Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
katie10

Drinking AFTER accutane

I am getting off a course of 5 month accutane where I took 80 mg/ day..i was wondering if i can start drinking like i used to right after i go off or how long i need to wait?

hey...ive been on 80mg a day for 179 days and drank 2 times...each time woke up a week later with a cyst, so i dont know if its linked or what. wierd. this post didnt even answer your question at all lol sorry !

I've got no idea but if you find out, let me know too please! I've been on 60mg for 4 months and finish in a couple of days. I want to get to the pub watch the World Cup.

I've been on it for a couple of weeks and have gotten hammered a few times. I have'nt noticed anything different.

Isn't the whole problem surrounding drinking on Accutane to do with the fact that Accutane can seriously mess with your kidneys and liver? Hence the alcohol can really f*ck your system up

A few beers isn't worth permanent kidney/liver damage, which is what you're risking getting wasted on Accutane :|

I know your liver has to work harder, but i'm not sure you can get permanent liver damage? I really can not stop socially drinking it is as simple as that, there's no chance i'll be sipping on water when I go out.

hey you know im on accutane and i drink maybe 2 times a wek with no effect, i dont drink alot though, maybe 3-4 pints. I drank on my first course but much less and only towards the end, but i used to get pretty pissed. After i quit first time i drank straight away and all was good, they say tane leaves your system in like 2 days????

Im in my 2 month now, and i have been drinking socially. Have 4 beers or so.. Nothing has happened to me. I feel great, no difference. My skin is clearing and my doc said 2 or 3 glasses of wine is ok. Ans one glass of wine = 2 beers or something like that.. I honnestly dont think that its a prob, while ur on or off accutane, for one to drink. Just dont over indulge profusely, or in consecutive days.

Julian