Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shihman

accutane for blackheads

Hey Guys,

I'm currently taking accutane. I was on 40mg/day for 1st month and my blackheads have disappeared.

Just wanted to share this with you all.

yeah i noticed the sebum plugs on my nose have gone too. its called sebaceous hyperplasia. the pores closed up somehat too but im still waiting since ive only been on it two weeks.

My derm said that Accutane cures every type of acne, pustles, cysts, etc. Except blackheads :naughty: !!!

Weird huh? :think:

My derm said that Accutane cures every type of acne, pustles, cysts, etc. Except blackheads :naughty: !!!

Weird huh? :think:

if your blackheads are already there it wont dissolve them but it will stop oil which keeps you from forming new ones.

the old blackheads will slowly get pushed out since accutane also makes your skin dry and exfoliate. there is also some theory that it makes the follicle cells less sticky to each other so they arent likely to clog pores.

but your derm is wrong. it has cleared my blackheads nicely.

yeah my blackheads are exactly the same after 4 months on accutane.

yeah my blackheads are exactly the same after 4 months on accutane.

Same here... finished my course of accutane and my acne is gone but my blackheads are the same as before, just less oil.

wow!

my blackheads are gone. The result is my nose has a bunch of holes in it. Will these close up by themselves?????

I hope so!

I have a ton of blackheads on my bad, I've been on a dose of 50mg's for one month, and also 70 mg's for the second month... the blackheads are still there but my back isn't breaking out as bad as it use to.

Should I exfoliate or not on my back?