Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jackiechan24

why dont athletes have redmarks?

Every pro athlete has a clear complextion. Why? Whether its baseball or basketball or football, nobody has any acne or scars. Maybe because they have the money for all the expensive treatment, or maybe because they excercise and follow a strict diet, or maybe they're in the sun all the time or something. Hmm...

its because people who exercise regularly have a better healing rate, better circulation bettter bloodflow, everything heals faster. this is demonstrated in a study where it showed that athletes healed an average of 10 days faster

Neither do movie stars

Cameron Diaz suffers from Acne.

IPB Image

She also is a rosacea sufferer =(

In interviews she always talks about "how I can eat as much Mc.Donalds and junk food as I want, and not gain a single pound from it, it doesn't cost me"..Maybe thats why..the Mc.Donalds she's eating, is probably(shouldn't assume) whats causing her break outs on her?..

I know that once I stopped eating McDicks almost every weekends nights. My skin cleared up a little bit better, and I lost a couple pounds.

its because people who exercise regularly have a better healing rate, better circulation bettter bloodflow, everything heals faster. this is demonstrated in a study where it showed that athletes healed an average of 10 days faster

wrong..i use to play sports year round and guess what..when i sweat i use to get more zits thats why i stopped playing

^ ^ ^ Shut up. Just because it broke you out doesn't mean it'll break everyone out. The more I exercise, the better my skin gets, whether I sweat or not.

^ ^ ^ Shut up. Just because it broke you out doesn't mean it'll break everyone out. The more I exercise, the better my skin gets, whether I sweat or not.

By your logic, then you're also not right, just because it works for you doesn't mean it works that way for everybody.

Sweating actually is supposed to clean out the pores. As long as you WASH YOUR FACE before exercising, you should be fine. This woman I knew used to break out all the time, but once she started exercising daily at the club to control her weight, she had the most beautiful skin of anyone I knew!!!

Exercise probably also gets the bowels moving better as well as help a number of other ailments that can trigger acne.

I always have better looking skin once I'm committed to an exercise routine, although I've been too busy lately for that.

What if your skin is naturally oily?

Dirt gets trapped easily in the oil and when you sweat, the oil goes all around your face = breakout.

I stopped sports too because it broke me out.

But as for the original question.. most people dont have acne :S

What if your skin is naturally oily?

Dirt gets trapped easily in the oil and when you sweat, the oil goes all around your face = breakout.

I stopped sports too because it broke me out.

But as for the original question.. most people dont have acne :S

I disagree. I think too many people have acne including most celebrities. They just know how to cover it up.

If you see them in movies upclose, you will definitely notice the bumps.

Isn't oil already produced "all around your face"?? It sure is.

Sweating in fact clears oils, dirt and dead skin cells from the pores.

It's not the oil but morso the BACTERIA that is attracted to sweat and oil that causes breakouts. Which is exactly why you need to cleanse before and directly after exercise.

Plus, exercise increases the flow of oxygen and blood to the skin cells which should help in healing.

By your logic, then you're also not right, just because it works for you doesn't mean it works that way for everybody.

See, he took a statement, said it was wrong and then offered how exercise effected him. The point to what I said was that we ARE both right, I don't doubt that he breaks out from exercise - it's just the fact that who is he to say the other person was wrong? Obviously exercise is going to do different things for different people and I have my own theories as to why.