Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
willow569

Willow's (Modified) Face Reality regimen

I grow paranoid if I miss a day, I'm so afraid to get a breakout. Laura said if you miss a day or something it, you might get a breakout in a month, since that's the amount of time for a pimple or something to form.

Yeah, I rarely miss a day. I will go light on my regimen the day I get a facial and also the day before and after. Otherwise, I stick to my regimen 100%.

My skin has been holding up well, even with all my traveling for work. Just got back from Santa Cruz (the mountains I drove through two days ago are currently experiencing a major forest fire - glad I wasn't out there yesterday!) and San Jose. I have a short reprieve and then fly out again Tuesday night to southern California, where I will be for three days (ick....)

Hey, quick question: Does missing a couple of applications have a major impact on anything? I'm going to an anime convention in San Jose with some friends this weekend and I'm probably only going to have a chance to apply my regimen once each day (my friend and I aren't getting a hotel room, we're just mooching showers off of people >.>).

So, where are you gonna sleep then??? :think:

In the car. If I sleep at all.

IT IS GOING TO BE AWESOME! And by that I mean completely insane. o.o

Hey, quick question: Does missing a couple of applications have a major impact on anything? I'm going to an anime convention in San Jose with some friends this weekend and I'm probably only going to have a chance to apply my regimen once each day (my friend and I aren't getting a hotel room, we're just mooching showers off of people >.>).

So, where are you gonna sleep then??? :think:

In the car. If I sleep at all.

IT IS GOING TO BE AWESOME! And by that I mean completely insane. o.o

Have fun!!! :dance:

I have been getting a lot of clogged pores and blackheads lately, no bueno.....

I am sure your next facial will take care of all that! Just got back from having dinner with Laura and Pat... had a great time!! :dance:

I seem to get more clogged pores and blackheads more than i get white heads now, the BP, glycolic acid, and vivant products arent really doing anything for them

oooo nice! Whered you guys go?

I seem to get more clogged pores and blackheads more than i get white heads now, the BP, glycolic acid, and vivant products arent really doing anything for them

oooo nice! Whered you guys go?

Well, just let them know the next time you are in - maybe there is something else they can suggest for you. Also, you haven't been using the Exfol-A too long have you? It might take a little more time for you to notice the effects from that.

We went to Citron (in the Rockridge area). Had a great time! I love hanging out with them. :)

Hey Willow!

Wow, your log really is like a hangout spot for Face Reality patients :D

Hey Willow!

Wow, your log really is like a hangout spot for Face Reality patients :D

It does seem to be the happenin' place to be!!

I am so lucky to have an aunt who is also an esthetician, she does treatments and extractions too!

By the way, midnite8, I read that you were recorded. Did you ever see the video on Face Reality's website? It's in their News & Media link.

Yeah, I kinda stumbled onto it on their website. I think they should make it easier to find.

WOW IM IN THE VIDEO, saw myself like 3 times, I show up at :35 ,3:31, and 3:50

Cool! The video came out great!! Very professional. Laura and Pat have perfect speaking voices for that sort of thing too.

Hi there! After reading your log I think I'll try Face Reality if the Differin doesn't work for me either. I'll stick it out until the end of July to get three months, but I do live in the SF area so I can go to face reality in august maybe.. but I go back to school in DC at the end of August so I'll only be able to have one or two visits at first until I come back for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Were they able to significantly improve your skin?

Hi there! After reading your log I think I'll try Face Reality if the Differin doesn't work for me either. I'll stick it out until the end of July to get three months, but I do live in the SF area so I can go to face reality in august maybe.. but I go back to school in DC at the end of August so I'll only be able to have one or two visits at first until I come back for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Were they able to significantly improve your skin?

Definitely give them a try if the Differin doesn't work for you. I had a lot of problems with Differin myself - its actually the reason I ended up going to Face Reality in the first place. The Differin gave me a bad IB that never went away.

They did majorly improve my skin. I rarely break out anymore - just the stray zit here or there, but that's pretty much how my skin was before I started breaking out more a few years ago. I can go months now without getting any inflamed spots at all. If you look at the before/after pics on their website, mine are about the 8th ones down the page. And I have seen more improvements since those "after" pics were taken.

Thought I'd give a quick skin update. My skin has been staying clear, even though I have been traveling a lot this past month for work (travel usually leads to flare ups for me) and I even stayed clear through my PMS and menstrual weeks. Yay!! I've just had a couple of clogged pores here and there, but no inflamed spots at all.

I have been getting dry though - probably due to the dry air in the planes and hotel rooms. My products sting a little bit when I apply them, which hasn't happened to me in awhile. I have cut down on applying the glycolic acid (from 2x a week to once) so my skin doesn't get too irritated. I'll bump it back to twice a week once my skin feels more hydrated and my products don't sting.

I also went on an oral antifungal in order to get this body folliculitis under control. Its not really widespread, but the topicals only give me temporary relief from it - I always seem to have at least a few spots on my chest and upper back area. I got a prescription from my derm for fluconazole - I've been taking it for four days so far (its a 2 wk course). It does seem to be helping already. I am continuing to use the topical treatments too - mandelic scrub every morning, mandelic serum every other night (a new formulation from my esthetician's line - an 8% mandelic and lactic acid blend), and propylene glycol every other morning.

