Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amanda12345

Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque

Guest Sincerely_Me

It feels good, and if you use it as a spot treatment it really helps with zits. It doesn't remove blackheads or anything. It's a little over-rated, but I like the way it makes my skin feel.

How well does this product work? How often should I use it? Does it get rid of blackheads?

It feels good, smells great and you get a lot of product for your money! I used to use it about once a week when my pores were feeling clogged up, after cleansing and exfoliating. It works well for cleaning pores and drying up smallish pimples, but it's not so helpful for more cystic acne. Also, you might not want to use it right before a big event because it works by drawing all of the oil and junk out of your pores, which can cause breakouts a few days after using the mask.

Right now I use Burt's Bees pore-refining mask instead of the Queen Helene one -- it's also a green clay mask, but my skin likes it more for some reason. It's a bit more expensive and comes in a powder form that you mix with water or juice. I'd definitely recommend it, but the Queen Helene mask is also good!

I found it to be a decent mask, but as lunae mentioned, it can bring a lot of stuff to the surface - it did that to me when I used to have a lot of blocked pores on my forehead. I mostly use it to spot treat. I put a dab of it on any active pimples overnight and it helps dry them out and decreases redness.

How often can I use it? :ninja:

probably once or twice a week would be enough if you do a full-face mask... more than that might irritate your skin, depending on how sensitive it is. if you're just spot-treating, you can do that whenever a pimple forms, just like other topical treatments.

How well does this product work? How often should I use it? Does it get rid of blackheads?

My mom threw mine out because she thought it was "ruining" my skin. hah! just don't leave it on too long like I did, because it can really dry out the skin. It does dry out active pimples all the while though. Be sure to moisturize!