Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XoSadiezXo

Proactiv sux hard, now I have a nodule??!??!

Okay, so I've been using proactiv and it worked at first, and it kind of lessened my active acne to where I am today... but as soon as I stopped using it I cleared up a bit and am now ordering Dan's BP.

My problem is my forehead was pretty darn clear, and i woke up with this papule type thing on my head. And then it grew! It is a large bump and red! I have never had this before, and this was during proactiv, so I'm stopping using it for good. I looked it up, and it is probably a nodule...but it said it leaves severe scarring and lasts for months unless I get it injected by something by a dermatologist... I can't go to a dermatologist for about a month because they are doing something with my health insurance... and I don't know what to do to get rid of it . . . I left a lot of BP on it (clearasil ultra )...and it just grew some more... Now I'm icing it...

Help?

um....dont touch it or play with it too much, be gentle. yea deff. stop proactive and just follow the regimen. dont worry too much, calm down.

um....dont touch it or play with it too much, be gentle. yea deff. stop proactive and just follow the regimen. dont worry too much, calm down.

lol, i'm calm. it's just so frustrating since my skin was looking clear and this alien pimple shows up!

lol, i'm calm. it's just so frustrating since my skin was looking clear and this alien pimple shows up!

:(

:o Really Proactiv didn't work?? It works great for me~~

Well, good luck! Maybe you can use the old toothpaste trick.

I'm not sure how you associated the ProActiv with the nodule you got :think: It seemed to be working for you - there will always be bumps in the road ( :shifty: ) when it comes to these things. If you arec ertain you do not want to go back to ProActiv, BP has been helpful for many - I'd just suggest not to overdose on the BP - most times too much is worse.

:o Really Proactiv didn't work?? It works great for me~~

Well, good luck! Maybe you can use the old toothpaste trick.

Nah, toothpaste seems to trigger more breakouts for me. And since I got off Proactiv, my skin actually looks better.

I'm not sure how you associated the ProActiv with the nodule you got :think: It seemed to be working for you - there will always be bumps in the road ( :shifty: ) when it comes to these things. If you arec ertain you do not want to go back to ProActiv, BP has been helpful for many - I'd just suggest not to overdose on the BP - most times too much is worse.

My skin has been doing weird things lately lol. I don't necessarily know if the Proactiv ahs anything to do with it but it hasn't been doing anything for me for about a month so I figure the best way to go is to be gentle with my skin. Yeah, that's why I ordered Dan's BP. I also think that the nodule may be from this oily product I put on my hair that encourages growth, because the nodule is on my forehead. For now I guess I'm just going to cover it with my side bang lol, and see where it goes from here .