Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest nec77

How long have you had red marks?

Guest nec77
Posted

4 years here, and my skin was never real bad either.

Posted

I honestly don't know..It feels like they've been there forever..Let me think. I started to break real bad when I was 14- and it lasted till I was 15 going on 16(Grade 10 summer) is when I started seeing good improvment. But it didn't clear up 100% till the end of summer. I have always experinced break outs though, here and there..

I think they've been there for 4 yrs too.

My mother had them for 6 or 7 yrs. She said when she was 20 she still had her marks from when she was a teenager. She has no marks now though ,what so ever. She said they went away after about 7 yrs. 3 yrs to go. Woot! :P

Guest nec77
Posted

She said when she was 20 she still had her marks from when she was a teenager. She has no marks now though ,what so ever. She said they went away after about 7 yrs. 3 yrs to go. Woot! :P

hehe we in the same boat :P

Posted

10 monthss and counting, it wont fade arghh

Posted

I've had red marks for over two years, and they don't seem to be going away any time soon. The only treatments that made a noticeable improvement in them were my 55% Lactic Acid Peels and my tretinoin cream, though by no means did they eliminate them. Also, I have some red spots on my face where I don't remember even getting a nodule, so I'm thinking that this is a part of my rosacea. I'm wondering if my rosacea has anything to do with the overall slow fading process of my red marks...

Well, that doesn't matter because sometime this summer I intend to begin treatments to get these nasty red marks professionally zapped. I have an appointment with Dr. Skipton, who is a member of Dr. Sire's team, on July 7. Hopefully he won't try to rip me off like Dr. Pilest did (Pilest wanted $600 for V-Beam, not including a $150 fee for a two-minute consult). I'd hate to have to go searching for a new dermatologist AGAIN, delaying my treatments further.

Posted

about 3-4 years so its been a long time. My red marks never really healed because I keep getting new pimples in the same areas so red marks keep forming on top of each other which made it worst . Now that my acne has cleared up I hope my red marks will start to fade too.

Posted

The longest one I can remember was about a year, when I started accutane.

Guest nec77
Posted

I wonder why the redmarks i've had on my forehead are still there after 4 years, but now if i get a break out, the mark goes away in like a month..

im getting pulse dye laser done too, guy recommended i use a glycolic acid cleanser and a vitamin c serum, it works but i want faster results. he told me it would cost $500 for 50 zaps :\, he is supposed to be like the best person in my area and has been all over the world teaching dermatology, and is a leader with laser procedures. but i think im still getting ripped lol.

Posted

around 7-8 months

Posted

4 years here, and my skin was never real bad either.

skin was horrible for 3 years so hard to tell how long i've had many of them, at least about two years, gonna have to laser these.

Posted

I lost count. maybe 5 years not the same ones though, some fade away then new ones come back. My newest breakout it's been about 8 months but they have improved a lot

Posted

at least for 2 years now...before then, i had a couple of red marks every now and then from small pimples

now...big big patches of redness on both cheeks, and recently extended to my chin...arghhhh

Posted

a Year. Since I started Accutane, to now being off of them. They have come a long way, faded a lot but still sucks ass.

Posted

I've had my marks for almost a year now .....just waiting for August. They've pretty much faded but are still visible close-up or under certain lighting. I thought they'd be gone by now but I guess I'll have to wait til 2007. ~

Posted

Do your guys red marks ever look rashey?..

With me, there's a little bit of a rashey appereance around the red marks on my cheeks..Anyone else experince that?, I am thinking it might be just my senstive skin. Cuz, I don't notice it when I put on my soothing cream..

Posted

I had 'em for about a year. Then I used the aspirin mask for 3 months. Some of them are very faint and nearly invisible, and the rest are completely gone. I rarely get them now, but when I do they go away in 3 weeks tops. What I did was throw away my acne medications and face wipes and all that crap, all I use is a super-gentle soap 1-2 times a day. Doesn't work for everyone, of course, but I recommend it if your marks are still red after a long time. The redness means they're irritated by all the crap many people layer on their skin every day. Once your skin has calmed down for several days, then start the aspirin mask; it should be safe for your skin as long as you use it just a couple times a week. Good luck!

Posted

My red marks never really healed because I keep getting new pimples in the same areas so red marks keep forming on top of each other which made it worst . Now that my acne has cleared up I hope my red marks will start to fade too.

Yeah me too. Excpt ive had my red marks for 5 years now!

Posted

wow i was hoping for them to fade in 1 yr

Posted

wow i was hoping for them to fade in 1 yr

Oh don't worry they probably will. Bear in mind that for 4 of those five years my face was covered in severe cystic acne. So you couldn't really notice the marks and scars- the acne hid it ;)

Guest nec77
Posted

i wish i knew how to prevent them, this sucks. laser is like the only good option for them? or wait forever..

Posted

I got mine 2 years when I started to break out crazily all over. Marks stayed till recently when I found a scar remover that contains Vit A and Allantoin and I am pleased with the improvemtns after 6 weeks. I thought I am stucked with the horrible marks for the rest of my life. I'm continuing the treatment and hopefully it'll fade close to skin color in a few months.

Posted

DAMNIT!!! I REALLY THOUGHT marks were supppse to go away in 1 yr , at most 2 !!!!!!!!! whats happening why does everyone take forever

::scared::

Posted

^^^

I seriously think its the severity of the acne that they had, and how long they had it. I had mild/moderate acne for a year and I have red marks galore-*hoping that they go away soon* I'm also using Differin, and I heard that helps.

Posted

Well, mine are 6 months ago to the present, and i'm expecting to wait at least 1 to 2 years for them to fade. if they don't fade by then, i'll look into laser treatment.

Guest nec77
Posted

ask about a glycolic wash and a vitamin c serum.. if you stick with it, it helps.