Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
willow569

Willow's (Modified) Face Reality regimen

I Willow! I'm new around here but we messaged once on makeupalley about Face Reality.

I'm a long distance client (very long distance, I'm in England) and I've been on the treatment for 4 months I think, I've lost count. Anyway, things are actually going great, I've cleared considerably (I had both types to begin with, inflamed is now totally gone and non inflamed greatly reduced) I even ventured going outside without any foundation a few days ago! I hadn't done that in AGES! :dance: I still do break out though, as we speak, I'm sporting two new appereances, but is nothing compared to what I started with so I'm happy with the results so far.

Anyway, my questions is, Julie wants me to start using the DermA gel, to work on my complexion and scars, however she said that the gel brings everything 'up and out', which scared me a bit. Does that mean that I will break out initially??? I've seen that you wear it, I'm assuming you have been for a long time, so I'm wondering if you could give me some insight as of how it works???

Thank you so much for your help and your thread! :o)

My current regime:

AM Acne Scrub/Sal. Toner/GA 5%/Hyd. Em/Acne Med/Micro TZ sunscreen

PM same as above with no sunscreen involved.

I Willow! I'm new around here but we messaged once on makeupalley about Face Reality.

I'm a long distance client (very long distance, I'm in England) and I've been on the treatment for 4 months I think, I've lost count. Anyway, things are actually going great, I've cleared considerably (I had both types to begin with, inflamed is now totally gone and non inflamed greatly reduced) I even ventured going outside without any foundation a few days ago! I hadn't done that in AGES! :dance: I still do break out though, as we speak, I'm sporting two new appereances, but is nothing compared to what I started with so I'm happy with the results so far.

Anyway, my questions is, Julie wants me to start using the DermA gel, to work on my complexion and scars, however she said that the gel brings everything 'up and out', which scared me a bit. Does that mean that I will break out initially??? I've seen that you wear it, I'm assuming you have been for a long time, so I'm wondering if you could give me some insight as of how it works???

Thank you so much for your help and your thread! :o)

My current regime:

AM Acne Scrub/Sal. Toner/GA 5%/Hyd. Em/Acne Med/Micro TZ sunscreen

PM same as above with no sunscreen involved.

Nice to see you on the board! I am glad that the Face Reality program is working out for you. With the Derm A Gel, I can only speak to my own experience with it - it didn't give me any kind of initial break out (and I did get one with a prescription retinoid). I really love the product a lot - I still use it now and it continues to keep me clear.

Julie should be able to give you a better idea of how frequently the Derm A Gel gives people flare ups - she's likely used it with many of the clients she works with, so she might have a better idea of how often this happens. Just let her know of your concern and see what she says.

Keep me posted on how it goes!!

Got the extraction done yesterday, so the spot is just a flat, healing red spot now. I love getting extractions -the spots go away SO much faster!!

Just wanted to say I've been on my regimen with Face Reality for about 5 weeks now and I'm extremely happy with the results. I still get some occasional clogged pores and small whiteheads here and there, but I'm free of inflamed spots and things seem to be going very well. I'm going to the clinic for a treatment on Wednesday. It'll be my first time there since starting and I'm not sure I absolutely need it, but I do want them to take a look at my progress and just check in on how things are going. I love these guys!

Got the extraction done yesterday, so the spot is just a flat, healing red spot now. I love getting extractions -the spots go away SO much faster!!

Yeah, they do heal better when there's less gunk in them. :D I wish I could go every time a difficult zit pops up (pun intended).

Just wanted to say I've been on my regimen with Face Reality for about 5 weeks now and I'm extremely happy with the results. I still get some occasional clogged pores and small whiteheads here and there, but I'm free of inflamed spots and things seem to be going very well. I'm going to the clinic for a treatment on Wednesday. It'll be my first time there since starting and I'm not sure I absolutely need it, but I do want them to take a look at my progress and just check in on how things are going. I love these guys!

Wow, you've never gotten a facial at FR and yet you still got good results? :D That's awesome.

Yeah, they do heal better when there's less gunk in them. :D I wish I could go every time a difficult zit pops up (pun intended).

Wow, you've never gotten a facial at FR and yet you still got good results? :D That's awesome.

