Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey first time here. glad to see got so many singaporeans here too. =)

hai. i wan to solve my problem of large pores n pimple scars? anione got ani good regime to help?

haha...thanx for telling me now, man...I bought it liao...but I'll be careful...I'm using it sparingly anyways...

btw, if you have sensitive skin, Dan's regimen may not be a good idea...when I tried it, my skin got all red and itchy!! It's better to start slow, and use a moisturizer...and the part about being really gentle with your skin? I thought that was really good advice...it's worth a try.

Other than IPL, I also used a cream and mask made for lightening acne marks. I think these 2 products helped a bit but IPL was still the main factor lah. I remembered reading some posts on another board where people were applying squeezed lemon juice on their face to reduce the redness, maybe can try that also. But I think those with sensitive skin better be cautious cuz lemon juice maybe too strong for the skin and made it even redder instead. Better try on a small area first to see how it work..

qian... i been using retin a.. it was working damn great... preventing new pimple forming up to 99%. however i dun tink it works well 4 scar n red marks( i m experiencing red cheeks now). oso retin a has 2 be prescrible by a doctor... so u might wan 2 ask ur doc 4 it if u wan. hope tis helps

Qian> the cream & mask that I've used are from Pierre Chenxu. Not sold in market..they do mostly online retailing. They're based in S'pore so can easily get their products. Not cheap though but this is by far the best skincare brand for my face, still using their products now. If you're interested to find out more, can go check out their website at www.pierrechenxu.com

thanx. but wich is e product tat u exactly use? e complete name? how much ah? i went to e website see le. not bad. but got shipping fees all these rite? den muz take how long to deliver? how much u pay exactly? sorry ask so much questions.. :-$

I used 59 Herbal SR Mask and 99 Herbal SR Cream. Also used 90-O Herbal AC Cream as spot treatment. I did not order online..u're located in S'pore now right? Then it's better to call their office & order instead, they'll deliver free to your doorstep. I think you shld request for a sample set to try it out yourself first. Ask for Mdm Lim, she's very helpful. Of cuz if u can actually go down personally to the office & talk to her, that'll be better.

yoz zenith...

i m juz curious.... wat is the name of the clinic tat u went for the IPL treatment. Do they also offer other treatments like chemical peels & microdermabrasion ??? do u koe the price of those treatments if it is available ???

cheers

tootboy

Anyone here knows the price of smoothbeam laser treatments in Singpaore? i understand that Changi hospital is the only place in S'pre that offers smoothbeam treatment.

I thought its NSC

i went for 1 cost me about $420, too bloody expensive

for rich tai-tai who have nothing better to do with their money.

sigh

if you go to the smoothbeam website and do a search on providers in Singapore, it will say National Skin Centre. $420 is just for my cheek area if its the whole face it might come up to more than $500. Plus the taxi fare there, back and forth $20, plus the deposit of $40 you have to pay to book the appointment, plus the fee I have to pay to see the dermatologist. It's nuts.

one treatment is impossible to tell anything. I would never ever go to any beauty salon for my skin problems. Those are the worst places. It's all about playing on your insecurities and squeezing $$$ from you. My friend spent $2000 in Haach, and made her acne worse. Then she went to a doctor and for about $20 a month her acne was cured. If you don't really have skin problems and want your skin to look nicer and to be pampered, beauty salons work well, but for those with hardcore acne, STEER CLEAR.

piggy_balls> I went to this clinic called Summit located at Jurong East Central. They do offer chemical peels and microderm..among a variety of other asethestic treatments. Not too sure about the prices of these 2 treatments though.

Regarding the beauty salon issue, I beg to differ. My friend who used to suffer from moderate-severe acne now spots a clear face after going for facials at Expressions, very impressed by the results indeed. So I think it really depends on a case-by-case basis and perhaps a bit of luck. Some products work wonder on one but have adverse effects on another, and the skills of the beautician matter a lot too.

But acne is hardly a skin-deep problem, for those who suffer from prolonged periods of acne, it's probably time that u look internally for solutions. Fluctuations in hormone levels, blocked liver, poor digestive system, impurities in blood, etc, any of these could be the root of the problem.

so which beauty salons do you think offer the best teatments for acne? I know Bioskin Sucks! All they do is advertise and they are squeezing $$ out of you with each session costing $198. Has anyone tried the expressions IPL? it supposed to be rather effective.