Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Beckham5

mistake that helped my scars

I am currently on accutane and I recently was suffering from excessive peeling so I washed my face with a facial buff (from the supermarket) which seemed to be a bad idea because although it did remove the peeling skin it also really rubbed my face raw and even caused it to slightly bleed in a few places (I think this was due to me scrubbing for to long and/or to hard). Well, after that my face was in pain, red, and had few scabs on it for the next few days, but once it healed I could see that my scars were much more even with the rest of my skin and they really look a lot better. My scars before I did this were more on the moderate side and visible in most lights, but after doing this my scars are virtually impossible to see except in the harshest lights, and even then they look better than previously. Although I don't think I will try this again anytime soon because of the pain and redness that was temporarily caused, I am very happy with the results that came through a mistake.

Hmmm peeling and scabbing sounds very similar to hunter's experiences with tazorac. Watch out for the lynch mob who might ask you for pictures and ridicule you later for posting them. :P

Seriously I can see what you are describing. I take it you are still fairly young and can heal well. Do be careful cause your healing is impeded on accutane.

Guest tired of this shish

What a lucky shot Beckham! lol....

If what I have done in the past purposefully has done nothing, mabey if I "mistakenly" tripped my foot and landed against a pavement I'll be able to heal my scars.

Nah...I don't seem to heal well.

yeah this was certainly very lucky and I am very young (17) so I heal pretty well and fortunately this didn't ruin my skin.

Well, sorry for being a little pessimistic. But i think your scars will loom again once your skin healed.