Well, to be fair I was 3 months off Accutane when I found them. But my acne had definitely been coming back at that point and this regimen seems to be keeping it in check. Hopefully for good.

Great to hear! Let us know how your appointment goes on Wednesday. I have my monthly facial scheduled for this Saturday. I think I am pretty much addicted to getting regular facials now! :) I have been trying to get myself to cut back to once every 6 weeks, but I wimp out every time. I think my monthly facials have become sort of a security blanket for me. After the next month or two, I really may try to cut back to every 6 wks though. I am moving into a beautiful victorian flat, which is going to cost me $600 more a month in rent than I am paying now, so I am going to have to start trimming my budget where I can!

BTW- my log seems to be the happenin' place for Face Reality clients to hang out these days! :boogie:

Great to hear! Let us know how your appointment goes on Wednesday. I have my monthly facial scheduled for this Saturday. I think I am pretty much addicted to getting regular facials now! :) I have been trying to get myself to cut back to once every 6 weeks, but I wimp out every time. I think my monthly facials have become sort of a security blanket for me. After the next month or two, I really may try to cut back to every 6 wks though. I am moving into a beautiful victorian flat, which is going to cost me $600 more a month in rent than I am paying now, so I am going to have to start trimming my budget where I can!

BTW- my log seems to be the happenin' place for Face Reality clients to hang out these days! :boogie:

Im glad you have seen an improvement in your skin Snack. No one should have to suffer from acne.

I love facials too! I wish I could afford them lol Are you still gonna be living in the same town Kim?

Its also a happenin' place for Californians to hang out :D

Im glad you have seen an improvement in your skin Snack. No one should have to suffer from acne.

I love facials too! I wish I could afford them lol Are you still gonna be living in the same town Kim?

Yep, I'll still be living in Alameda. Just moving several blocks from where I am now. I am in a 2 BR apartment, and really want to be living in a bigger place. My mom is still staying with me, so a 2 BR apartment is just too close for comfort right now! I really want a place that I can invite friends to, have dinner parties, etc. I really miss have people over, which has been difficult to do living in a 2 bedroom apartment. If I invite more than one person, its crowded already!

I found a beautiful victorian house. I am renting the main part of the house (there is also an upstairs studio apartment in the house that has its own entrance and an apartment building connected the rear of the house). The flat I am renting is huge - 3 BR, 1 1/2 baths, living room w/fireplace, big kitchen and a huge formal dining room. It has really high ceilings - they are probably 12 feet or so. The outside has a nice porch and a decent sized front yard (which the other tenants don't have access to - its just for our use). The place really underpriced too - $2000 a month. I bet they could get at least $2500 a month for it.

I can't wait to move in!!!!

Yep, I'll still be living in Alameda. Just moving several blocks from where I am now. I am in a 2 BR apartment, and really want to be living in a bigger place. My mom is still staying with me, so a 2 BR apartment is just too close for comfort right now! I really want a place that I can invite friends to, have dinner parties, etc. I really miss have people over, which has been difficult to do living in a 2 bedroom apartment. If I invite more than one person, its crowded already!

I found a beautiful victorian house. I am renting the main part of the house (there is also an upstairs studio apartment in the house that has its own entrance and an apartment building connected the rear of the house). The flat I am renting is huge - 3 BR, 1 1/2 baths, living room w/fireplace, big kitchen and a huge formal dining room. It has really high ceilings - they are probably 12 feet or so. The outside has a nice porch and a decent sized front yard (which the other tenants don't have access to - its just for our use). The place really underpriced too - $2000 a month. I bet they could get at least $2500 a month for it.

I can't wait to move in!!!!

WOW that sounds exciting! I love my studio apartment but it is difficult to keep clean. Its hard to find a place to put stuff. My apartment is only 511 square feet

OMG I love Victorian houses! Your description sounds absolutely beautiful and it sounds HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE! Youll have to invite me over sometime LOL

I keep having this problem where the side of my nostrils where the smile line is gets irritated and peels like crazy. When I cleanse it stings too, it heals after about 2 weeks, then comes back after every month and a half. How should I deal about this?

I keep having this problem where the side of my nostrils where the smile line is gets irritated and peels like crazy. When I cleanse it stings too, it heals after about 2 weeks, then comes back after every month and a half. How should I deal about this?

