Notifications
Clear all

What happens if i dont moisturize? (accutane)

MemberMember
(@kingway)

Posted : 06/26/2006 7:36 pm

Apart from perpetually having a dry face, are there any other negatives to not moisturising? Ive been on accutane a month and my face is hella dry, but since i dont go out much i dont need to worry about having ugly flaky skin so i dont regularly moisturize. Is there a problem with this? Will it affect the outcome or results of my Tane treatment?

MemberMember
(@bfguitar)

Posted : 06/26/2006 7:53 pm

Your face will literally fall off.

No jk.

You will just looks really really really bad.

MemberMember
(@kingway)

Posted : 06/26/2006 8:43 pm

Also, after my course, will my face stop being so dry? or will it be like this forever?

MemberMember
(@carolla)

Posted : 06/26/2006 9:58 pm

Also, after my course, will my face stop being so dry? or will it be like this forever?

what do you have against moisturizing?

MemberMember
(@kingway)

Posted : 06/27/2006 1:58 am

Nothing but it hurts to rub it on my face all the time. But is there anything wrong with not doing it.

MemberMember
(@dmbsdreamgrl)

Posted : 06/27/2006 2:03 am

I haven't been doing it yet so don't feel alone but I'm only on day 12 so when it gets worse I probably will

MemberMember
(@jammy)

Posted : 06/27/2006 4:04 am

I just picked up my first pack of accutane - yay - 40mg for first month.... my derm told me NOT to moisturise my face but if my body became dry i could moisturise that.... so i wonder if it helps not to moisturise?!?!

if my face gets really dry, like i hear it will, then i'm gonna have to moisturise....

MemberMember
(@medic)

Posted : 06/27/2006 8:17 am

1, moisturize

2, go out

MemberMember
(@kingway)

Posted : 06/27/2006 4:26 pm

LOL, what u mean go out?

MemberMember
(@adam87)

Posted : 06/27/2006 4:28 pm

i dont moisturize when im at home only when i get out , i just hate the feeling of the moisturizer on my face is that ok? im not overly dry imo and im on 60mg per day

MemberMember
(@kingway)

Posted : 06/27/2006 4:34 pm

^^ same, im on 60 too.

MemberMember
(@dmbsdreamgrl)

Posted : 06/27/2006 4:42 pm

me three

MemberMember
(@ronaldo)

Posted : 06/27/2006 5:05 pm

i didn't moisturise my face whilst on roaccutane just made sure i always lubed up my lips . I was on 80mg a day haha beat you all (as if its some kind of achivement )

MemberMember
(@kingway)

Posted : 06/27/2006 5:15 pm

^It isn't

MemberMember
(@mima)

Posted : 06/29/2006 7:05 am

how the hell do u guys get away with not moisturising? I have to moisturise about 4 times a day...it's insane...how come your derm told u not to?

MemberMember
(@jamesjoyce)

Posted : 06/29/2006 8:39 am

i used to hate the feel of moisturizer when i had oily skin, but now i kinda of like it.

im on day 15 and i only use moisturizer after i exfoliate with st. ives scrub. otherwise my face gets way too dry and scaly.

one of my reasons for not wanting to moisturize. i think it may increase the shedding process which acts like a chemical peel and will make my scars and pores better. but maybe it will make them worse?

MemberMember
(@luke0209)

Posted : 06/29/2006 1:05 pm

how the hell do u guys get away with not moisturising? I have to moisturise about 4 times a day...it's insane...how come your derm told u not to?

LoL, ya honestly... all around my nose and my mouth is just dry skin... I usually have to moistureize around 2 times a day. And in some cases I take my moisturizer with my just in case lol!

MemberMember
(@beauty-bot)

Posted : 06/29/2006 1:21 pm

agreed!

I call it my "zombie face" before I put on moisturizer! Even if you don't go out, I don't know how you could handle the pain and tightness.

Also, my skin feels and is less red and breaking out since using aloe gel too.

overall, I don't think it's a good idea to put nothing on.

MemberMember
(@martin06)

Posted : 06/29/2006 1:31 pm

nothing bad will happen if you don't moisturise but you'll find regular moisturising will benefit you when you do go out, as your face will absorb the moisturiser you put on so quickly (as its so dry) that you'll get flaky skin when you're out.

MemberMember
(@jamesjoyce)

Posted : 06/29/2006 3:34 pm

If your face is so dry you can't smile or is scaley and cracking you should moisturize it. nothing bad may happen but why be uncomfortable?

MemberMember
(@medic)

Posted : 06/29/2006 9:20 pm

i didn't moisturise my face whilst on roaccutane just made sure i always lubed up my lips . I was on 80mg a day haha beat you all (as if its some kind of achivement )

Darwin award for skin care maybe.

MemberMember
(@cheechchong_pt2)

Posted : 06/29/2006 9:39 pm

Well I guess I'm lucky I have normal perfect skin not oily or dry :D And I'm on 70mg and I weigh 83kgs

MemberMember
(@kingway)

Posted : 06/30/2006 12:43 am

Simply having a dry face isnt uncomfortabe for me, rubbing cream on face over cysts on the other hand, is.

MemberMember
(@incandescentsausage)

Posted : 05/17/2019 8:56 pm

So if you dont moisturize while on Accutane it wont make it worse? Because Im paranoid that its clogging my pores and causing breakouts.

Also Ive heard that dry skin causes breakouts? So what do I do?

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/17/2019 10:46 pm

I do not tink that dry skin causes break outs. Depending on the type of acne that you have (fungal acne, or which of two bacterial types of acne), moist skin can CAUSE breakouts.