Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clearlyobsessed

my life is ruined i need answers please help me!!!

i had very mild acne as a teenager. when i turned 18 it went away completely. about halfway through my 24th year i broke out in the worst acne of my life. I guess it would be called moderate to severe. I've bean through benzaclin, mino, klaron, and am currently on tazorac and doxy. the derm won't give me acutane because i have depression. Its alot better than it was with all the meds im on but is still not back to the way it was and i have lots of scarring. i ve heard of an onset of acne in mid twenties in woman but not in males. does it mean there is something wrong with me, why is it happening? it has ruined my whole life and wrecked me emotionaly. i lost the best job i ever had for attendance because im so self concious about it. Im at the end of my rope with it. please someone help shed some light!!!!!!

i had very mild acne as a teenager. when i turned 18 it went away completely. about halfway through my 24th year i broke out in the worst acne of my life. I guess it would be called moderate to severe. I've bean through benzaclin, mino, klaron, and am currently on tazorac and doxy. the derm won't give me acutane because i have depression. Its alot better than it was with all the meds im on but is still not back to the way it was and i have lots of scarring. i ve heard of an onset of acne in mid twenties in woman but not in males. does it mean there is something wrong with me, why is it happening? it has ruined my whole life and wrecked me emotionaly. i lost the best job i ever had for attendance because im so self concious about it. Im at the end of my rope with it. please someone help shed some light!!!!!!

Please PLEASE PLEASE, don't let acne get you down please don't become un employed because of it. Yes it may change your face btu don't let ti ruin other parts of your please. Please try and get a new job... people don't really care about your acne, they look but so what? I would definately you recommend using Differin Gel which is prescription only it may take a while to work but it's well worth it. I'd also recommend you get toy our Doc and ask for Antibiotics aswell too, cos they can clear you up, while the diffferin is working.

I can sympathize with your situation. I had very few problems with acne until about 6-7 months ago. I developed a mild acne problem that got considerably worse when I went on Differin. I ditched the differin for a new treatment plan. I'm clear except my chin now, which is still badly broken out. My skin has never looked like this before. It pushed me into a depression - I was having a hard time functioning at work, and was starting to become afraid of losing my job. I am currently on a leave of absence for a few weeks due to my depression diagnosis. I am hoping this will give me some time to reduce my anxiety and time for my new skin treatment to start working to clear me up.

Is your depression due to the acne breakouts? It seems to me that a lot of people are depressed because they have acne, and if the acne clears, the depression will go away too. If your depression is mostly due to the acne problems, tell your derm this. Maybe he/she will reconsider accutane. You might also say that you are willing to see a counselor for the depression while you are being treated with the accutane.

The more you think about it, the more impact it will have on your life. If you don't care about acne, it'll go away with time. It's because you give it too much attention that it's getting worst.

If I were you I'd start working on those depression first. Being in depression is only because you accepted to. Don't accept to be depress and act against it. If for example you're depressed, you'd normally listen to sad music but this won't help, it's just doing the opposite effect. Listen to happy music, hang with happy people and everything will return to an happy state. Same with acne. You stop applying all those products, you take this time instead to enjoy your life, drink water, do sport, etc. and someday you'll be like "wow I got no more acne!"

Try Eurocin Gel. It really treated my acne when I was at the deepest low mood and low confidence about showing my face in public. Even makeup wasn't able to help me at that time.