accutane, and a couple months into our relationship, my acne came back ten-fold. I couldn't stand to let her see me, so I just broke up with her over the phone. Pathetic, I know. :( But ya gotta do what you gotta do. And I totally know what you mean when you say you just want to be alone until you improve your skin... it's like girlfriend or clear skin? You could take a chance and tell her how you feel if you're certain she'll be cool about it, or else you can have your stress-free, private time. It's a tough call. This post probably doesn't help, though. lol

how did it turn out for you?

how did it turn out for you?

We've only talked online briefly since the break up. And her mom died recently. :( No happy ending.

Kinda happened to me last year...

I chose to be alone (acne was not the only reason for this), and I still believe it was the right thing to do. However, I'd be lying if I said I don't second guess my decision everytime I happen to bump into her.

hey thanks a lot guys for sharing your stories

i like her a lot but i like myself a lot more and i know i gotta do

what is best for me so i am gonna just be alone and see if she

wants me when i feel better. if she wont take me back than i will just

get to what else is out there because i am only 18 years old.

Hey bro, I know how you feel.

I started hanging with a girl recently that obviously liked me, purely for sexual reasons on my part. I had previously told her that I hated her (directly, as well) more than a year ago when my skin wasn't bad. Honestly, I still dislike her. Hate is a strong word though.

Anyways, our shenanigans always made me feel really bad, especially because I wasn't attracted to her (she is not good looking, I dislike her personality), and also because I felt so bad about myself. She would stroke my face and I would just wish I was somewhere else. I couldn't even look her in the eye often because I was so embarrassed about my skin.

After a few (no intercourse involved) encounters, she plainly put it that she wanted a relationship. I of course said, with many excuses, that I wasn't interested. She pretty much didn't want to have sex unless we were in a relationship, which is fair enough. I haven't talked to her since then.

At least you like this girl. God I'm a fuckin dickhead.

I would suggest that perhaps you take a break and wait for your skin to improve, and then go from there, if mentally you are feeling better.

Good luck.

Wow, interesting stories. Being a girl that makes me thiiiink. I bet those girls all thought there was something wrong with them as the reason for the break up.

My adivce would be if you don't feel you could be open about whats happening or feel you can't overcome your issues WITH that person then you should do it alone.

I say that becuase in situations like that the other person is often not treated the way you would want to treat them or the way they deserve to be treated. They will internalize your feelings about yourself as something to do with them personally and in turn it can negatively affect them AND you.

I think to have a healthy relationship you first have to learn to be comfortable with yourself OR be comfortable being honest about how you feel with the other person. (Wow I just sounded like Dr Phil).

If you do break up with her, if you haven't done so already, then if you don't want to explain your whole situation maybe give her a general idea. For example, you are in a situation right now that you need to work through on your own. If you are honest in a general sense I'm sure it will be easier for you but also for HER.

On a side note. You seem like a nice, good looking guy and you seem to have a good personality. Arrogant cocky guys are never attractive. So when you do work on yourself and are finally ready for a relationship don't lose all of your humbleness.

Good luck.

i find this post really sad. You're going to hurt someone who clearly loves you for selfish reasons. At least have the deceny to explain why so she doesn't lay awake at night with a broken heart thinking she did something.

she could have been there for you supporting you as you get better.

but its your choice.

still..i think what you decided to do was pretty damn rotten. (imo)

damn that brings back memories.

I think you've answered your own question when u stated you like her but you just want to be

alone???

theres no point in going there (relationshipwise) if your gonna be holding back, so you need to be

feeling good about yourself first. the thing is...is the acne dictating how ur friendships/relationships

are going to be? or is it this girl, cause you could get yourself into a cycle.

i find this post really sad. You're going to hurt someone who clearly loves you for selfish reasons. At least have the deceny to explain why so she doesn't lay awake at night with a broken heart thinking she did something.

but its your choice.

I second this. If you do choose to go solo, make sure you explain it to her well. Make sure she understands that it's not her fault.

italiano17,

Honestly tell her about your problem. I actually had a potential relationship end because i was too embarrassed to get around him when my face was broken out, and it made him think i just didn't want to see him. I finally told him, and he was like "so what's the big deal?"..I couldn't believe it!!!!!.

From your avatar you're a very handsome guy!!!!! Even if you did have acne i don't think many girls would mind at all!

Sometimes we believe our acne is worse than it really is...And we let it bother us too much...I know i don't live my life fully because of acne, and i'm going to try my best to change that.

Please, don't stop living because of acne

thanks Bella03 and Ell- you both made feel good! ;)

And Ell- what you said is exactly how i feel, kinda did sound like doctor phil. your good. :clap:

but its your choice.

I second this. If you do choose to go solo, make sure you explain it to her well. Make sure she understands that it's not her fault.

i havent done anything yet but if i do i will explain how i feel and i dont really think of this as being rotten.

i would think dumping her and going out with her best friend as being rotten but i dont see how not being with someone because you dont feel well is rotten. i just dont want to go on anymore feeling like i have to be with her eventhough it is not what i 100% want inside. thanks for your thoughts and ill try my hardest not to be a jerk about it.

I totally understand where you're coming from. And i'm a female, btw.

I've ended alot of '' relationships ''.. I don't call people back to hang out alot of times..

I avoid people.. because I don't feel good about myself.

Of course I know that they don't mind nearly as much as me.. but, honestly..

your emotional well being is worth way more than any relationship.

If you feel like you need some alone time, let her know what's up.. let her know that it's not her fault..

and that you just don't feel good about yourself right now.. and hopefully she'll understand.

you should tell her wat ur tellin in this thread, cos if she is hanging out with she obviously dont mind the acne.. so just tell her how u feel aobut it..so she knows its not sumthing that u dont like about her.

told the girl how i felt today and didnt go as expected. she kinda got mad and told me that i was like ruining her life. then i was like " you cant really like me that much" and she was like " i have always loved you and i always will and your the only guy i want" and than i was just thinking to myself she kinda scares me a little cuz i had no idea it was that serious. i would think you would only say stuff like that if you had a serious relationship but not with what we had. i dont know maybe i am making a mistake but i feel so much better i dont have to worry about her anymore and i also feel like i dodged a bullet with her cuz i am only 18 and dont need a serious relationship.

told the girl how i felt today and didnt go as expected. she kinda got mad and told me that i was like ruining her life. then i was like " you cant really like me that much" and she was like " i have always loved you and i always will and your the only guy i want" and than i was just thinking to myself she kinda scares me a little cuz i had no idea it was that serious. i would think you would only say stuff like that if you had a serious relationship but not with what we had. i dont know maybe i am making a mistake but i feel so much better i dont have to worry about her anymore and i also feel like i dodged a bullet with her cuz i am only 18 and dont need a serious relationship.

your probably a dick but im only 99% positive

She obviously likes u and she see's past the acne. Just relax and try to go for it, else you'll end up kicking yourself in the ass for would'ves or should'ves. If I were u, I would be happy because she touched your face. Usually people (boys) are disgusted when they see a girl with acne..I know it meant a lot to me when this one guy really liked me kissed me on my cheek that was covered with red marks and a few zits. I was like in awe

fucking hell man if she sees past your flaws go for it. least shes not like my ex who dumped me cos of my face getting worse. meh.