Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AllyKat

Apparently acne removes your 'HOT' label

Ok so last night I was hanging out with my friends and some people I didn't really know, and we were talking about people and the topic came to this guy that has always been really attractive to me so I went 'Oh god he is sooo hot' and then this kid goes goes 'Not anymore he isn't, he broke out really badly, it hit him like a ton of bricks, hes ugly now' and I was like 'So is that what you think of me or anyone who breaks out? automatically ugly? Fuck you. The good features are still under all those pimples, and one day theyll clear up, as opposed to most of you people, who are always going to be unfortunate looking, clear skin or not' Then they were like trying to redeem themselves and I wouldn't hear it.

Then I looked over at my friend whos always telling me 'oh everyone gets zits they aren't going to care' when I object to going out with bad skin and go 'See, this is the shit I was talking about' (last night was one of those nights i didnt want to go anywhere because everytime i do im constantly reminded that im veiwed as ugly)

Guest Spike Rules89

There are ugly people without acne. Acne does NOT make you unattractive it just takes away a little I guess. Acne really effects confidence the most.

There are ugly people without acne. Acne does NOT make you unattractive it just takes away a little I guess. Acne really effects confidence the most.

I know, but of course thats how most people with acne(those of us with more in depth eyes that can see past bad skin) view it. Not these 'normals' with clear skin, to them its just an automatic 'ugly' not even a down grade. Just like going from like a 10 to a 1 because of acne and that pisses me off. And I know the same had to happened to me when I was being discussed when my acne first started. To go from 'prettiest girl in class' to 'the girl with bad acne' in a matter of months is just painful. Not that I labeled myself that, but back in the olden days(lol) the boys in my class did an underground voting of who was the hottest and crap, and I came out as number one so there I am feeling all confident because I was hardly popluar and didn't think that guys even noticed me...only to get slammed with acne like a month later....they probably did a re-voting after that im sure. It makes me wonder if one of the girls in that class got jealous and preformed some weird voodoo curse like the witch in snow white all pissed because she wasn't fairest of them all....lol.

Ok so last night I was hanging out with my friends and some people I didn't really know, and we were talking about people and the topic came to this guy that has always been really attractive to me so I went 'Oh god he is sooo hot' and then this kid goes goes 'Not anymore he isn't, he broke out really badly, it hit him like a ton of bricks, hes ugly now' and I was like 'So is that what you think of me or anyone who breaks out? automatically ugly? Fuck you. The good features are still under all those pimples, and one day theyll clear up, as opposed to most of you people, who are always going to be unfortunate looking, clear skin or not' Then they were like trying to redeem themselves and I wouldn't hear it.

That's what I've always thought especially looking my reflection in the mirror:

Unless the acne is sparse and you have a pimple here and there acne which is dense is very disfiguring and the problem with that kind of acne is not that you look like yourself covered with pimples, but that you don't don't look like yourself anymore and your features truly change ... a bit like happens with burning disfiguring :(

Danny

Unless the acne is sparse and you have a pimple here and there acne which is dense is very disfiguring and the problem with that kind of acne is not that you look like yourself covered with pimples, but that you don't don't look like yourself anymore and your features truly change ... a bit like happens with burning disfiguring :(

Danny

Thats true, my cheeks are usually so puffed up and swollen and painful with fields of zits or my nose has some huge cyst that makes it all lumpy and weird, I don't even look like the same person sometimes. But I know under all the weird lumps and swelling is someone pretty good looking and it hurts me that no one else sees it that way.

it will to some people (shallow people) and not to others. its pretty strange, but acne could be used as a filter to screen out the shallow people.

i think mostly its confidence, you have alot less when you think people only look at you with pity. i have started a new job 2 weeks ago and since then ive been tipped off of three different people who like me, but there aint a thing im gonna about it because my confidence is pretty low. alot of people are good looking, but to be considered 'hot' you gotta have confidence which you just dont get when you have a condition like acne.

Danny

Thats true, my cheeks are usually so puffed up and swollen and painful with fields of zits or my nose has some huge cyst that makes it all lumpy and weird, I don't even look like the same person sometimes.

Exactly! I have the same problem with my nose ... cysts ... and it looks bigger and lumpy and all red and the nose alone makes the difference between super attractive and not that cute. A small baby nose is an universal feature of beaty and sexiness ... and nothing change the appareance of the face like the nose, not by change the highest percentage of plastic surgery interventions requested for the face are for the nose

Danny

but to be considered 'hot' you gotta have confidence which you just dont get when you have a condition like acne.

Yes .. I've made this example before

My fair lady: how could one of the sexiest women ever be unattractive for almost half of the movie and suddenly become an hot gorgeous lady everyone find attractive? Okay, she can change her hair a bit but the face is always the same and the body is the same.

The answer is charisma, charm, attitude, self-confidence ... they transformed the same face from unattractive to sexiest on earth. How many movies we have seen where no kind of special effect is evident where the shy, nerdy wearing thick eyeglasses girl becomes a super hottie, just increasing her self-confidence and charisma?

Every face has the potential to be beautiful ... because it's the attitude that makes us beautiful

In face we often perceive the same actor or actress not as sexy if he or she plays a role we consider hideous, ugly or lacking in charisma.

Another example I use is the old the man in the iron mask movie. Same actor playing the role of the good innocent hero and the bastard mean brother. People can't help but find less attractive the actor while playing the role of the mean one and find it more attractive when he plays the role of the good gentle one

Also what about people who are not aestethically attractive and are not phjysically perfect ... in other words are not beautiful or sexy ... but that succeed in being beautiful because of their charisma: Meryl Streep, Kate Bates, Jodie Foster, Whoopy Goldberg, Maggie Smith ...

