Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
natalia321

dont underestimate music...

i just thought id let everyone who is depressed, or having problems, that about a year ago i was in your same position. then life got good, then life got really good, which i didn't even think was possible. i just wanted people to know that life can get better and its all about what you make it. whocares if you have acne, in ten years when you look back at yourself on this day you shouldn't have to remember yourself being so upset. because you only live once and everyday eventually ends. sorry tangent.

annnnnnyway!

i really believe that music can change your attitude and it is one of the major things that really helped me out. here are some of my favorites...

nick drake (pink moon album in particular)

elliott smith (kind of depressing, but it ironically made me not feel depressed but instead sorry for him)

radiohead (my favorite albums are kid a and fake plastic trees)

death cab for cutie ("title and registration" has the highest play count of all my itunes...favorite.ever.)

rilo kiley (lots...)

sigur ros (so claming, also good for doing homework to!)

brazilian girls (just "dont stop", unless you like french music or pussy pussy pussy marijuanaaaaa)

jeff buckley(hallelujah)

cat stevens (wind)

broken social scene (lots...)

beck(lots...)

bloc party (silent alarm album. whole thing. plus theyre british so its so much fun to listen to.)

if anyone has any other music that helped them out they shouldn't hesitate to share because music is a powerful thing! and i beseech all of you to listen to these artists! they changed my life at least, maybe they could help with yours and why not it's worth a shot.

Guest Spike Rules89

Music is the sex

I absolutely love music, and found it as a good escape. I'll recommend a couple bands to check out, Labyrinth and Los Lonely Boys...both very different from one another, but both are very awesome!

oh and metric "down"---great song, great band. realllly great to listen to when you are down. realllly good.

aaaand preston school of industry "caught in the rain". i just love it.

Guest Spike Rules89

CellDweller owns

hmm ive never heard Labyrinth i should try it.

Check out the album called Return To Heaven Denied, you'll never be the same, and you'll never look at music the same way...hahahaha!!!

Pink Floyd! Everything else sucks!

:wub::wub:

Pink Floyd is one giant orgasm for my ears

Check out the album called Return To Heaven Denied, you'll never be the same, and you'll never look at music the same way...hahahaha!!!

I've never heard of Labyrinth myself. I think I would like to check them out!

I do love the movie Labyrinth though, with David Bowie haha

IPB Image

Guest Spike Rules89

Whenever I listen to The Beatles I feel better. Techno, aswell. Armin Van Buuren, Paul Van Dyke, Tietso, Darude everything all awesome

I've never heard of Labyrinth myself. I think I would like to check them out!

I do love the movie Labyrinth though, with David Bowie haha

IPB Image

i loved tha film :D

i've been so busy with school! but i've been around here...i lurk every so often but don't post much anymore.

oh and also "do you realize" by the flaming lips is uplifting and motivational....and i like "yoshimi battles the pink robots"...just try and disregard the fact that car companies exploit good songs by using them in commercials, like them and modest mouse and bloc party and the postal service and others im sure...and you might like it.

I really love Tony Davich's eye of the tiger.... That song always get me motivated to do stuff. :cool:

What the hell? You just like disappeared last summer.

well heres all that has essentially taken place in my life: i had to stop taking accutane, graduated high school, went to europe and moved to chicago to study at a university and just finished my first year. i just don't post much...im on aim like all the time still though haha

eye of the tiger is fun too. it reminds me of basketball players for some reason...haha

I think it's definately one of those songs you play just before a big game... to get u motivated and stuff. I love it though :cool:

Taken from the Dail Express:

THE BENEFITS OF...MUSIC

The benefits of music were first discovered during the Second World War when rousing songs were played over loudspeakers to make workers in munitions factories labour harder.

Music therapy is now regularly prescribed by doctors for treating patients with depression, dementia and mental health problems. When using music to modify mood, therapists often start by playing - or asking the patient to play - music to match their current mood, before introducing more uplifting tunes.

In a study of music and mood in 1999, Dr Mike Lowis, from University College Northampton talked of "peak experiences" - moments of intense clarity and euphoria stimulated by music's ability to unity the left (logical) and right (emotional) sides of the brain.

"Peak experiences are usually triggered by sex, taking drugs, being around nature, natural childbirth, or listening to music," he says. "Music bypasses all the filters in the brain and goes straight to our emotional centre."

Dr Raymond Macdonald, of Glasgow's Caledonian University, found that listening to a favourite piece of music helps to reduce pain and anxiety.

Singing and dancing can also have many good healing qualities. If a person hums or sings, they are often in a good mood. Dancing to music can increase circulation, strengthen the muscles and boost the immune system.

Other studies have shown that music filled with lyrics of hate an despair, such as rap or heavy metal, can bring out a similar state of mind in those listening to it.

Classical music, on the other hand, can have a positive effect, enhancing cognitive and creative development. So, it seems, the difference between a sulky teenager and one without a care in the world could be the choice of music on their iPod.

I really love Tony Davich's eye of the tiger.... That song always get me motivated to do stuff. :cool:

That song brings back a lot of bad memories. At my school, we used to run to that song everyday in gym class. I was the only one in the class who had bad acne at 12 :( Therefore, I associate that song with that time in my life :boohoo: