Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ilovepancakes

Is acne.org advertising?

Guest ilovepancakes

Is it? It would be really cool to have acne.org tv commercials or something. Couldnt the site get free broadcasting time as a nonprofit organization? Tv is the best.

Guest chipmunk_spunk

In a word no.

Acne.org already has a pretty darned effective way of promoting itself though and thats Google. This is one of the first sites that comes up when you search 'acne'.

yea plus its the largest acne forum at the moment.

so if you search an acne question you usually end up getting a link to this site right at the top.

its got good coverage.

but who knows bout the future. hehe :think:

I sorta hate advertising so that's why I've never done it. I don't want to add to the noise. It makes for an interesting quandry though. I want to get the word out about the regimen to everyone. So I'm doing everything I can without advertising first.

Would a Myspace group help you get your regimen out?

lol myspace is for emo kids?

I was thinking about advertising too for some reason.

as in the advertising of acne.org ?

I dont know about you guys, but whenI see acne ads on telly, it loses it's credibility for me. I mean, just look at all the clearasil, oxy, freederm etc adverts over in the uk. Can you honestly say that you take those ads seriously?

I dont know about you guys, but whenI see acne ads on telly, it loses it's credibility for me. I mean, just look at all the clearasil, oxy, freederm etc adverts over in the uk. Can you honestly say that you take those ads seriously?

yea bloody good point actually

all acne ads make me think its all about the money rather than the product.

Guest chipmunk_spunk

Sure, they have less credibility in your eyes but not most people. Television advertising is the best way to reach potential customers, regardless of this and if Dan believes that this product can help people then the more people using it the better.

But lets be realistic. A TV advertsing campaign costs millions. Seriously. It is ridiculously expensive and unrealsitic for a business operating on this scale. There are pleny of effective below the line forms of promotion which are far cheaper but still effective, which Dan could consider.

e.g. sending out mail or e-mail shots to people.

This site is growing as a result of word of mouth promotion as well anyway and google is doing a very good job.

Also, don't forget that Dan's suppliers may not be able to cope with huge increases in demand for the products and predicting the demand would be very difficult if a large scale promotional campaign was undertaken.

That would carry a heavy risk of going wrong and is a risk that Dan doesn't need to take.

Slowly is the best way in this case. :)

Myspace is not for emo kids. In fact, myspace is growing larger each day and has become a strong venue to promote whatever product or band you are trying to promote. Many restaurants have myspace pages like Jack in the Box, Chilis, Mcdonalds and so on. Bands use it as a way to get the word out about their music.

If acne.org creates a group there, it is just another way that Dan could get his CSR word out to the audience which will listen to it the most, teenagers and young adults.

Guest chipmunk_spunk

Yeah because if the word gets out too fast, he's in danger.

Having to turn down customers isn't a great way to do business as a rule. :)

Anyway I don't like that sarcastic tone misses.

Sort it out.

And try venturing outside at some point today. It will do you good.

Sort it out.

awwwwww meanie!

:lol:

Myspace is not for emo kids. In fact, myspace is growing larger each day and has become a strong venue to promote whatever product or band you are trying to promote. Many restaurants have myspace pages like Jack in the Box, Chilis, Mcdonalds and so on. Bands use it as a way to get the word out about their music.

If acne.org creates a group there, it is just another way that Dan could get his CSR word out to the audience which will listen to it the most, teenagers and young adults.

Someone understands where I was coming from :wub:

then it would be like those stupid annoying "add this friend"

That is some band

an therefore this forum wud get inundated with kids who dont have acne, causing trouble because acne.org spammed their mailbox or whatever.

its best people find the site wen they are looking for a site to do with acne

not have an acne site thrust upon them in the hope that person will benefit from it

true, you've got a point there :think:

hehe i liked your myspace idea tho

but not many members have in their profile

"i have acne"

so u wud have2 advertise to every1 if u kno what i mean

hehehe

Sort it out.

^ rofl :lol: !!

err... :shifty: ---> :naughty:

Well........ google is advertising the whole internet is advertising.

The internet is the biggest resource of information in the world...... and what it is advertising??? Its information to let us know about something.

I go on Myspace and so do a lot of kids I know. lol.

No, not exactly. I think that it is good that acne.org comes up as one of the first though.

then it would be like those stupid annoying "add this friend"

That is some band

an therefore this forum wud get inundated with kids who dont have acne, causing trouble because acne.org spammed their mailbox or whatever.

its best people find the site wen they are looking for a site to do with acne

not have an acne site thrust upon them in the hope that person will benefit from it

The fact is, the majority of people on this site probably have a myspace profile. You would be surprised at all the groups you can find on myspace.

You wouldn't add anyone. People who are looking for groups about acne would simply search for it and acne.org could come up. Example:

http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac...F0D54A7DB607000

There are already a few proactiv groups and people are in them:

http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac...15EF5974E673407

The point is, it is free and it would be just another way that people can find acne.org. It has nothing to do about spamming people. They would just find the group the way they can find this site by searching on yahoo or google. Nothing beats free advertising such as myspace.

i think if someone wanted to find acne help, they would search google first......

and then they would find this forum.

i doubt they would search a website designed to post your picutres of yourself on and see how many friends you can have by the end.