Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
plan b.

Okay to rub off dead skin after cleaning?

I find that after I wash my face with soap I can easily gently rub off the dead skin flakes on my face. Is this okay or should I just leave it on my face?

It is best not to try to irritate your skin too much. To help with the flakes you could try an AHA moisturiser such as Neutrogena healthy skin lotion, ot if that isn't enough then you could gently rub them off with a towel after washing, but remeber BE GENTLE!!!! ;)

Removing the dead skin after washing will help in clearing up your acne. If you just leave it on there its just going to clog up your face. BP works by causing the skin to shed (dead skin) and so removing these dead skin cells is a good idea. Don't scrub though, be gentle. I use a very gentle synthetic brush when I need to get rid of flaky skin.

I find that after I wash my face with soap I can easily gently rub off the dead skin flakes on my face. Is this okay or should I just leave it on my face?

Yes, it's safe providing your gentle with it. Just get a towel and slight strokes will erase them :)

wen i got some dead skin on my face i jus use my towel that i dried my face with to gently rub the skin off!

works dead good

wen i got some dead skin on my face i jus use my towel that i dried my face with to gently rub the skin off!

works dead good

Pun intended?

On 6/30/2006 at 12:00 PM, Dami4n said:

works dead good

I use a curved (semi-dull) knife to scrape the dead skin off my legs and feet.