Danny

acne takes away your looks and thats a fact, truth is no one would look good with red lumps all over there face. I mean look at david beckham, brad pitt they are good looking guys but cover their faces in severe cystic acne and give them a swollen face how good do you think they would look seriously? Hell it doesn't even need to be severe acne moderate and mild can make you look a lot worse especially in your own eyes. I know i look ok when my skin is good so when i get up some morning and look like crap because i have a few spots i just remember how i look without acne which seems to help, its just a pain waiting for the good skin days to come back :( . Never think your ugly just because of acne becasue i can guarantee when your clear you will look 100x better

It's funny that you posted this because I have always thought that people liked people without acne more. I know that everyone has beauty inside of them. They just need some confidence, charisma, charm, and a little sprucing up to be their fullest potential.

Agreed :lol:

Acne, well its not what people want to see. I mean, Youve got a guy with acne all over his face, same face same body as the guy beside him but of course youd pick the guy without it. :P

It never makes people look better, would be lying if any of us said it did, but doesn't necessarily make someone ugly just cos they have spots. When I have the odd few days of looking really clear I don't mind looking at myself in a good way and thinkin "yeh you look alrite tonight man!" but does affect confidence if you're having bad days.

Had some twat comment in front of some people from work "ah it's the ugly c*nt from 2nd floor"... made me feel so bad and angry at the same time. :( If I weren't so pissed n stoned I would have broke his nose for being so nasty for no reason. prick.

Acne, well its not what people want to see. I mean, Youve got a guy with acne all over his face, same face same body as the guy beside him but of course youd pick the guy without it. :P

Not if the guy next to him is a arrogant bastard with lacking in any personality I wouldn't.

Not if the guy next to him is a arrogant bastard with lacking in any personality I wouldn't.

hes the same guy is what I meant. -_- :|

:clap: See if only more people had your outlook on it all, I feel like I'm in a town that has so many shallow people in it compared to when I visit other towns/cities.

Yeah. Whoever posted this, AllyKat I think - i know EXACTLY how you feel. I dont wanna sound so fucking vain 0 but i looked real damn good b4 my recent brush with acne. after i cleared up and red marks faded, i was ALMOST back to my normal self. Sure, Im still hesitant going in BRIGHT LIGHT or to stay out in the Sun with friends (who have hardly to no acne at all) but yeah. Ive been going clubbing (which in return is GREAT, but staying out late and drinking. errrr. prolly resort to more acne n tired skin lol.) but yeah, ive been hooking up with alot of girls, and have had alot of fun this summer (and it JUST started) but now, I mean, I stress over small pimples and think, "Oh god, why again? Are we gonna start over with this shit again!?" so yeah.

Acne. Pimples, Whatever. They DO infact change your "Sex Appeal" and features, especially if they are:

in between your eyes

on your nose

near your nose area (under eyes and sides teh center of your face)

under your nose

near your mouth

forehead

BUT small pimples ON your cheek, near the bottom of your jawline and "normal" places doesnt really matter you know?

Sure, if you are good looking, dress good and have a great personality the you will have a chance, ONLY, and ONLY if you arent riddled with pimples on your face, because that IS unattractive to be honest. Vanity Kills. Seriously. But when we DO have our better days I tend to be like my old self. The Jock who fucks with people. The asshole. You know? But i TRY SO FUCKING HARD not to be like that. I think im a 7 or an 8 but when I just see myself in teh mirror, red blocthey skin tone and a couple of pimples, I myself would rather stay home. But on the CONTRARY, there have been MANY instances that I go out stressing over NOTHING and pick up a girl or just have a great time. Its ALL in your head. Seriously.

Its ALL in your head. Seriously.

No this is the whole point, its NOT all in my head. Because people think in this mentality and will talk about your skin and how it makes you ugly. It's not us just being paranoid, I was delivering proof that this shit is being said all the fucking time.

I'm not talking about 'inner beauty' here people. I didn't need the personality and confidence make a person hot blather either, I'm talking strictly about looks and thats it. I don't want all this 'its because these people are shallow' but you know what? 99% of the world is fucking shallow, if they weren't acne wouldnt be an issue. We wouldn't be ridiculed or embrassed to go out in public. I'm giving you proof that people will automatically rule you as unattractive if you have acne. You could be the hottest man or girl walking the planet, you get alot of acne and BOOM, youre ugly.

alot of people are good looking, but to be considered 'hot' you gotta have confidence which you just dont get when you have a condition like acne.

NO. I should have just used the phrase 'very good looking' so people wouldnt go off on interpretations of what hot is.

Then I looked over at my friend whos always telling me 'oh everyone gets zits they aren't going to care' when I object to going out with bad skin and go 'See, this is the shit I was talking about' (last night was one of those nights i didnt want to go anywhere because everytime i do im constantly reminded that im veiwed as ugly)

You need to surround yourself with people who aren't assholes like this guy. It's good you told them that and vented it . You'd feel alot wprse if you hadn't. That's usually how I feel. So view it as a positive, on the whole. I would've been way more insulting to his personal flaws, haha but well said anyways. :cool:

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Acne is ugly, we all know it. That's why we come here to get rid of it. Granted that it doesn't define you, but it's ugly all the same.

good call man, said it in 2lines hehe!

ive kind of wondered what other people think...

is it 'easier' to look at an unattractive person, than a good looking person that doenst have good skin?

ive kind of wondered what other people think...

is it 'easier' to look at an unattractive person, than a good looking person that doenst have good skin?

i would say it is easier to look at an ugly person than a person with bad acne. Severe acne could make even the best looking peope look like crap. sorry but thats the harsh reality :doh:

I totally agree. It's hard to look at people with bad skin because I don't want them to think I'm staring by looking over at them.