Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest tired of this shish

Mirrors

Guest tired of this shish

Yes, I'm obsessed with mirrors. And yes, I have tried to stay away from them and, yes I have felt the positives when I don't keep looking into them (confidence is back, I act normal, I forget about my acne). But I'm back at looking at them again because I am that obsessed--feeling the positives won't keep me from wanting that momentum again, so I keep looking into mirrors.

When I don't have a mirror, for example now: I am sitting at my school's computer. No shiny reflective surfaces around so I closed my browser window and opened up Microsoft Paint, colored the background full black and made myself an instant mirror against the screen.

What other obsessive things do you peeps do to find a mirror?

I do the opposite when I dont look in a mirror I just forget about my acne..

At home got a couple of mirrors which dont show my acne TOO badly I just use them all the time

Then thers the mirror which just makes my acne look SO bad I check that one once a week also, when I feel im clearing up to check it properly, usually I just look and realise its nowhere near 'clear' and get depressed for a couple of hours... thats about it tho I HATE mirrors!!

lol funny you should bring this up. I work as a computer games tester and always use the back of cd's as a mirror :doh:

I do the opposite when I dont look in a mirror I just forget about my acne..

At home got a couple of mirrors which dont show my acne TOO badly I just use them all the time

Then thers the mirror which just makes my acne look SO bad I check that one once a week also, when I feel im clearing up to check it properly, usually I just look and realise its nowhere near 'clear' and get depressed for a couple of hours... thats about it tho I HATE mirrors!!

i have the same thing, i just cant stay away from mirrors the check the 'acne-status', which is usually accompanied with some picking...

Now i dont have a mirror in my bedroom anymore, which helps a lot, only problem is i do tend to go to the bathroom mirror frequently :confused:.

Few weeks ago i discovered that i can use the back of my iPod as a mirror, aaarrgggg i hate it.

Lol I am the same way .. I'll try to find some reflective surface if I dont have a mirror around.. or else I'll just always go to the bathroom or look in my pocket mirror. Im definantly not as bad with looking in the mirror as I was a couple years ago. I was 10000X more depressed about my acne and I would literally stare at my face for an hour in the mirror and cry my eyes out.. and I would look in the mirror as much as I possibly could. My mom wanted me to go to therapy because of that!.. but then, I learned that my face isn't going to change/get any clearer by looking in the mirror constantly, so I just do it a normal amount now. (Maybee a little more)

mirrors are an acne sufferers worst enemy hehe

car mirrors are the worst

followed by mirrors in rooms with fluorescent light

mirrors are an acne sufferers worst enemy hehe

car mirrors are the worst

I've always wondered why

When I look a bit "good" in my bathroom mirror I look crap in the car mirror and I'm talking just about my skin, even my hair and gosh even my eyebrows ... stupid car mirrors

Danny

Yes, I'm obsessed with mirrors. And yes, I have tried to stay away from them and, yes I have felt the positives when I don't keep looking into them (confidence is back, I act normal, I forget about my acne). But I'm back at looking at them again because I am that obsessed--feeling the positives won't keep me from wanting that momentum again, so I keep looking into mirrors.

When I don't have a mirror, for example now: I am sitting at my school's computer. No shiny reflective surfaces around so I closed my browser window and opened up Microsoft Paint, colored the background full black and made myself an instant mirror against the screen.

What other obsessive things do you peeps do to find a mirror?

Obsessions are caused by what you can't do, what you know you shold avoid, by prohibitions and restrictions.

It's a bit like food. You start to really obsesse with food? When you're on a diet that teels you that you will never be able to eat something again. Never says never, worst word possible ... you may have not thought about that particular food for years but if you know you won't be allowed to have it never in your whole life that will be the only thing you will think of. If someone approches a diet saying <okay, as a rule I shouldn't eat it, but if I crave for it I will eat it because what's the point of starving psychologically> then you will never crave that food and won't feel the need to eat it

If someone says you can't do something you become obsessed with doing it

If you tell yourself that you shouldn't kill your confidence by looking at the mirror when your skin is particularly bad you won't resist and will obsess with finding a way to mirror yourself

It works the best with arguments. It's because you know you should ignore that person and his provocative remarks and it's because you know you should restrain yourself from reacting and starting a fight ... that you want nothing but reacting and starting a big bad flame

I also crave blackberries in june and I'm not interested about them when they're in season at october, I just want them when I know I can't have them

Danny

yeah i hate mirrors...and skin...i just wish there was no such thing as acne..the world would be alot easier...but i guess everything is not suppose to be easy and alot of other people in the world have worse problems than me but it still sucks. Any way back to mirrors...i am sooo picky about which mirrors and lighting i look in. i will only look in one mirror and that yellow type of lighting..whatever its called. And the other bad thing is i know im a good lookin guy...i have a handsome face (not being conceited) and nice hair and eyes and all that crap...but my skin is poop...yes i said poop. I mean i dont have it THAT bad i just have those little pinkish red bumps (which are beggining to becoeme flat and smooth :razz:) on my chin and jawline but they itch and are freakin annoying.

the end

lol i have my 'good mirrors' and 'bad mirrors'. my bathroom mirror doesnt show flaws too bad so its my fave, whereas theres one in my nan's bedroom which makes me feel physically sick when i look into into. thats a BAD mirror!

my goal is to one day look into that mirror and smile :D hopefully soon dammit! lol

Ive just moved into a posh new flat... with mirrors EVERYWHERE... i cant even take them down either as theyre part of the wall... :wall:

yeah i hate mirrors...and skin...i just wish there was no such thing as acne..the world would be alot easier...but i guess everything is not suppose to be easy and alot of other people in the world have worse problems than me but it still sucks. Any way back to mirrors...i am sooo picky about which mirrors and lighting i look in. i will only look in one mirror and that yellow type of lighting..whatever its called. And the other bad thing is i know im a good lookin guy...i have a handsome face (not being conceited) and nice hair and eyes and all that crap...but my skin is poop...yes i said poop. I mean i dont have it THAT bad i just have those little pinkish red bumps (which are beggining to becoeme flat and smooth :razz:) on my chin and jawline but they itch and are freakin annoying.

the end

I had a bad mirror in our hotel room when me and my family we're on vacation. One of those mirrors that shows every single flaw on your skin. It was under crappy lighting to boot. Suffice to say, I did not stare at my face for too long in that particular mirror as it would have completely destroyed whatever confidence I had at the moment.

As for other mirrors, I stare at anything that shows a reflection (iPod, car windows, TV that's turned off, spoons) It's ridiculous really but I can't help it.