Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sickunt

Sickunts roaccutane logizm,

Hey everyone,

Hows it goin? I am starting roaccutane this sunday coming. I went and got my pills today and i got the roaccutane brand not generic, so its all ready to go. I just have to enjoy this 1 last saturday night off my head for the last time in 5 months :cry:. Anyway i have been prescribed 40 mg a day of roaccutane for 6 months i think. But im going back after 2 months to maybe up the dosage.

Ill give you guys a few details about myself,

Im male, i weigh 70 kg and i am 5'11.

My skin has been not too good for the past 2 years or so. I dont have real bad acne as in cysts etc but i just have quite a few little whiteheads and black heads that come and go around the area on my face that i shave, aka my neck and cheeks, chin. Also my nose and forehead tends to get pretty oily. I have tried antibiotics, clearasil, and this clear skin regiem. The clear skin regiem with antibiotics did clear it all up and i was happy but im getting sick of having to put all those creams on everyday. So i figure ill endure 6 months of fucked up skin for (hopefully) a lifetime of nice skin.

Anyway, Ill try take some photos over the weekend that show my skin condition a bit better than the ones in my gallery. And ill post my first log on sunday.

Catch

Good luck man

About the drinking, I guess you can stay on the safe side and not drink, but i've probably gone out once a week on average to get pissed, whether it be on beer or shots, and have had no side effects or anything, I have no idea if it creates more pimples, since my last night out drinking about 5 days ago nothing new has come up

good luck :)

Ha yeah drinking wont be a problem cause i dont drink. Im talking about other things haha. But i know they put a strain on your liver so im not gonna take anything while im on roaccutane.

Here we go...

Day 1 - 3rd of july

I have taken my first 40mg today, it was hard to force myself to do it cause my family and friends have been lecturing me about my skin not being bad enough to warrant roaccutane but i figure it still affects my confidence and its worth it just for that. So yeah took them. I have had slightly dry eyes tonight, im guessing that is the tane, although i dont know if it would affect me so quickly. But meh hasn't been to bad.

Day 2

Nothing new today, my skin actually seemed smoother but could of just been a good day. Skin and lips aren't dry yet, but i went for a skate with some mates tonight and i got really tired quickly and my ankles felt fucked. Dunno if thats to do with the roaccutane. I rekan im just paranoid ha.

Day 3

Still nothing new today, I didnt get actual pimples very often before just lots of black heads and whiteheads. but i havent had 1 in the past 3 days. Last night before bed i felt a lump coming up on my chin but by this morning it was gone. No dryness yet.

Right on - I'm on my 3rd day too, with no changes or anything.

Well, good luck n keep truckin, i guess. It's good to see someone else on this at the same time.

-Ben

Yeah its good to have someone to compare to at the same time.

Day 4

Last night i couldnt get to sleep and didn't finally nod off till about 3:30 this morning which is wierd cause i never really have troubles sleeping. then i woke up at 7 o clock feeling like i was going to be sick. Has anyone had anything similar to this? i didnt actually have a sore stomach it just felt like something was sitting there waiting to come up?

I have a couple of new spots today nothing too major though.

Well, this isn't exactly the same, but Mel seems to be lookin for someone with stomach issues... on the third page

My face got really red today like it was sunburned - and it's dry in that same way (like, when I move my eyebrows n stuff, it's like it's sore). That's my first big side effect. I haven't gotten stomach or queeziness issues though - hang in there. Definitely though, people have dealt with what you're talkin about. I'm not sure who, at the moment, but there are...

Hi there,

Checking in on you and your journey. My stomach issues are different than yours. I have more of a gnawing and burning feeling. I have had it about a week after I started the Accutane. Eat a substantial meal after or with your pill to alleviate the nauseated feeling. I will keep checking back and hope you are doing okay today! Keep everyone posted! Cheers- Mel :angel:

Hey mel cheers for the advice, I think i got the sore stomach from something my ex did to the pizza i bought from her shop the other night, cause it was just that night that it happened and the morning and it is something she would do. I cant be sure though.

