Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

its the sky high prices of beauty salons that I object to. Let me give you my personal experience. I went for a bioskin facial, it cost only $38 as it was on promotion. But at the end of it all they were pushing products on me that cost around $300 in total. When I said I didn't have enough, they told me all of the products were necessary or it wouldn't work. I really didn't have enough but still they kept pushing. Maybe if I had money to pay for all the expensive facials and products it might work, who knows, but I don't have $500 to shell out every month. (They recommend facials forthnightly or weekly) And besides I had deep cystic acne, something that salons don't know how to handle.

What has worked for me is accutane and acne cure. The acne cure is amazing stuff. It's cheap and I haven't had pimples for a long time.

For IPL if you live in the east you can try Doctor Lily Aw in Pasir Ris. She will do the same area many times so you feel like you get your money's worth. IPL for acne costs $50. For facial rejuvenation it's $180. She does cortisone injections (It will flatten the pimple in 24 hours) for free whereas most places charge $25-$35.

I share the sentiments with regards to exorbitant prices. And yes, I don't like hardsell too but I'm quite resistant towards it too so doesn't affect me much. I recently went for a facial at Coslab that just opened near my house after my mom kept asking me to go. I think their service and attitude not bad, they aren't pushy at all. If you don't want to buy, they're also okay with it. Will prob stick with it for a few times to see how it goes.

Hmmz, lily aw sounds promising, can anyone give me the address of her clinic? thanks! By the way, is IPL beneficial for red marks and scars? Expressions has IPL too, so what do you guys think of the IPL that Expressions is offering?

yoz biscuitboi...

sorri for not hav been updating my blog for A LONG TIME ... hahaha

i was so so busy tat i did not even had time to ZZZzzzzz....

thanx GOD i m having my holidays now ( tml first day ) WOOHOO... will start updating my blog ;o)

cheers

tootboy

Lily Aw clinic no: 65822122

She usually does IPL on tuesday afternoon. Zenith let us know how it goes with the facials... Do you have a problem with active acne or marks?

IPL is supposed to help fade the red marks left by acne outbreaks. Not too sure about Dr Lily Aw cuz I went to Summit to do it. Quite pleased with the results and I also realized there weren't as many clogged pores and blackheads on my face then too.

Sally> sure..I've only went for once so far..going for the 2nd one on 11 Nov. No I stopped having active acne long ago, as for acne marks..not really visible. But I have a compulsion to squeeze those clogged pores & blackheads on my face, that's why I always seem to have marks. Quit doing that recently though, cuz the beautician is much much better at this, she can extract but yet only leave very minimal faint redness that goes away very quickly. Wonder how they do that man.. so I think I shouldn't ruin my face.

anyone ever tried going to Chinese medical doctor? It seems better, coz it addresses the root cause, not just temporary suppress the problem like accutane! I like the idea that I will be improving my health and skin at the same time. And chinese medicine is quite cheap also. The problem is, where to find a good doctor who understands skin problems.

http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=12752

Yes I agree that Chinese medicine may be a better solution for chronic problems like acne. After reading the thread that you've posted sally, now I know why I felt 'cooler' and didn't sweat as much when I was taking chinese medicine for one period of time. But I took it for my hormonal fluctuation problem though, which I believe why I've poor complexion? As for recommendation of chinese physician for acne problem, really have no idea. One thing is Chinese medicine takes some time to become effective, so you really have to be patient.

IPL for $50 is very cheap....are u sure it just $50? in US dollars is about $100 per session....i dun think in USA can find any derm or doc who offered $100 US dollars per session. If it was really $50 Sing dollars then are u sure that the equipment they used are Intense pulse light?

Any recommended facial cleanser or soap bar ? My face is full with blackheads sad.gif I do wash my face twice a dae with Avene Soapless Cleanser and tats does not help

I'm sorry to say that a lot of the products like mandelic acid, puredeming gel and cp serum are only available online...that's what I think anyway... I suppose it might be cheaper if you buy in "bulk" i.e. gather a few pple on the board who might be interested and order together. Just an idea.

evesun: ah...you'll probably need a glycolic acid peel or something. It's the most common, but can be irritating. Other options: lactic acid, phytic acid, mandelic acid etc...are supposed to be better. I myself use ginvera marvel gel, which contains AHA. It has limited efficacy, but it's relatively cheap. You can try it if you haven't already (remember to use on dry skin though...I used to think it was a cleanser and was wondering how come it didn't work..duh!).

hey guys ... long time no post ... got to know of a VERY GOOD scrub (exfoliator) ... works wonders on black & whiteheads & for smooth skin texture.

the ingredients :

1. BAKING SODA ( sodium bicarbonate ) <<< available @ supermarkets

plus

2. A gentle cleanser ( eg. Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser )

the instructions :

Squeeze a small drop of the cleanser on ur palm & mix it with quarter a teaspoon of baking soda (use more of both as u wish). Scrub it on ur face in a gentle circular motion, concentrating on areas with black & whiteheads. use 3 - 4 times a week, for abt 2 weeks to see visible result .

IF ... u cannot get hold of the cetaphil cleanser... just use quarter spoon of baking soda mixing it with water till it become a paste form.

great results

tootboy

I started to have major breakouts when i was 22, now things start getting worst..scars coming out of no where (usually on spots where I duno have pimples or acnes on it)...large pores..acnes all over esp at the both sides of my face...i always try to comb my hair in a way that my acnes and stupid little unknown things can be hide...

i am feeling very inferior now, used to be a very confident person..gone are the days when i lift my head high and smile widely..

I started to go to facials abt salons...went to bio-skin recently...it really really suck!! Don't work at all...they used some equipment and said will help to suck out my blackheads and whitehead..but all the lady did was to placed the equipment for no more than 5 times on my nose..and thats it!! I have blackheads and whiteheads all over my face!!! The facial is suppose to be one of the more expensive and effective one...but when i walked out of the salon..i only felt cheated and depressed...coz i tot bio-skin is my only hope..haiz..

Tried the neutrogen oil free acne wash..it only drys up my skin...won't work..used oxy for pimple..but leaves very unsightly red and indent scars all over my face...tried icing the pimples, salt water, honey..none of them work...hoping the lemon with hot water will help abit...

Now I am using the encerin clarifying stuffs...hope they will work..will keep u all update...i am interested in lily's IPL though...will be going soon.. will let u all noe the results soon...

By the way..wish to enquire..what is acne cure? Is it a cleanser or some drugs? Where to get?

Very happy that singaporeans are here to share abt all these...dun let the thread..hope we all get our skin clear very soon...

And lastly...very sorry for this long post...paisay paisay

acne cure is a book, u can find the acne cure regimen in it, i'm not too sure of it, but im sure u'll be able to find the steps of acne cure here. I suggest u try the proactiv repairing lotion available at watson's , it really helped me quite a bit

hey zenith i was thinking of doing the cleanse/flushes too..but dont really know how to start..you have any clue. i just know that the liver flush steps but i think b4 that its advisable to do the parasitic and bowel cleanse too...a little confusing