Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is probably gonna sound completely crazy, i don't know how you guys feel about this but, when i had acne i had zero self esteem. If I heard people laughing/talking/bitching i'd think that they were talkin about me. I thought that i was below everyone and that people shouldn't have to be with me because my skin was so horrible.

I'd have thought that this paranoia would have gone since my skins cleared up but I'm just as bad as before. Atm my skins basically clear with the odd spot here n there so y'no not really acne anymore but if people look at me i think that they're looking at my skin. I have no confidence whatsoever. I have an amazing boyfriend who thinks i'm just being pathetic n says i look beautiful :) but i'm just so paranoid - i really don't know what he sees in me, there are loads of girls prettier than me he could get. I keep worrying that he's gonna leave me for someone better (as stupid as that must sound). Arrgh just don't know what to do to stop feeling like this :(

Just kinda had to get that off my chest...

Don't worry you're not alone, sure there are more people with same thoughts, and I'm one of them. Mine has cleared up a lot, though still have a couple of active spots at a time usually, but I still get really paranoid about it and even when people compliment me I can't seem to accept it as someone complimenting that I look good. Really hope I stop this way of thinking at some point because it does get me down, but if you've cleared up a lot, I'm happy for you. Plus you've got a bf that obviously likes you, so good on ya!

^ i think every1 wants clear skin an expects to look like the models do in the photo shoots etc.

in reality a lot of people skin is far from perfect

I need a mirror constantly to keep me sane otherwise I think that spots are doubling up and my lips are falling off(tane) etc

Yer i constantly have to check how i look/my makeup etc in the mirror otherwise i create an image in my head of how i look and then when i actually do look in the mirror its far from reality. Plus i have to constantly ask people if i look ok. Nyarrgh just can't seem to snap out of it. People think im just bein crazily vain but i cant stop obsessing.