Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lucy mum

Retin-A

Retin-A might have been a formidable cream against scars and acne but it doesn't work for me.

IN fact, it has an adverse effect, in that it causd a tremendous degree of breakout, an unprecedented breakout which left its scar marks on my face and has been there for nearly a year.

Are there people out there whose acne have been severely affected by Retin-A?

For me, BP is still the best - the initial outbreak is reasonable

It makes me so upset to hear about people that try certain treatments only to have it worsen their condition. That's why I'm so cautious about doing anything because it will either help or hurt you. I don't trust retinol creams. They seem like they are so harsh on the skin. Benzoyl often irritates my skin, so I can't imagine what a strong retinol topical would do. I don't have cystic acne, but I have mild -to- moderate acne which has left a few scars that I don't really care for. I feel your pain. While I'm willing to try anything, I'm really afraid of collaborating with a dermatologist... they can be butchers and make it worse. Most of them care more about the money than they do about what's best for the patient.

Guest tired of this shish

Retin-A might have been a formidable cream against scars and acne but it doesn't work for me.

IN fact, it has an adverse effect, in that it causd a tremendous degree of breakout, an unprecedented breakout which left its scar marks on my face and has been there for nearly a year.

What strength did you use?

That is exactly the reaction I had when using Retin-A micro. It ruined my skin. I kept asking my derm if it was normal for my skin to break out SO badly while using it. He said I was 'purging' but it never ended. A different derm I went to said that a small percentage of people have bad reactions to Retin-A.

I know it has really helped some people though so I can't condemn it. I just wish I had stopped using it before I scarred.

Guest tired of this shish

Hmm...Retinoids have been a godsent for me. I'm trying to use it to help my scarring a bit, but I think it might have reached its limit for me. I've been using them for a long time.

Retinoids works fine but you have to be careful cause they can make the skin too dry, so your body will react with an emormous amount of oil.

Just keep levels at minimum (2 times at weeks) and it will be effective with less % of sides

im using .1% and i just started out... my face is peeling every 2 days but i love it.. my face is so soft and im not breaking out. the peeling will help the redness go away fast and the scars can rebuild.

Sorry I have forgotten the strength :wacko:

Sorry I have forgotten the strength :wacko: