Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mostly Spots

BEST WAY TO GET RID OF ACNE SCARS, HYPERPIGMENTATION, AND OTHER POST ACNE PROBLEMS

I'm sure everybody has heard this before, but the best way to get rid of all your problems is to first get rid of the acne. I dont know exactly what people respond to, but benzoyl peroxide is a good product. I am currently using proactiv, and I could just kick myself for not using it since. I've been a proactiv member since January, and I've been using it consistently since June 2. I am one of those people who dont stick to something, and switch as soon as I find something else. I've had brown spots for about a year, but I didnt try to fix it until last christmas. Back then, it wastn bad, maybe one or two spots. I ordered proactiv in Jan. and used it for like 2 weeks, until I heard that BP slows down the progress for brown spots. Then I stopped and started using 2% bleach creams, Biggest mistake this year. now I have a thousand more spots that could have been avoided if I had kept using the proactiv, which works for me. Now, having been using the proactiv for 3 weeks, I am noticing some fading spots, and I have smooth, soft, and acnefree skin. I am also using olay regenerist microdermabrasion, which helps. I have a derm. appointment in a week, and he said when the acne clears up, he'll give me some bleaching cream. I wish I had done this earlier, because its going to be even harder trying to get rid of the spots in the summer than it would have been in the winter.

The best way to go about handling your skin problems is to get your acne under control first, and if something works, stick with it.

i highly doubt that it is BP thats getting rid of your scars or hyperpigmentation. it is most likely the revitalizing toner which has glycolic acid in it. thats what I am using along with CSR to help get rid of my brown and red marks.

i highly doubt that it is BP thats getting rid of your scars or hyperpigmentation. it is most likely the revitalizing toner which has glycolic acid in it. thats what I am using along with CSR to help get rid of my brown and red marks.

Although I agree with u, if it were not for the BP, I would be in the same predicament I've been in for months now. whenever one spot fades, another one appears. So they both go hand in hand, for my problem