Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
holyyawp

Celebrities With ACNE breakouts

Why do celebritries who have noticeable acne scarring (i.e. Bill Murray, Lawrence Fishburne, Steve Forbes) choose not to get it fixed? With all their money, it seems to me they could afford the best plastic surgeons in the world. Maybe it's just the harsh movie lights that they are constantly filmed under which makes their scarring look worse then it actually is. But it still perplexes me, because if I had big bucks, I would get the scars fixed in a New York minute.

Can you think of any other celebrities with bad acne scarring? I know when ever I watch a movie, I always check to see if the actor/actress has bad scars. I guess seeing imperfections on famous people's faces is a self-esteem booster (sad but true.)

u'd have to ask them not us, but there was alrdy a thread about this a lil while back; one guy who i noticed has acne scars and is pretty famous is rickey martin (although his are very shallow) . jus go to www.skinema.com they mention many celebs with acne scarring

If you have bad scars and you're rich and famous, maybe it means the scars didn't hold you back one bit. Maybe scarring is just a minor nuisance for these people, not a tragedy. And so they don't bother getting them fixed?

I don't understand it - maybe I'm too sensitive or something.

Laurence Fishburne's are by far the most noticeable but they seem so SMALL and SHALLOW. They look like they could be fixed so easily....when he's on screen in the Matrix movies and they are doing a closeup the scars are all I can pay attention to. Why doesn't he fix them?!?! If I was the Wachowski's I would have made him do it. A distraction that big is not good for the movie.

Maybe he just doesn't care though.....

I imagine that the answer to the question varies from person to person. Here are some possibilities:

- they don't care

- they don't want surgery

- maybe they feel it gives them "presence" for interesting character development

- perhaps the severity of their scars is such that they wouldn't get much improvement.

Mel Gibson ( see Payback)has pretty noticible scarring around his jawline and neck, as does Nick Cage ( see lost in translation)and Keanu Reeves

( see 2nd Matrix). These guys scars are very noticible in shadow type lighting.

James Woods, Tommy Lee Jones, Bill Murray, Rober Davi, Edward James Olmos are all extensively scarred. Olmos's scarring is particularily bad.

Brad Pitt has acne scars and pits all over his face, though fairly shallow. They don't detract from his looks like Olmos or Jones though. For some reason his innate handsomeness gets away with it.

Johnny Depp has nice translucent skin, but he does have a few shallow acne scars.

Jim Carrey has minor scarring / imperfections.

If you see photos of Cameron Diaz without make -up you would be shocked. Only a little scarring, but very blotchy , pimply and uneven tone. Make up does wonders.

James

sorry but wasnt that the movie where the guy had half his face practically burned off? I dont think mel gibson had to go thru that did he?

They showed Once Upon a Time in America on Irish TV recently,there was a program about sergio Leone(director) afterwards featuring interviews with James Woods and I have to say his scarring seemed to have really improved-that film was 20 years ago and there was a real contrast. Ray Liottas scars seem to have improved too. I think all actors/sportstars have had some work done but as we all know acne scarring is so difficult to treat. The day we see people in the movies with drastic improvements in their skin is when we know something is out there that really works

Just as a FYI:

As for Mr. Gibson, his actual life story  interesting though it may be to his fans â€â€

There's an anecdote surrounding this early triumph which presumably inspired our apocryphal email story.

About a week before the big audition, he got drunk at a party and wound up in a fistfight with three other men. And lost. "I woke up in the bloody hospital with head stitches, a busted nose, my jaw off the hook, peeing blood," he recalled in a 1995 Playboy interview. He was "still a mess" on the day of the audition, but ironically it was his busted-up face (he claims) that caught director George Miller's attention and won Gibson the part as the film's post-apocalyptic antihero.

Be that as it may, he did not require a year in the hospital to recover, nor was he left permanently disfigured, nor did he join a circus freak show and spend five years wandering and horribly depressed. On the contrary, he healed quickly, shot Mad Max that same year and went on to become one of the world's most sought-after leading men.

He did, in fact, later direct and star in "The Man Without a Face," the 1993 film adaptation of Isabelle Holland's novel of the same name. In it, he played a reclusive teacher whose face had been horribly scarred as a result of an automobile accident. But the script wasn't based on Gibson's own life, not even remotely. As a matter of fact, the novel  as in: a work of fiction  from which the film was adapted was first published in 1972. Mel Gibson was 16 years old at the time.

I hate to rain on everyone's parade but I think a lot of you guys are wrong. Most of these actors have had their scars worked on. Bill Murray had scars in is SNL days, but has none now. He plays celebrity golf tournaments and doesn't wear makeup to those gigs and he DOES NOT have scars.

Laurence Fishburne's scars have improved tremendously over the years. His used to be really bad. He had pits all over his face and especially on his cheeks. While he still has some scars, they aren't anything like they were.

James Woods' skin is totally clear right now, Pitts' too.

