Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I have been prescribed Isotrex Gel today by my GP. It says on the box:

Isotrxin 0.05% + 2.00% Gel, apply thinly twice daily.

Is this a retin-a gel, won't it make my face too sore if I apply it twice a day?

Also can I use it with a face wash containing salyicic acid, do I need to wear a sunscreen and if so can any one recommend products to use?

Can I use it on the blackheads on my nose?

Do you think this is worth a try, at the moment I am trying to manage on a combination of bp and dianette but still get huge cystic lumps, white heads ect.

I hate always going out with a flaky/shiny face!! :cry:

Thanks!

hey :)

got the same stuff prescribed less than a week ago, seems to be working :cool:

well the first few days i applied it twice daily, no moisturiser and used a face wash containing salicylic acid. i went bright red and my skin began to peel, any products i used, face wash, soap etc, burned like %*&$

i've found that putting on a pile of moisturiser then about 20 mins later applying the isotrex gel works pretty well. it seems to be helping m so far, hope you have similar results :)

hey :)

got the same stuff prescribed less than a week ago, seems to be working :cool:

well the first few days i applied it twice daily, no moisturiser and used a face wash containing salicylic acid. i went bright red and my skin began to peel, any products i used, face wash, soap etc, burned like %*&$

i've found that putting on a pile of moisturiser then about 20 mins later applying the isotrex gel works pretty well. it seems to be helping m so far, hope you have similar results :)

Thanks! Have posted on another board and had very negative reply so this balances it out! Think I will start tonight and use in place of bp, by the way what moisturiser are you using?

the Cetaphil with spf 15 recommended on the CSR.

if you've posted on the right board and you actualy have severe acne, the gel will even you out and reduce the amount of new crap busting out. whenever you run out you can get another tube from the chemist, no need to wait a month. good luck with it :)

the Cetaphil with spf 15 recommended on the CSR.

if you've posted on the right board and you actualy have severe acne, the gel will even you out and reduce the amount of new crap busting out. whenever you run out you can get another tube from the chemist, no need to wait a month. good luck with it :)

Thanks again!

Hey I also used Isotrex Gel before but with a different generic name: isotretinoin, much like topical version of accutane.. It brought tremendous improvement on my face for 3 months... basically I was almost 95% clear until I stopped using it for it made my face look bloated and some side effects comparable to accutane... my face breaked out unimaginably ..nevertheless i still recommend it: just be diligent with your prescription :D:):D