Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tikvica

Glycolic/Lactic Acid Peels - how to do them

well you see the thing is I don't have much active acne anymore, maybe a pimple a week or so I'm just trying to get rid of the red marks...I hear the Aqua Glycolic is good at removing red marks so im interested in using that. You think I can use Aqua in the morning, moisturize while using Differin every other day at night?

Thanks for your help Wynne

Differin will help with the red marks over time, and you should use it as prescribed so you attain maximum benefit from it.

Glycolic in 'toner' strength is excellent at minimizing red marks. So, it likely would not hurt to use the Aqua Glycolic toner in the morning occasionally but to continue using the Differin. Be aware that since you're not long into the Differin, you may experience an initial breakout. Please be absolutely sure to wear a sunscreen!

I am thinking of trying the at-home GA peel and have some questions. I have had two peels done by an aesthetician in the past 9 months, and these were the types where I could not wash my face for 3 or 4 days and my skin would flake/peel off. I have pretty oily skin, so I would sometimes still be flaking/peeling until the 7th day or so. I am not sure what type of acid they used, I guess I didn't bother to ask.

Can anyone tell me if I should expect similar results with the at home GA peels, over several weeks of treatments? I figure maybe they do not go as deep into the skin as a professional peel at a salon, but they might eventually give the same results with many repeated treatments?

The GA peel sounds great and convenient, and would definitely save me some $ and inconvenience of the week down time. I am mainly concerned with fading marks, but also helping to keep new breakouts at bay. I also just started using samples of the MaMa lotion, using it every other night. I assume I should stop that for a good week before trying the GA?

Thanks!

I did my first 30% peel today and I got a few q's and observations...

First of all, some people are recommending GA toners/lotions. But isn't that a little GA overkill in conjunction with a GA cleanser and peels? And is a toner the same thing as a lotion?

When I put the peel on my left cheek, it kinda stung right from the beginning, which is weird bc my right cheek is the worst. Anywhoo, the peel started to sting everywhere around 2 or 3 mins it, but it wasn't major or anything. It's only been a few hours, but I'm not red, so I don't mind. Do I really have to avoid the sun for 24 hours though? This thread says only 1 hour and use sunscreen after, but another website says 24 hours. Seems kinda drastic, and I dunno how I'd be able to use it during the school year then...I obviously have to go outside to eat, go to class, go to work, etc...

I was glad that it was just a clear solution, so I'll probably be able to use it right in my dorm room and then camp out in the bathroom until time's up. I was worried it was going to be a white cream or something, in which case, being a dude, I'd want some privacy...

Anyone used the Pure Deming one to success? I was suspicious at first bc it was so cheap, but that's because it's tiny!

Anywhoo, I guess I'll update here on how it goes...

1) If i have acne (be it a big pimple, little pimple), can I still do the Acid Peels?

2) What are the possible side effects?

3) How many treatments does it usually take to see improvements?

4) If peel clears my red marks, do i have to continue usage or can i stop ?

5)Does this apply for red and brown marks?

6) From what i think, I have this red marks for about 1 3/4 years now, is the peel for me?

7) I have facial redness also, still for me?(not rosacea) and will it help the redness?

I know on the front page it says that aloe vera is good for moisturizing but it kinda stings....should i use it after lactic peel?

I did two peels with glycolic acid. One yesterday and one tonight. I'm done for the next week I think.

I woke up today and the spots look a little better actually so I'll see how it goes tonight. I have very little active acne really. Just maybe three of four active zits, the rest are red marks. I just want to get rid of the red marks because my face would look a lot better then.

One quick question: is it allright if i was my face with the Aqua Glycolic cleanser before I do my peel? (I got the 30% glycolic peel from pure deming)

Also, anyone who has ordered from pure deming, how long does it usually take for it to arrive? I live in Jersey, by the way =)

thank you so much!

1) If i have acne (be it a big pimple, little pimple), can I still do the Acid Peels? It's better to wait until you have very few or NO acne.

2) What are the possible side effects? Read the websites, do a search.

3) How many treatments does it usually take to see improvements? Many.

