Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corbet

Sun that bad for acne or regimen not working?

I've been using the Clear Skin Regimen for almost 4 weeks now. My face has cleared up pretty nicely. I've been applying Benzoyl twice a day, cleansing twice a day, and moisturizing. The past week I was out in the sun for a few hours (2 hours a day, 2 days) and today I noticed I've broken out pretty bad. My forehead has a decent breakout, along with my chin.

Is the sun really that bad for my face or am I just expierencing acne that has yet to be "cleansed"? I though after nearly 4 weeks everything would be cleared out of my skin.

Guest Spike Rules89

sun is horrible for skin

I love the sun. The UV rays kill the bacteria and it burns your pimples off in the short term.

yeh but long term its quite bad... i think i red somewhere it increases oil production... but im not sure...

last week was amazing for me, the sun did wonders, but now the sun is going away acne is coming back.

my acne like subsideded for like 5 days, but nbow its comng back and im back on the regimen after my weeks break.

best bet.

if your going in the sun for a length of time, get some sunscreen on your acne prone areas

bp and aha moisturisers make your skin a lot weaker to the suns rays so you burn easier etc and thats bad obviously.

if your goin in the sun get some SPF on ya face!

I got some sun & I didn't use any kind of sunscreen, and it worked out nicely for my face. So..I'd say go for it.

Then again there's skin cancer to worry about.

I got some sun & I didn't use any kind of sunscreen, and it worked out nicely for my face. So..I'd say go for it.

Then again there's skin cancer to worry about.

yup ^