Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paq12

Began CSR with 10% BP 3 days ago, excellent results

Well I'm new to this forum and think it's a great source of information. I have moderate acne, and have been able to control it with basically nothing but soap, until recently. I broke out a lot and figured I should try something. I found this site, read the CSR, and found that it probably would work well.

In the past, I tried proactiv and it worked relatively ok but it didnt work the best. Looking at the CSR, many of the same ideas are used but the main ingredient was the benzoyl peroxide. I've always tried bp but mostly just put it on my zits, didn't rub it in, and left it on at night, but I found that didn't work that well.

I would have never thought to rub it in much less all over my face. Well, I learned much from the CSR instructions so I decided to give it a try.

I started last Saturday morning using Purpose cleanser, some generic brand of 10% bp, and the neutrogena spf 15 oil free moisturizer in the morning and night.

Well, all I can say is that I was stunned by how well it has been working. It's only Tuesday morning here and my face is already almost completely clear with just a few dark spots where the pimples once were. Also, usually I develop new pimples but I haven't been. On Saturday morning my face was full of pimples and I was embarassed to leave my house.

Now I have been using the 10% vs the 2.5% that Dan recommends and have experienced a little redness and dryness. However, I think this is a minor side effect if my face becomes clear and stays clear.

I have looked for a 5% bp to maybe stop the dryness, but here in the part of the US that I live in, there are only 10% bps and the 2.5% Neutrogena. I don't want to try the Neutrogena because it's too expensive. I have been looking for the 5% bp Oxy standard lotion but no one seems to carry it. I suppose I could just buy it online but think that's a hassle.

I am slightly afraid to go all the way down to 2.5% bp since I'm having good luck with the already strong 10%. I actually only use about a half a finger of 10% all over my face so figure that makes up for the lots of 2.5% bp that the CSR recommends.

Anyways, that's been my experience in only 3 days with this modified CSR. Just a minor question though, does anyone from the US know where I could get 5% bp over the counter and not online?

I'm glad you are having early success. But I am afraid if you keep on with the 10% you will end up sorely red and dry within a week or two.

Do consider getting a lesser strength.

I'm glad you are having early success. But I am afraid if you keep on with the 10% you will end up sorely red and dry within a week or two.

Yeah... Um... Try Neutrogena on the spot.

Yes, as I wrote in the post, I didn't like Neutrogena because it's too expensive, they only give .75 oz and if I use 2.5%, I'd have to use a lot of it and they barely give enough to start.

Yes, as I wrote in the post, I didn't like Neutrogena because it's too expensive, they only give .75 oz and if I use 2.5%, I'd have to use a lot of it and they barely give enough to start.

Just get Dan's then. It's 4 ounces.

I am considering getting Dan's. I have noticed that some people on this board that use the CSR are using 5% with good results. I think my facial skin is pretty tough because the 10% doesn't really make my face that dry. I do notice a slight tinge of red though. I think I might try a 5% and see how that goes first. Although, there has been research and all showing the same efficacies, for some reason I think the stronger the better. I figure if I can use less amounts with a 5% rather than more with a 2.5%, it'll be cheaper in the long run since I won't have to buy so many bottles.

Hahah yeah..... The 2.5% are expensive!!! You can get a 2.5% cvs brand for 1 dollar cheaper then the Netrougena hahaha.

Also, there are threads around the forum that teach you how to dilute 10% to 5% by mixing mositurezer into it... It's weird but if you want, look for it and it tells you how to

Thou art crazy to use 10%. The effect of burning is horrible and the taste of such scotching sensation is horrible, do switch back to 2.5%.

5% Bp is plentiful in Singapore, fly here if you want to

Thou art crazy to use 10%. The effect of burning is horrible and the taste of such scotching sensation is horrible

No pain, no gain. I prefer to think of it as the zits burning to death.

Paq12,

I must tell you that I ordered 3 bottles of Dan's BP through the website. It was VERY EASY. I payed for DHL shipping because it ended up being only just about $2 more for MUCH faster shipping. They came quickly, directly to my door, are LARGE BOTTLES (4 oz.) and from what I hear, are made from very good ingredients (i.e. the inactive ingredients DO matter...so all BP products are different because of their other ingredients, what helps them absorb into your skin, etc.)

Also, I think the 2.5% BP is better for c o n t i n u e d use of the BP. Maybe to get rid of a pimple quickly, the 10% BP may help....but to MAINTAIN a healthy complexion, the 2.5% is the way to go. Don't get wrapped up in the "maximum strength". Even if your skin can "handle it"...you will probably be happier in the long run with the 2.5%. The 10% traumatizes your skin.

Give it a try. It's not an annoying club like Proactiv.

Well, I just bought a 5% bp gel online. I'll give that a try first and see how that goes.

I had to 'start' the regimen 3 times because my face was so sensitive, and each time it took a few days for the bp's effects to really manifest themselves. I suspect that in a day or two things will get a lot worse, but hey, if it works, goodie.

But I would switch to Dan's gel. It's cheap, plentiful, and only 2.5%.

Be patient with 2.5%. Dont try to be funny by using 10% and burn thou countenance

Well, I haven't started with 2.5%. I had to start with 10% since that was the only product available at the stores where I live. So far just, I've just had slight redness and dryness. I wish there was a 20% bp gel. I'd be all over that. :D