Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I start today!! 40mg for the first month......

Got the pills.... i'm gonna take my first dose tonite!

indeed..... good luck to us all :D

Hey RaKku..3 times??? what happened? Did you clear at all?

I'm starting my 4th on Monday.

Hey, can I be in the "July" group? :pray:

Yah, this is my 3rd time. I started it 2nd year in college with 60mg for about 5 months. A year later my face broke out again and so I went on it with 40mg for about 6 months. Now after graduating I'm starting it a 3rd time with 60mg. In between time my derm gave me just about every med you can think of. I was really hesitant in going 3rd time though. Don't get me wrong, accutane really worked wonders for me (i consider it the nuke of all acne), but i still get the breakouts and nothing seems to stop it.

I hope the 3rd time is the charm and this works. :pray: man I can't IMAGINE taking accutane of the 4th time.... i hope i break some kind of Guiness record :rolleyes:

and everyone make sure to buy Aquaphor for those chapped lips! Works wonders! :dance:

I'm starting in July. Got my blood test done today at my first derm appointment. Just need to go on the pill now.. I'm scared, but relieved!

:evil: I know

My old derm saw me and heard what my new derm had me on and signed me up for ipedge asap ..

If it wasn't for ipledge i could already be almost finished with my first month...And maybe over my initial breakout :(

Oh well....At least there's something out there that will work!!!!

Everytime I feel down I look at the accutane gallery..We'll all have pretty, clear skin like that in a few short months!!!! ;)

don't look,

It really depends on where you're from and your gender

If you're a female in the US it takes about a month...

I'm a male in the US so hope its quick. Actually the derm just called me today and said the original date of the 5th they had set, they had set me up during lunch so now I have to wait til the 12th. Damn it I guess I can wait a little longer.

how's everyone going?

I'm in week 4 (wow...I only just realised that...went quickly!) and the dryness is kicking in big time...I'm using a moisturiser call dermaveen, but I'm thinking I need something a little more heavy duty! And for everyone who's just starting, I don't think the initial breakout is that bad - sure...my skin got a little worse, but haven't we all been dealing with bad skin forever?

anyway...anyone discovering any helpful tips along the way?

-chapped lips is going to be a HUGE side effect (i had skin literally peel off my lips every day) so i suggest getting aquaphor ASAP. i was stupid before and got those little chapsticks you find in counters and was miserable for months because it didn't help. however, as a guy, it would get kinda glossy so i wasn't all to happy about it...but it was still worth if it prevented skin from peeling off every second :evil:

-i had times where my nose was really dry and it would result in some nose bleed. so you can put some moisturizer on it to help keep it from getting too dry.

-if you wear contacts, make sure to keep some tear drops handy. your eyes get red if you don't keep it nice and lubricated

-your hair might thin out. i'm not family with girl hair products (with all those shampoos, conditioners, etc.. it boggles the mind :wacko: ), but for guys i don't think you can really do anything about it except to just keep it clean ;)

i'm also thinking of eating vitamin C 500mg everyday...not sure if that would help my skin regen or anything...

Hey people! I am starting either today or tommorrow. I just recieved my Rx today, and my bloodwork came back fine. :pray: All I am waiting for is the call from the doctor on the ok.

Best of luck to every one!

P.S. Some1 should start a thread for just people that started Accutane in July. Well at least a

new 1 anyway!

After a few stressful days of dropping off the prescription and the pharmacy telling me "we can't fill it without a Prior Authorization from you insurance" I was stressed, knowing that I only had 7 days to fill and if I didn't get the authorization in time I would have to wait a month. Just got the call today and I will pick up tomorrow and take my first pill.

I am quite nervous. Having read all the posts of what to expect from mild to severe side affects I'm even more nervous. I am so glad to have found this forum and glad to know that I am not the only one out there that suffers.

I have no idea what to expect the bill to be when I go pick up my prescription. I will be taking Claravis

i was just wondering if anyone was starting in july that wanted a buddy to talk to about their accutane experince???

Started 'tane last month, just went to the derm 3 days ago for the monthly checkup.

btw, people, if you're worried about initial breakouts (and I had a pretty severe one already >_<) talk to your derm about getting some non-irritating topical antibiotic lotion/cream. I just got mine 3 days ago, and it seems to be working really well. Some derms also has samples, so you might get it for free ;)

PM me if you need a ranting buddy :)