Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pff..

Fraxel versus Isolagen

So..what you guys think?

I dont know much about fraxel but ill post my views on isolagen if this thread gains interest

This isnt a fraxel versus isolagen post im afraid, im veering a little of the path for a sec...just been reading through a magazine I bought to read when i was waiting for my derm. 'Now' magazine in the UK. I bought it because it was a 32 page special on cosmetic surgery.

Thing is it says in it that "Isolagen is a semi-permanent filler" and "effects last up to 2 years" with a "top up required every 18 months". Then it goes on to say that Fraxel is temporary also with top ups needed.

Wth is this magazine on about??? I plan to get intouch with isolagen and ask them because their site and all information i have read/been told has indicated that isolagens effects are permanent and that after the rejuvination you skin winds down at a normal rate again. This magazine implies that the effects will not last.

:think:

This isnt a fraxel versus isolagen post im afraid, im veering a little of the path for a sec...just been reading through a magazine I bought to read when i was waiting for my derm. 'Now' magazine in the UK. I bought it because it was a 32 page special on cosmetic surgery.

Thing is it says in it that "Isolagen is a semi-permanent filler" and "effects last up to 2 years" with a "top up required every 18 months". Then it goes on to say that Fraxel is temporary also with top ups needed.

Wth is this magazine on about??? I plan to get intouch with isolagen and ask them because their site and all information i have read/been told has indicated that isolagens effects are permanent and that after the rejuvination you skin winds down at a normal rate again. This magazine implies that the effects will not last.

:think:

We touched on the permanency of Fraxel in the main Fraxel thread as well. There was an article that stated that Fraxel only lasts for 6 years and then you need touch ups. But no one was sure if they were only talking about Fraxel for wrinkles...in that case it would make sense since your skin continues to age. Maybe that is what they are talking about with the Isolagen? If you used it to fill really deep wrinkles or laugh lines that are constantly being 're-creased' by the movement of your face, then maybe the effects don't last. Or was the article you read specifically talking about treating scarring?

was really geered toward rejuvination not scarring, but still saying it only lasts 18months or so (will need to re-read it) then you need top ups..i hadnt heard of this before.

that article on fraxel was about old people and wrinkles. the doctor specifically said that "after about 6 years we see patients coming back in for the same problem." Ah duh, if you're a 65 year old with wrinkles who sits in the florida sun then you'll be right back in the office in no time.

if you take care of your skin then fraxel is permanent and only subject to the normal things that happen with aging of the skin. like wrinkles. flab. sun spots. moles.

No matter what you do your skin, even if you have a face lift, you will continue to age at a normal rate. If you have acne scarring or enlarged pores, as you age and your skin starts to sag a little, the pores and scars become enlongated and more noticeable. Sorry folks but that is life.

Whatever method you use to improve your skin - not many will get 100% cure. The scars and pores that you are left with will continue to age normally.

So after six years yes, you will probably be seeking more treatment. But who cares, live for the moment and the best skin you can have right now. In six years there will no doubt be better treatments, fraxel might be a thing of the past, or it be light years ahead of where it is now. As the market and competition grows, costs will come down.

Live for the best skin you can have right now.

Peach Pie