Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mman

Can I lie about what meds I've tried to get accutane?

Alright, I basicly need accutane. I could go into detail about how my mildish acne is affecting my life, but I don't think anyone needs to hear another depressing story.

Anyhow, I have tried retin-a, differin, BP, Dan's regimen, oral antibiotics, lots of vitamins, and damn near every OTC product you can buy. My face doesn't respond to any of these. What else could the doc do before putting me on accutane? I go to a normal doctor by the way, not a derm. If I switch doctors, or if I end up going to a derm (I dont think my insurance would cover a derm visit) could I lie and say that I have tried more meds and not responded to them, or will they have a way of knowing? I just want this gone, and I'm going to be off of my parents insurance on December 26th. This means that unless I start soon, I will have to pay for some of my treatment out of pocket, which is OK with me if I have to, but its just so much easier to get it now and get it done with.

Presumably they'll know from your medical records. However, if you have tried the medications you have listed above, you have already given things a pretty fair shot (although, if you are a girl you could try BCPs and, depending on the antibios you have tried, there may be others that are helpful). Accutane can be prescribed to those people who have mild acne which hasn't responded to other medication, so you may qualify for it without lying.

Im guessing your not a girl since your name is mman lol.. but yeah i think youve pretty much tried everything and now its obvious the next is accutane

why do you have to lie? From my understanding, you've already tried many OTC products, with little improvement

Alright, I basicly need accutane. I could go into detail about how my mildish acne is affecting my life, but I don't think anyone needs to hear another depressing story.

Anyhow, I have tried retin-a, differin, BP, Dan's regimen, oral antibiotics, lots of vitamins, and damn near every OTC product you can buy. My face doesn't respond to any of these. What else could the doc do before putting me on accutane? I go to a normal doctor by the way, not a derm. If I switch doctors, or if I end up going to a derm (I dont think my insurance would cover a derm visit) could I lie and say that I have tried more meds and not responded to them, or will they have a way of knowing? I just want this gone, and I'm going to be off of my parents insurance on December 26th. This means that unless I start soon, I will have to pay for some of my treatment out of pocket, which is OK with me if I have to, but its just so much easier to get it now and get it done with.

where are you from?

the derm I go to is only 10$ per visit,but i am paying for accutane out of my pocket...but i dont care...with all the money I already spend on all the other product.It will be worth it!

Usually the requirements are trying 2 different antibiotics while using facial creams at the same time. Seems like you have already tried that.

If your acne is severe enough, the derm won't hesitate (in my case) and i lied about trying eveything but i haven't and i know antibiotics won't work on me (i tried) so he gave me accutane and it did it work !! It's the best drug out there for acne !! good luck !!