Olmos doesn't look like he's ever had work done, so I guess if it doesn't bother him, it doesn't bother me. smile.gif

**Iracne, I agree 100%. Ray Liotta's scars seemed to have improved dramatically...he looks scar free.

Denise2 - I just the movie 'Lost in Translation' starring Bill Murray and I can assure you that the man still has significant acne scarring. I'm curious, what made you think different?

Denise you are very wrong.

Bill Murray still has very noticeable scarring and Fishburne's scars are still as bad as ever in Matrix Revolutions.

I heard Mel Gibson say in an interview that he walked into an audition with a friend for Mad Max. He was not even going to audition for a role. They saw his face and asked him to audition. Then he was offered the lead role. It sounds simple doesn't it.

No not really. He was a product from NIDA the famous Sydney acting school that produced Nicole Kidman, Geoffrey Rush, Naomi Watts, David Wenham and Judy Davis. He had done a few films before Mad Max which made him a known actor. In one of his films called Tim he has active acne on the sides of his chin. He has moderate to deep scarring on his neck where it meets his face and one deep large crater on the side of his chin. It's easy analyzing a person's face on the big screen isn't it.

Hey thats so right RAY LIOTTA & JAMES WOODS .... I agree that they

have gotten good work done. A few years ago I read where JW said...

something like "You hear about all these treatments 4 scars & you go &

nothing" But that was BEFORE lasers maybe 6 years ago. RE Ray Liotta,

def improvement I recall saying that just like 6 mos ago when I saw him

on TV .... its just my educated guess but I would say LASER treatment

on both them. In fact, I think William Shatner had a laser job on his

entire face ... About 1 year ago, on late night TV, I flicked on & there was

WS in total kinda RED FACE. for whatever reason he was on TV maybe

he had it done about 2-3 mos before but check it out he does look much

younger facially. I don't think it was for acne scars but just for a pick up.

Derek

I saw "Lost in Translation" too and his scars were MUCH WORSE years ago. I'm not saying he's perfect, I'm saying COMPARED TO HOW HE USED TO LOOK, he's totally different. Maybe some of you guys think a few small dents are bad scars, but I don't. I looked at Murrey in the movie and kept thinking how improved his scars were, and how they weren't even noticeable now. Oh well......

Lawrence Fishburne looks like he's had some improvement over the years. His scars are small pits now, but he used to have rolling scars and boxcars years ago.

Not sure how old you guys are but I'm 39 and recall these guys from years and years ago. Bill Murrey from SNL in the 70's and 80's is much better looking today.

i went to the movies last night and saw The Last Samurai (good movie) and i noticed many of the actors had acne scars. Not al the actors would be classified as true "celebs" though. Cruise had a couple shallow rolling scars (very hard to notice), Tony Goldwyn has a very apparent pitted cheek scar, Shichinosuke Nakmura (he plays the emperor of japan) has acne scars on his forehead a few along his cheeks, Mataso Harada (he plays the emperor's advisor) has a few pitted scars on his forehead, Shin Koyamada (plays a teenage samurai brother of the leader) has very moderate/severe acne scarring on one of his cheeks, even one of the ladies Koyuki (she plays the sister to the leader of the samurai) has a few marks (she's very attractive though), and finally i noticed many of the extras (especially the japanese conscript army) had acne scaring varying from face to face. As for the whole Billy Murray thing i think they've improved, not sure about Fishburne's though

Check out some of the close up shots:

Laurance Fishburne

Edward James Olmos

(I tried to find more of other actors, but the pictures were either too far away , too fuzzy or smothered with makeup tongue.gif)

Now, if these guys can be successful film/TV stars with beautiful wifes and so on - even though they have scarring, why can't I? :-s

How can I say, a few scars are holding me back from what I want to do in life?

Fishburne looks badass with or without scars, he's the kind of "ill fucking tear u in 2 if u look at me funny" guy. olmos he don't look so mean but eh... whatever

edit: in fact scarring seems to magnify fishburne's badassness! no wonder he doesn't try to treat it!

Mel Gibson ( see Payback)has pretty noticible scarring around his jawline and neck

Mel Gibson's scars arent from acne though. Rent the movie "Man without a face." Its a true story based on Mel Gibsons life. Very good and movie and unbelievable story of what Gibson had to overcome.

Gave hope to me

I hate to rain on everyone's parade but I think a lot of you guys are wrong.  Most of these actors have had their scars worked on.  Bill Murray had scars in is SNL days, but has none now.  He plays celebrity golf tournaments and doesn't wear makeup to those gigs and he DOES NOT have scars.

Laurence Fishburne's scars have improved tremendously over the years.  His used to be really bad.  He had pits all over his face and especially on his cheeks.  While he still has some scars, they aren't anything like they were.

James Woods' skin is totally clear right now, Pitts' too.

Olmos doesn't look like he's ever had work done, so I guess if it doesn't bother him, it doesn't bother me. smile.gif

**Iracne, I agree 100%.  Ray Liotta's scars seemed to have improved dramatically...he looks scar free.