Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey electronic_star

personally i would advise u to go for chemical peel instead of buying the AHA thingy ...... i cannot really tell u the success rate for the 15% thingy cos i oni use like 3x

the chemical peel by NEOSTRATA (20 - 70%) only cost abt S$60 per session........

then u can buy the AHA 15% home system for weekly use to maintain clear complexion lar.........

consider tat ....... good luck ;o)

cheers

tootboy

I think it's better to consult your derm abt whether to go for peels or use AHA. Personally, I think ppl with sensitive skin should try to avoid peels & AHA. I still remember quite some time back, there was a girl who posted on another acne board (absoluteacneinfo)..she got acne after doing chemical peels (wanted to get rid of some pigmentation actually).. the price for being overly-vain really not worthwhile hor?

pimple guy> unfortunately I got no photos to show you the b4 & after effect..sorry btw I did my IPL quite some time ago..1 yr back. Now I'm completely clear except for those occasional zits.

piggy_balls>i started on Nimegen on Teacher's day(1/9) and i got it from this clinic by the name of YSL clinic and surgery at joo seng(near upp aljuned rd). The only side effects so far is cracked lips, tt's abt all, the doc didn't sepcify how long i would be on the course, i think you can decide on ur own when to stop the course. Well to me, i'm not really very sure if it's NIMEGEN that is clearing me up or the Proactiv that i've been using. having acne is not good, especially in JC, I seem to think that all the girls are always making fun of my acne behind my back, but heck, they can go kiss my booty.

i just called up SGH retail pharmacy and they say that Neostrata Bionic Face Serum (10% PHA) is $78...kinda ex..but cheaper than one session of facial at Bella....hehe..

I'm considering PHA cos it's supposed to be milder than AHA and i only intend to use it every other night (alternate with my 2% salicylic acid)

hopefully it will be good !

all those with AHA experience..pls share..thanx ! =)

Hey tooty wats the number of the clinic??? U gimme add but neber gimme phone no.

3 more days to derm appt!!! My pimples have worsen alot during the past few days. Just wat I want before derm appt so i can persuade my derm to gimme acctane.

I've been testing out a oil called 'Green Glass Oil' a chinese medi. I think some of you should know. It heal the area without leaving scars. When i fell down, i would use that to prevent any ugly scar on my leg. Last month, i use it on my cheeks, i was testing out 3 - 5 red marks even though i had alot. After 2 weeks, the red mark just gone. Hmm..... Not sure, i'm now trying to test out all my red marks! Hope it helps!!!!

rhesus> green grass oil? where do you get it? izzit at those kinda chinese medical hall? and by the way, how do u apply? how much and for how long? can it be used in conjunction with bp? thank you, i'm rather interested in it. By the way, what kinda red marks do you have?

You can get it at chinese medical hall. I don't know if it can conjunct with BP. I get cotton with the oil with it, then put it on my face overnight. But it is not easy to wash the yellowish away with gentle cleanser. I got hyperpigmentation condition with those redmarks. sad.gif

2 more days n my exam will be over.... aniwae if u all go the scar message board on tis webby u all will c the vinegar n lemon juice method. i dunno whether the threads hab die out anotz.. but i tink i goin try it... it seemed quite effective in getting rid of red marks.

wish mi luck k? hahahz

yoz guys O:)

i had a HELL of a week ....... so buzi till i had no time to update my journal and come online to check out the forum.......

my progress on accutane is fine..... hope to increase my dosage soon....

hey 5|[email protected]@n .... all the best wit the vinegar n lemon juice method

and biscuitboi.... how was ur appointment wit the derm ??? did u managed to get ACCUTANE .... lolx..... ???

cheers

tootboy

YEAH MAN, apparently i impress the derm with my prior knowledge of accutane and convinced him to let me try. [-( The blood test is on 23rd??

Hey piggy is the blood test hard to pass???

And pimple guy the derm said that the red marks have to heal itself.

yoz biscuitboi.....

i oso had my blood test.... and it is not the matter of whether it is difficult to pass or not.... lolx..... it is just to check whether are u suitable for accutane or not....

the main factors that the derm will look out for in ur blood test is :

1. Total Cholesterol level

2. Triglycerides <<< very impt = the stored fats floating in the blood.

3. Biochemistry - AST & ALT

if u pass the test then u will be able to go on the course .....

i was wondering y is your blood test not so soon.... as i had mine on the following morning after i decided to go on the course.... and had my results the day after...... *puzzled*

anyway .......... all the best ;o)

cheers

tootboy

to pimple guy:

i think using BHA can really help to reduce the appearance of red marks. But its veri hard if u want instant results. I suggest using tinted moisturizor (from ZA available at watsons) or concealer to cover up first.

You cant really get concealers at watsons or pharmacies lah unfortunately...but i guess the tinted moisturizor can help reduce the appearance of redness...but make sure u get the ones that matches ur skin tones.....

hey guys, have anyone used the activa condolisa scar heal thingey b4? it seems rather promising, i think im going to buy it soon, i'll keep you all informed about the results.