Thought I'd just chime in and say that unfortunately I think missing a few applications really DID impact my skin. I've had an unusual number of clogged pores and small whiteheads over the past 2 weeks since that trip and I have a nasty cyst on my chin at the moment. Guess this is a good sign that slacking = bad, but I still say it was a worthwhile experiment. I expect that within another couple weeks of being back on a steady regimen it'll be under control again.

I've also added 2.5% acne med to my evening regimen and switched from cranberry cream to hydrating emulsion since I guess this is better tolerated with BP.

My birthday is on the 21st and I'll be hosting a pool party that weekend, so I'm thinking I'll go in for a treatment a day or two before that.

Thought I'd just chime in and say that unfortunately I think missing a few applications really DID impact my skin. I've had an unusual number of clogged pores and small whiteheads over the past 2 weeks since that trip and I have a nasty cyst on my chin at the moment. Guess this is a good sign that slacking = bad, but I still say it was a worthwhile experiment. I expect that within another couple weeks of being back on a steady regimen it'll be under control again.

I've also added 2.5% acne med to my evening regimen and switched from cranberry cream to hydrating emulsion since I guess this is better tolerated with BP.

My birthday is on the 21st and I'll be hosting a pool party that weekend, so I'm thinking I'll go in for a treatment a day or two before that.

It might have been a combo of slacking on the products, not sleeping and other travel stresses. When I travel (even road trips where I stay overnight in a hotel) I often see a slight downturn in my skin either during travel or right afterwards. I think I am more sloppy with my regimen (taking less time to let products absorb fully before applying moisturizer and makeup, not icing every day, etc.), I have less control over my diet, there are always some travel stressors, and I don't sleep as well.

My skin is still doing pretty good right now. I developed a couple of tiny, slightly red, noninflamed pimples next to my nose, but I am pretty sure they are only obvious to me and nobody else! Makeup pretty much covers them. I can definitely tell that its gonna be time for me to have a facial soon though! My next appt is Thurs of next week.

As for the folliculitis, I have one more day on the antifungal medication. It has helped a lot, but still hasn't completely gotten rid of the problem. I am still getting a few scattered spots on my chest. I'll go back to a topical treatment regimen for it after today. I've been continuing to use mandelic serum and scrub on it. I'll probably add back in propylene glycol in the a.m. and the Nizoral wash 1-2 times a week. My next idea is to try an antifungal/antiyeast sort of diet (cutting out sugars and yeast-containing foods and beverages). I am waiting until after I move at the end of the month to even start thinking about doing that though!

Hey, I'm going in Friday of next week. Just missed you. =P

Hope your facial went well!

My skin has been doing well lately - no new pimples in awhile. I did have two tiny pustules on the underside of my jawline a few weeks ago (and who is looking there, anyway - right?), but that's been about it. My skin was pretty dry the last time I went in for a facial, so I got a hydrating treatment rather than a peel.

The body folliculitis started giving me problems again though. I had a bad flareup a few weeks ago, after being almost clear. My derm suggesting trying a salicylic body wash, which helped a little, but not much. I have decided to battle the folliculitis using diet and antifungal suppliments (two different suppliments at a time, rotated every two weeks to avoid the fungus getting adapted to any of the antifungals). So, I am on a less strict version of the anticandida diet - I have reduced sugar, processed food, and alcohol in my diet. I have added a probiotic, and two antifungal suppliments - coconut oil and UGN (contains undelcylenic acid, grapefruit seed oil, and neem). I have been on this for about a week and a half, and I am already seeing a difference. Next week I will change the suppliments to Olive Leaf and suppliment that contains odorless garlic and ACV.

I'll keep everyone posted on whether it works or not!

Hey guys, it has been awhile seen I posted with an update. The last 2 months have been great for me. The light therapy device Laura introduced me to worked way better than I expected. After nearly 6 years, I am 100% free of any active acne. My red marks from past breakouts have been disappearing and people actually notice how clear my skin has become.

While FRSC has been there for good support, I have to give all the credit to LightStim for making a product that actually works. Interestingly, I have gone back to my normal eating habits, including all the things that were on the no-no list, and my skin is still clear. I am guessing that I am just not a good responder to benzoyl peroxide.

Anyways, if any of you guys still have stubborn acne, I highly recommend looking into the Anti-Acne light from LightStim.

I believe they have a 90-day return policy in case the light does nothing for you.

I have pretty much cut a lot of my regime and have been only using the light regularly.

:dance:

I am still clear, with the exception of one inflamed spot that I got above my eye, at the inside corner of my eyebrow (of course its in a place I don't use any treatment products! Maybe I should start putting them there too!). Boy that eye spot hurt!!!! It wasn't extractable (I had Laura check it out), but I did go to my derm and get a cortisone shot to bring down the swelling. It has reduced by about 2/3 and doesn't hurt anymore. Hopefully it will continue to shrink.

I seem to be keeping the body folliculitis mostly under control using rotating cleansers, leave-on products, supplements and dietary adjustments. I rotate the products and suppliments about every 2 weeks to prevent the fungus from adapting to the products (which is what tends to happen if you take one antifungal too long).

This week I am using a salicylic scrub in the morning, and alternating it with the ZNP bar every other day. I use a salicylic cleanser every other night as well. I am alternating leave on topicals too. Every other night I use 15% mandelic serum, the other nights I used a diluted tea tree oil. I am spot treating with oil of oregano. Oral antifungal supplements are olive leaf, and an ACV/Garlic blend. I have also started taking a probiotic and have cut down sugary and yeast-containing foods.