Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tikvica

Glycolic/Lactic Acid Peels - how to do them

my red marks have reduced alot, none have actually disappreared but they are more skin coloured/fading :) so there like a medium pink colour rather than a deep red colour :)

i would say they have reduced 50% in colour

yup, I could see my redmarks have turned brown in pigmentation. the next step is probably having them disappear altogether, but we all know the only remedy for that is time and patience!

definately :)

oh shit

i just wash off my glycolic acid with just water...is that OK?

yea washingit off with water and a non medicated cleanser are fine for lower percentages of acid (30%) and as long as your face doestn start burning lol

it's perfectly fine

i personally never using baking soda, or anything besides water and/or gentle facial wash

i did the second peels last night

i'll post some photos in my gallery if any peeling occurs, but i think it's not gonna happen just yet

I was wondering if I can use Dr. Denese Facial Firming Pads along with GA peels. These pads are 10% Glycolic Acid, and contain CoQ10, Vitamin C, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Amino Acid Peptides, and Vitamins E & A, in that order. It gives directions in thd back and it states:

Use at night. Cleanse and tone first. Wipe the face lightly with Firming Facial Pad once or twice. DO NOT RUB. AVOID EYE AREA AND NECK. Slight burning after application is expected. If burning is excessive, rinse face with water. Nroamlly product is left on skin overnight without rinsing. Follow with your regular serums and night cream.

Normal Skin (My skin): Start with 3 times per week and build up to daily use. May use even twice a day.

I think I will use these as a toner every other day outside the 24-hr gap before and after each peel. I think these will do well along with my peels. I will post results. Wish me luck!

yes, judging by ingredients, the pads are good. and it will help enhance the results of ga peels.

and 24 hrs gap before and after a peel is a wise thing to do.

keep us posted!

WOW OMFG. MY SKIN IS SO NICE. I'VE BEEN NOTICING THAT MY SKIN LOOKS LIKE A BABY'S BOTTOM IN THE MORNING AFTER EACH GA PEEL THE PREVIOUS NIGHT BEFORE. I SERIOUSLY FEEL LIKE MY SKIN HAS BEEN RE-BORN AND CONCEIVED THROUGH MY MOM'S BIRTH CANAL EVERYTIME I DO THE PEEL. One question though: I haven't noticed my red marks fading as fast as I thought it would. How long should I wait until I see results in the case with a *noticeable* difference in red marks?

BTW, I'm doing my first Facial Firming Pad tonight.

you wont get noticable improvments until about the 6th peel, though dont give up as it is really worth it.

i found that a weekly GA peel is more effective at keeping acne at bay than BP 2 times a day.

mainly as the upper skin layers are getting exfoliated so acne cant develop on the skin. i have found that acne doesnt reappear on the skin for up to 12 days after a peel (it was a test i done to see how long 1 peel kept acne away for)

it seemed the 12th day was when the skin became normal and didnt shed no more. but since then iv been doing GA every week (4-7days apart) and my face is looking good.

just need to control oil issues now :(

stick with the GA :)

WOW OMFG. MY SKIN IS SO NICE. I'VE BEEN NOTICING THAT MY SKIN LOOKS LIKE A BABY'S BOTTOM IN THE MORNING AFTER EACH GA PEEL THE PREVIOUS NIGHT BEFORE. I SERIOUSLY FEEL LIKE MY SKIN HAS BEEN RE-BORN AND CONCEIVED THROUGH MY MOM'S BIRTH CANAL EVERYTIME I DO THE PEEL. One question though: I haven't noticed my red marks fading as fast as I thought it would. How long should I wait until I see results in the case with a *noticeable* difference in red marks?

BTW, I'm doing my first Facial Firming Pad tonight.

I am happy (and envy) that your skin is RE-BORN!!

When are you doing your peels, bro? I hear you talking about doing it for the first time, but never seen you post results yet. Have you started?

When are you doing your peels, bro? I hear you talking about doing it for the first time, but never seen you post results yet. Have you started?

You remember that.

Yes. Soon.

My purchased 30% GA still hasn't arrived. Waiting..........

You remember that.

Yes. Soon.

Trust me. You will certainly not regret it. A new life awaits you.

You remember that.

Yes. Soon.

Trust me. You will certainly not regret it. A new life awaits you.

I trust most of you.

I just don't want any redmarks on my face.

can i use bp in between peels? in other words can i follow this schedule:

Mon: bp morning nothing at night

Tues: nothing

Wed: ga peel

Thurs: nothing

Fri: bp morning and night

Sat: bp morning and night

Sun: bp morning and night

Mon: bp morning, nothing at night

etc.

can i use bp in between peels? in other words can i follow this schedule:

Thurs: nothing

etc.

i'm no tikvita or so_fitting but my guess is you can. Just leave a 1-day gap between BP and GA. Honestly, you won't be needing BP after you do your first peel.

ill modify your regimen :proud: based on my assumption you do your peel at night time.

Tues: Bp morning + Night

Wed: No BP at all today + GA at night

Thurs: No BP in morning, You can apply BP at night tho :)

ill modify your regimen :proud: based on my assumption you do your peel at night time.

exactly lke that - just rememebr to leave a 24hr gap before and after the peel

awesome guys!!! thanks...im thinking of doing a spot test tonight...since i went without bp yesterday. the only thing im a little worried about is that i stopped using retin a 3 weeks ago (not the recommended 4), but im very anxious to try this.

recommended 4?

na u have to stop using Retin A a week before your first GA peel, and you cant use Retin A for the duration of GA treatment.

then once you finnished peels, u need to wait 2 weeks before applying retin A again

good luck :)

Really? only one week...im so doing my spot treatment at half time of this game im watching:) thanks for the info...i had read somewhere to wait a month. but if some sources say 1 week, then 3 weeks should be plenty!

ok, i did a spot test...couldnt wait anymore! first of all, i am using 40% glycolic acid because that is what was easiest to get my hands on. i applied it and it started to tingle at 1 min and by 1.5 mins i was washing it off because i couldnt bear it. my skin felt really soft after i removed it and i applied cetaphil moisturizing lotion. i was wondering, would it be okay to use emu oil after i wash off the peel? i usually use emu oil as a moisturizer and i love it, but i dont know if it is a bad idea to use it in this situation.

longshot, your fine to use emu oil afterwards, as its a natural oil :)

beany, i saw improvements from 3rd peel, but i saw really really noticeable improvements on 6th peel compared to what my face looked like at 3rd peel :)

the first/2nd peels dont peel that well as your skin is being accustomed to GA, then after that you have good results :)

i just wanted to update everyone that i did my first peel this afternoon and my skin is SUPER soft. i didnt have an adverse reaction or anything. no fading of my redmarks so far, but thats expected.

well tommorow im doing my first peel, but i have more brown spots than red. No active acne just uneven skin tone, hopefully by the 5th peel my skin tone will even out. Anyone know if this is good for brown spots instead of red??