Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jay242

Regimen 'no-no'

So I have been following the regimen pretty closely so far, and in only about 4 days I am already seeing some substantial results. My chin is probably the only really bad spot at the moment, and it has probably about 3 spots that are not too noticeable.

But with all this success, I have been using Dalacin (forget the actual medication name) right after I dry the skin after cleansing. I know it's frowned upon to add in extra products to the regimen, but at this point, with this much success, I'm sort of nervous to stop using the Dalacin.

What should I do?

I've never heard of that medication, so don't really know how it will effect you. But if you have been using it previously to BP then its pretty obvious that the BP is what giving you the results, then I would say it is safe to cut it out. Anything added into the regimen is likely to just hinder its effectivness or cause extra irritation :)

Guest Spike Rules89

So I have been following the regimen pretty closely so far, and in only about 4 days I am already seeing some substantial results. My chin is probably the only really bad spot at the moment, and it has probably about 3 spots that are not too noticeable.

But with all this success, I have been using Dalacin (forget the actual medication name) right after I dry the skin after cleansing. I know it's frowned upon to add in extra products to the regimen, but at this point, with this much success, I'm sort of nervous to stop using the Dalacin.

What should I do?

The regimen works best without other steps added in. You may want to talk to your Derm about you plans.

But to put it simply the Regimen > all other topical acne treatments.