4) If peel clears my red marks, do i have to continue usage or can i stop ? You can stop until/if you develop new red marks if you break out again.

5)Does this apply for red and brown marks? Yep.

6) From what i think, I have this red marks for about 1 3/4 years now, is the peel for me? It might work, contact various companies and ask them about their products.

7) I have facial redness also, still for me?(not rosacea) and will it help the redness? NO. NOT a good idea to do a peel if you have any redness.

One quick question: is it allright if i was my face with the Aqua Glycolic cleanser before I do my peel? (I got the 30% glycolic peel from pure deming...

To avoid irritation it would be safer to cleanse with a sensitive skin cleanser. ;)

I did two peels with glycolic acid. One yesterday and one tonight. I'm done for the next week I think.

I woke up today and the spots look a little better actually so I'll see how it goes tonight. I have very little active acne really. Just maybe three of four active zits, the rest are red marks. I just want to get rid of the red marks because my face would look a lot better then.

Congratulations! :) I would not do them so close together. You risk irritating your skin; two days in a row? ouch.

I know on the front page it says that aloe vera is good for moisturizing but it kinda stings....should i use it after lactic peel?

If it stings I wouldn't use it. Aloe can be drying and irritating for some people. A light coating of Vaseline (petrolatum jelly) would be a more neutral alternative; or your regular moisturizer.

I did my first 30% peel today and I got a few q's and observations...

First of all, some people are recommending GA toners/lotions. But isn't that a little GA overkill in conjunction with a GA cleanser and peels? One SHOULD use a glycolic toner for at least two weeks before a peel to even out the stratum corneum. And is a toner the same thing as a lotion? Toner is usually clear liquid. Lotion is slightly more creamy.

When I put the peel on my left cheek, it kinda stung right from the beginning, which is weird bc my right cheek is the worst. Anywhoo, the peel started to sting everywhere around 2 or 3 mins it, but it wasn't major or anything. It's only been a few hours, but I'm not red, so I don't mind. Do I really have to avoid the sun for 24 hours though? YES. And sunscreen thereafter for MONTHS. This thread says only 1 hour and use sunscreen after, but another website says 24 hours. Seems kinda drastic, and I dunno how I'd be able to use it during the school year then...I obviously have to go outside to eat, go to class, go to work, etc...

I was glad that it was just a clear solution, so I'll probably be able to use it right in my dorm room and then camp out in the bathroom until time's up. I was worried it was going to be a white cream or something, in which case, being a dude, I'd want some privacy...

Anyone used the Pure Deming one to success? I was suspicious at first bc it was so cheap, but that's because it's tiny! I haven't used that one.

Anywhoo, I guess I'll update here on how it goes...

thanks wynne!!!! =)

i got an email confirmation from puredeming today saying my order was shipped, yay! i hope it gets here soon, bc these red marks are killing meeeeeeeeee

I'm bumping this cause I have a question about a peel and I am really hoping this gets answers since a lot of my questions don't, I'm just doing some research, I'm not doing it anytime soon. But I have all redmarks, right now one or two breakouts but nothing bad. My acne has gotten better and all I have left is really bad uneven skin tone and red marks. I wanted to know if for a first time peel I should use this kind of peel or if I should consider a percentage that is smaller? http://www.theoriginalskinstore.com/Items/ga30?

Also I realize that you shouldn't use aqua glycolic cleanser while doing a peel what should I use instead?

My biggest fear is that I do this and break out worst, so has anyone broken out WORST after doing a peel or did it get better?

At what point is it okay to use other exfoliating tropicals such as AHA, SA, and retoinoids after a series of peels(rest period)? a week? 2 weeks?

May I ask a stupid question? Does the skin become thinner by using lets say a series of 30% peels at home? I'm kind of chicken to do it... :ninja: although I need it for my hyperpig from acne....

Hi,

This is the day after I applied Lactic Acid - 50%. My lower lip is literally burned. I mean, it's brown. Dark brown. Is this normal?

I can't go out because my face looked worse. It's softer, yes. But it looks worse.

