Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Healtysceptic

Needling scarred pores: Does it work?

Hi. I have had a big success needling the few acne scars I have. These scars are boxcar types, or craters I guess. Anyway, head on they never looked bad. But when I held a mirror and let indirect light, or shadows fall on them from an angle, they used to look like deep indentations. Now, after a few needling sessions, they have been reduced significantly. To the point where it is hard to notice any indentation even in the most harsh light, shadow, or angle. I'm really surprised and overjoyed at the results form needling. Especially since I have been plagued by these scars for over twenty years and have had every procedure known to man performed on them in the past with basically no results.

I also have a few scarred pores which create a wierd type design on my face. You know, a few here and there, connected to the the lapidal folds, which create a minor roadmap look. Anyway, does anyone know, or has anyone successfully needled scarred pores? Thanks in advance for your replies.James

I was wondering this too. After my wedding I am going to try, so I can't do anything until mid July. I can't wait. I am so sick of this. Honestly, I would think that needling would work for scarred pores. I'm so happy to hear it has worked for your boxcar scars. How long was your downtime when you needled James? Did you have a lot of scars that you needled? Thanks for your help!

Hi James,

I am very happy to hear that needeling has worked for your scars! That is very encouraging for me. I have had some scars for the last 20 years that have tormented me off an on. It's not fun.

I hope it works on scared pores.

I'm wondering if a person who suffers from rosacea/inflammation can have needeling done for scars?

Did you get the needeling done by a doctor? If so, what kind?

Peace.

James, CONGRATULATIONS! Being that your screen name is apropos to your personality and perspective, I believe that when you see positive results, there REALLY is improvement! I just have one question after reading the needling thread you suggested: there is some discrepancy about how many times & at what angles to needle the scars. Could you describe YOUR technique very briefly (e.g. did you "jack hammer" dozens of times at different angles, including the borders (a la Gumby) or just go straight in with the needle 5 or 6 times like many others?) That, I think, is the only point in the thread on which I couldn't get a handle. Many thanks and, again, CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you have as stellar results with your pores!!!! :D

James, CONGRATULATIONS! Being that your screen name is apropos to your personality and perspective, I believe that when you see positive results, there REALLY is improvement! I just have one question after reading the needling thread you suggested: there is some discrepancy about how many times & at what angles to needle the scars. Could you describe YOUR technique very briefly (e.g. did you "jack hammer" dozens of times at different angles, including the borders (a la Gumby) or just go straight in with the needle 5 or 6 times like many others?) That, I think, is the only point in the thread on which I couldn't get a handle. Many thanks and, again, CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you have as stellar results with your pores!!!! :D

I'm glad you have seen results with the needling! I know you have been around and tried many things so that is great. I am interested in your style of needling too, like how many times did you hit each scar and the angles. Also what kind of aftercare did you use- copper peptides, neosporin?

Wow... so needling actually works! I too am curious about its effects on scarred pores.

One quick question: How deep do you have to go? How do you know how deep you are going?

if you have fillers in your skin, will they be affected if you have the needling done in the same areas? will the filler be destroyed, or will there be any problems? the filler i have is permanent- pmma done in mexico.

thank you

Is needeling an option for someone older like me? I hear collagan does not grow as much in 45 year olds as it does in younger people.

I would hope it still is an option for us old timers.

Hi, I'm also interested in this for scarred pores. If successful how long will the benefits last? Are the effects just edma? and is this something that would have to be repeated many times a year? Sorry alot of questions.

Cheers

Kevin

The pain I felt was minimal at best. Perhaps the slightest of stings. Afterall, you are poking a needle into you skin.

I hope the results last. I don't see why they would not. I am not sanding them down ( dermabrasion & Laser) or filling them up ( Fillers of all types). Needling promotes collagen growth. Should stay I guess.

But even if you needed a touchup a couple of time a year, so what? The downtime is so short you can do it on a free weekend and go back to work Monday with only a slight swelling or redmarks that can easily be hidden with the most elementary make-up dab.

Just try it on one pronounced scar and see how it works. Nobody has reported that needling has actually made a scar worse. Don't be so timid. There is really no downside to trying it on one single scar.

James

Yeah, you're right. I may just try it on one of the big ones - see what happens. It's hard to tell which are scarred and which are enlarged but I suppose it doesn't really matter, right? Collagen growth is collagen growth. The more the better.

Kevin

Hi James

Are you taking any vitamins or supplements to aid collagen growth?

Thanks for posting that Sam. Needed those few positive comments before I finally do this fully.

Does anyone who has done this know if it painful and safe to needle areas which are not scarred?