Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Khari

smoothbeam, pain relief

Hi, I have had two smoothbeam treatments so far, the first one without anesthetic, the second time with a numbing cream. The cream had made no difference at all, it was TERRIBLY painful. My derm now suggested taking oral painkillers. Has anyone who had smoothbeam treatment tried this? Or any other successful method of pain relief for this treatment?

Khari, are you persian? hahah....i like your screen name...very cute. I'm very interested in smoothbeam as well. Has it helped you so far? How much improvement have you seen after your two treatments? I've heard that it helps with oily skin? Have you seen a difference. Thanx a lot. Khodafez. =)

Hi, I have had two smoothbeam treatments so far, the first one without anesthetic, the second time with a numbing cream. The cream had made no difference at all, it was TERRIBLY painful. My derm now suggested taking oral painkillers. Has anyone who had smoothbeam treatment tried this? Or any other successful method of pain relief for this treatment?

I know, man, I mean what's the purpose for the numbing cream anyways?!! It makes me feel like I am wearing a mask, and do absolutely nothing toward the smoothbeam. Same old same burning, painful sensation. Well, this is what I do after the treatment. #1. Take 1 tablet of Clariton(sp?), you know, those a anti-allergy pills, to calmd the redness. #2. Use absolutely nothing HARSH that particular night, only wash with a gentle cleanser (non-foaming) and emu oil afterward.( Emu oil has anti-inflammatory property, good stuff, man!!) And just call it a night!!

It is very very very important for you to use a high SPF and PPD sunscreen, and here's a little tip for you. Stop using any skincare/ typical acne medication such as Retin-A, Hydroquinone(sp?) ONE WEEK before the treatment. That will help to reduce the sensitivity of the skin.

Guest tired of this shish

How are they applying the numbing cream on you?

They are supposed to let you sit in for at least a half-hour and wrap you up in Saran wrap plastic foil so that your face heats up under the plastic and absorbs the numbing cream better.

Khari, are you persian? hahah....i like your screen name...very cute. I'm very interested in smoothbeam as well. Has it helped you so far? How much improvement have you seen after your two treatments? I've heard that it helps with oily skin? Have you seen a difference. Thanx a lot. Khodafez. =)

Yes, Khari is a persian name...

Well, although I have had two smoothbeam treatments, different areas of the face were treated, so that each area was treated only once. So far I have no seen or noticed any difference in skin texture or oilyness, I hope that with more treatments I will get positive results!

How are they applying the numbing cream on you?

They are supposed to let you sit in for at least a half-hour and wrap you up in Saran wrap plastic foil so that your face heats up under the plastic and absorbs the numbing cream better.

The numbing cream was applied twice: one hour and half an hour before the treatment. No saran wrap, though. Also I could feel the surface of my skin becoming numb, but apparently the smoothbeam goes deeper, it did not affect pain at all.

Guest tired of this shish

Yeah, the Saran wrap is just a technique to further the pain relief, but it wont' completely make you numb. You'll definitely feel a lot of the zing, lol! I did, especially on my forehead. That really hurt!

My doctor gave me the LMX numbing cream the first time I had smoothbeam, and it still hurt terribly, even though I left the cream on for an hour before treatment. I almost fainted during my first treatment because it hurt so bad. Now she uses a different numbing cream, which is much much stronger, and I have hardly any pain at all. I'm not sure what it's called, but you should ask your doc to look into stronger creams. This one is kind of gritty and it makes my face feel really tingly. The assistant applies it an hour before smoothbeam, and it works like a charm.