Anyway

Day 5

I slept fine last night, and i still havent got any dryness really. I have been putting on carmex constantly though just incase. My skin is dry when i get out the shower but thats it. I think my initial breakout has started too. I have some pretty big whiteheads on my neck which i havent had for ages. It looks pretty bad. I can't wait for this shit to be over. Anyway im going to see my parents and go for a surf for the weekend so i will be without net.

Caaaaaaaaatch

I am sorry to hear that. I would hope that someone would not mess with your food. That is nuts!

I am glad to hear your not having any stomach problems and hope that you continue to go thru this easily.

It will get better and there is a rainbow at the end, or so I have read. I have been lucky with how well my skin has responded and love having dry skin. So no complaints there. Have a fun weekend and keep everyone up to date on your progress! Cheers- Mel

Hey mel cheers for the advice, I think i got the sore stomach from something my ex did to the pizza i bought from her shop the other night, cause it was just that night that it happened and the morning and it is something she would do. I cant be sure though.

Anyway

Never eat food from your ex. :lol: lesson learned? Revenge is sweet.

ha yeh lesson learned, It's all good though ill just send the naughty pics she took for me to her mum. haha yeh revenge IS sweet.

Day 7

Skin is mega oily, lips aren't too bad and skin isnt heaps dry yet. I have a fair breakout going on though, is it normal to have it this early on? Ive got it hell bad all down my neck and on my jawline it sucks

Day 8

Today is the first day my skin has been dry, its so dry that i couldnt go to my mates birthday lunch it looks that shocking. Its only on my forehead at the moment really but i don't have any products to help it.

Can someone reccomend me a good moisturiser that can stop all the dryness being visible without making me look really greasy?

POST IN MY LOG SCUMBAGS!

Wow your skin dried out a lot quicker than mine!! My skin got SUPER oily during the first two weeks of tane and my pores grew to a size that would challenge that of the Grand Canyon... But after week 3 or 4 it started drying out a bit, and the pores on my nose started to shrink a bit which was a relief!!

I use two moisturisers. If my skin is dry after I wash it in the evening then I use EMU oil, its a great moisturiser but also helps with healing etc. However it is a bit too oily for me to wear during the day - which is why I only use it at night.

If my skin is dry or tight after I wash it in the morning then I use a Olay moisturiser for combination skin. It has 15SPF in it as well which is good I guess...

Both of these are great for dry skin. I actually had the skin around my mouth pealing the other day in the morning, but I used some of the Olay on it and it looked fine for the rest of the day!

I hope things go okay for you.

Lucy x

Ah cheers lucinda, Ill head to the chemist today and pick something up, ill have a look for that olay stuff. I have been cleansing my skin morning and night with cetaphil cleanser? is it bad for me to be doing this 2 times a day? Maybe thats whats making me get dry early on. Anyway

Day 9

I don't have any active anything at the moment really. i have some red lumps under the skin on my neck but nothing else. My pores are looking pretty big below my eyes and my skins dry, lips arent too bad. I hope i don't get a rough breakout soon.

catch

Hey - happy Day 9 (for the both of us :)) - you're lucky you don't have dry lips! I've got 'em and it sucks bigtime.

Well keep on goin man! good luck - hope the week's good to ya!

ps - Page 2! Booyah!

ha yeah my lips are still kind of dry, but i have been using this stuff called carmex heaps, it works well and my lips arent very dry.

Day 10 yewwwl double digits ha

Feeling fine today, I lied in bed till about 11 o clock then got up and had a look in the mirror and i have probably 4 new small bumps on my face/neck. I hope this isnt the IB.

Must be nice to lay in bed until 11am. Lucky you! I had the IB but it wasn't that bad. Even considering all that I went thru before Accutane. I hope you are okay and continue to see dramatic results!

Hey, sickunt. You are already dry? I am not even close to being sry, although I am 10 mg lower then u(30 mg a day). I was wondering wht chapstick u use?