Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danjapan

Has anyone tried ...

Are you talking about acid peels like gylcolic acid etc or a product actually called acne fading red mark peels? :)

I have tried that, but jeez, it was so long ago that I used it that I dont recall how much good or bad it did for me. Sorry, i just stick to the plain old CSR and my skin is looking good.

i doubt it would fade red marks that well due to the main chemical being Salicylic acid, read the red mark forums, or ask a moderator for advice if you get no success in any replys

xx

I have tried it, it works but it smells bad and irritates your skin.But that was a long time ago, before I found this web page.now im on the CSR

Well, simply because it has Salycilic Acid in it, it is not recommended to be used with CSR at all. Some members believe that using SA with BP is more effective, but its risky. How long have you been on CSR and how clear are you?

me? well around 75 % clear and have been on it 6 weeks

Yeah if you're interested in using it I suggest that you wait until you're 100% clear, might irritate existing spots.

I used to use Mederma for red marks (years ago) until it started irritating my skin. I currently use Neutrogena's acne mark fading peel (about $13/bottle...totally reasonable) and have found that if I use it a couple times a week consistently for about a month or two, I see HUGE results. I have mild acne and the red marks tend to be quite persistent, so, for a second time recently, I began using the peel on a regular basis and almost all of my red marks are gone. To help the marks fade even more quickly, I make sure I always wear makeup & moisturizer that has a fairly high SPF in it because the sun seems to make red marks even worse (IMO). I have extremely sensitive skin and Neutrogena's peel does not dry me out one bit (which is a first for any type of peel)...however, it does smell like a$$. The perfurme crap they put in the peel isn't very pleasant...but it's well worth it given how much it can help your red marks fade. As an added bonus, it has seemed to also help ward off future break outs........

Good luck!