Hi,

This is the day after I applied Lactic Acid - 50%. My lower lip is literally burned. I mean, it's brown. Dark brown. Is this normal?

I can't go out because my face looked worse. It's softer, yes. But it looks worse.

Not normal, I think you left the peel on for too long or you started out with too strong of a peel.

can someone please please answer me?

At what point is it okay to use other exfoliating tropicals such as AHA, SA, and retoinoids after a series of peels(rest period)? a week? 2 weeks? a month?

i just doned my second 30% ga peel lastnight ...i leaved it on the 6:30 minutes

i got a liittle of the burning feeling , and redness but everything went fine this time

nothing like my first peel , it burned my face like hell even know i only leaved it on for 5 minutes , it made my face looked like shit ...and all brown scab and like (when u cut urself ur scars dried up) that how it was like

but after 3 dayz later those scabs and flaking start falling out when i tried rub bit off for a little ... but overrall i extremely happy with the result of my 1st and 2 nd peel i see dramatic change of my skin tone ...my whole skin complextion ..but even red marks still there ..but my skin is much better and softter now ...iam deffinitely continue on the treatment to get the best result as possible ...

good luck evceryone on 30 % glycolic acid

[quote

can someone please please answer me?

At what point is it okay to use other exfoliating tropicals such as AHA, SA, and retoinoids after a series of peels(rest period)? a week? 2 weeks? a month?

Clearly answered in the initial post. Perhaps you should re-read it.

i just did my first peel... i think. i cleansed my face, waited about 10 minutes after patting it dry, then put some 30% glycolic acid onto a cotton ball. if anyone is familiar with how the house of deming sells their glycolic acid, i think i used two dropper-fuls of acid and dabbed it onto my face. i waited about 3 minutes but i felt next to nothing (very very slight sensation - could barely feel it). my face didn't get red at all, and now about 3 hours later it's pretty much back to normal. is this a sign that i need to apply more acid? or has the peeling not started yet or what?

May somebody recommend me to a good peel with a link where I can purchase it online. I have been using Neutrogena acne mark fading peel but want to use something stronger but all of these peels seem to be generic brands. Thank you!

I ordered the intense lactic peel from puredeming and i play to use it on my upper back shoulder area...does anyone know how long i should keep it on and how often i should use it... im a first time user...

Two Things. I've done a lot of reading on peels and I finally got one. In the directions it said apply alcohol on face. Now I know its not regular rubbing alcohol its a special kind, but I never read that you use alcohol before doing a peel. I don't have any, is that REALLY necessary? Because I was planning on doing my first one tomorrow night and I don't wanna wait another week for it.

And I thought you shouldn't use glycolic products the day of a peel. In the direction is said wash area with a deep cleanser, then beside it, it says "10 percent glycolic is ideal", so is using my glycolic cleaner okay?

Other wise this is my plan for my first peel:

Morning- Wash face with Dove

Night- Wash face with Aqua Glycolic Facial Cleanser

Apply peel. (since its my first time I don't want to over do it, so I'm going try for just 1 minute)

Next Day- Wash Face with Dove

Is it okay to wash my face again with my glycolic cleanser or am I suppose to wait another day for my face to calm down? and when I do the peel do I have to apply it to my ENTIRE face or can I just apply it to where I want the marks to go away?

BTW I'm going to be doing 30 percent.

Id definately wait another day before I use the glycolic cleanser. Just use your Dove cleanser during the day of the peel.

Hi,

Hi,

I am new here, I bought a lactic acid peel from amazon, i am afraid to use it, but i read the instruction, and it said to avoid a quarter of an inch area from around your eyes and lips. So, did you apply on lips?

Another questions to anyone who knows, someone said not to use peel in summer, its summer, and quiet hot, even though i go out only in weekends now. So, should I experiment with this peel or should i keep it in shelf until winter is here, or atleast until september is here?

thanks a lot. i read many posts here, and i learned a lot, the instructions i received didnt say anything about avoiding retinoid, that was good to know, as i have a loreal night revita cream, which has pro retinoid. anyway, thanks guys.