Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cognitive

Best Moisturizer for After Exfoliation?

I was looking around the store for a moisturizers best used after exfoliation that will help repare and heal the skin and not cause new acne, and thought I'd check with you guys first. I was thinking of something along the lines of....something with vitamin e in it? Anyone have any suggestions?

Kiss My Face ---- Olive & Aloe or the one called Peaches and Cream with 25,000 IU of Vitamin A and Vitamin E. Kiss My Face products are sold at any GNC ..that is actually an excellent store.

wait, if the vitamin a and e lotion contain retinol (vitamin A), does that mean i shouldn't wear it in the sun?? or is that just for tretinoin and retin a?

I suggest doing some research on Vitamin E ... and maybe A(?). A lot of products containing Vitamin E actually have synthetic Vitamin E, which is not as great and effective as natural Vitamin E. I'm currently doing more research on this. I was just reading about it the other day out of boredom. :shifty:

But anyway, for example, I have a bottle of Vitamin E oil from Trader Joe's. It has dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate. Dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate is a synthetic form of Vitamin E. D-alpha-tocopheryl acetate is a natural form and is reported to be much more beneficial to the skin and tissues than synthetic Vitamin E. There's also dl-alpha-tocopherol and d-alpha-tocopherol. The Dl is synthetic and the D is natural.

I have nothing to write about Vitamin A. Don't really know. =(

Yeah, it feels like moisturizers do clog my pores, but I need something to help repair my skin after exfoliation or else I get really flaky the next day...and oily. I rather just be oily, well, I would rather by just dry....but that never works out now does it :\

Yeah, it feels like moisturizers do clog my pores, but I need something to help repair my skin after exfoliation or else I get really flaky the next day...and oily. I rather just be oily, well, I would rather by just dry....but that never works out now does it :\

an aesthetician said to me

'use an oil free moisturizer but most importantly it has to have hyaluronic acid in it. hyaluronic acid is naturally generated by the body and what it does is it draws moisture to the tissue. it can only be found in special kinds of moisturizers - hydrating moisturizers. you can buy any moisturizer but a hydrating one is more helpful for people who use acid and bp to fight acne. lastly, you can get moisturizers with just hyaluronic acid or you can one with both h acid and glycolic acid and that is super good for acne prone skin.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyaluronic_acid

i took the aestheticians advice and i use Peter Thomas Roth Max Daily Defense Moisturizer SPF 30.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtm...categoryId=3728

i know it's pricey but that one bottle is going to last me 5 -6 months. so it's not really that pricey if you think about it.

that aesthetician suggested, if you really want to have healthy skin, you have to invest in the right stuff and not just the grocery store or department store brands. research. things that are good for skin with acne are salicylic acid which gets deep into the infected skin, glycolic acid which eases scars and kill bacteria, benzyl peroxide sometimes, hyaluronic acid, sun block, and a good oil free moisturizer...

my suggestion would be to use DDF, MD Forte, Peter Thomas Roth type products and you can find those at Sephora and other professional places.

hope that helps

that sounds complicated...i'm trying to stop sing acne prone products and just use soap and moisurizers that everyone else does. if that doesn't work out i'll look into what you suggested, thanks

I've found from personal expeierince that moisturizers clog pores, even non comedongenic ones! I would'nt use a moisturizer unless your using Bp, cause if you are using Bp you do need one.

I agree!!! I still haven't found a moisterizer that doesn't clog my pores =( I bought a Lumene matte moisterizer today, and I hope it'll work.... T___T I'm starting to lose hope though *sob*

well i tried the 100% natural aloe vera gel, still am, and it doesn't seem to moisturize me at all, unless a plop a lot of it on but then i think it dries over my skin. no idea no idea. i think i'm going to try the Kiss My Face moisturizers