Anytime you get irritation or stinging/burning, definitely contact Face Reality. They may be able to give you a product to soothe that problem. They are much more familiar with your skin type and sensitivity than I would be, so they should be able to give you the best advice on this (especially since it is an ongoing problem, you should let them know). If it is irritated right now, maybe try a bit of aquaphor to soothe it, and then call the clinic and see what else they might suggest.

Skin update - clear, no active spots at all. I am going to be traveling quite a bit over the next month for work, so I am hoping that doesn't change my excellent skin status!! Traveling usually does a number on my skin, so we shall see how it goes.

The folliculitis remains under control. I am really liking this Vivant mandelic scrub that Laura gave me for it. It is keeping it more under control for longer periods of time, so yay!!! :dance:

Whoo no more sensitivity or peeling! Laura said to just put some Vaseline on it while cleansing and stuff since near the smile line is very sensitive. I am doing MUCH better now, my skin is clearing up and I currently only have like 4 spots healing. More exfol a and dermagel to get better complexion for me!

My redness and redmarks faded just a bit although, more please!...

Whoo no more sensitivity or peeling! Laura said to just put some Vaseline on it while cleansing and stuff since near the smile line is very sensitive. I am doing MUCH better now, my skin is clearing up and I currently only have like 4 spots healing. More exfol a and dermagel to get better complexion for me!

My redness and redmarks faded just a bit although, more please!...

Glad to hear things are going better! Yeah, vaseline really helps sensitive areas of the skin. Nice to know the Derm A Gel and Exfol-A have worked for you. I haven't had to bump up to Exfol-A (I do spot treat a couple areas with it), but really I love the effects I have gotten from Derm A Gel. :)

Well, the treatment went well and I'm still clearing nicely, but just now I noticed I'm getting what seems to be an inflamed (or soon to be inflamed) spot on my right temple. Any idea how best to spot treat? Just....ice and my normal routine? They gave me 2.5% BP as well, but more of an "as needed" treatment instead of a daily part of my regimen.

I wonder, do the treatments ever cause any sort of purging? This is the first inflamed bump I've had in probably a good month or so now.

Well, the treatment went well and I'm still clearing nicely, but just now I noticed I'm getting what seems to be an inflamed (or soon to be inflamed) spot on my right temple. Any idea how best to spot treat? Just....ice and my normal routine? They gave me 2.5% BP as well, but more of an "as needed" treatment instead of a daily part of my regimen.

I wonder, do the treatments ever cause any sort of purging? This is the first inflamed bump I've had in probably a good month or so now.

Yes some products can cause a flare - usually retinoids. But, I don't think one inflamed bump is necessarily a sign of anything - its gonna happen every once and awhile, for those of us who are acne prone. Even I still get the occasional inflamed spot every few months or so. :)

I would just do whatever routine they gave you. If you aren't sure about whether (or how) to use the BP in your regimen, I would call the clinic and just clarify that with them. It probably won't hurt to spot treat with in the meantime, and yeah Face Reality recommends ice for inflamed pimples. so that would be fine for you to do with this spot.

I have to say my face is really making me soooooo happy, it really actually looks like its going to be 100% clear. Redness is little now and I don't mind it much, for the first time, I feel happier and content with my skin ever before!!!!!

I have to say my face is really making me soooooo happy, it really actually looks like its going to be 100% clear. Redness is little now and I don't mind it much, for the first time, I feel happier and content with my skin ever before!!!!!

Great to hear! Hurray for Face Reality's magic touch!!! :boogie:

My skin continues to do well. I had a facial on Saturday (thanks Shilpa!), and there was very little to extract from my skin. I am starting to flake from the glycolic peel, but not too much. I'll be traveling for a couple days for work, so I am hoping my skin holds up ok! Dry hotels and reciruclated airplane air always seem to do a number on my skin - also the stress of traveling doesn't help! I went to San Diego and Stockton last week and sufferred no ill effects though (other than roasting to death in Stockton...)

This week I am off to Santa Cruz and then San Jose....

Hey, quick question: Does missing a couple of applications have a major impact on anything? I'm going to an anime convention in San Jose with some friends this weekend and I'm probably only going to have a chance to apply my regimen once each day (my friend and I aren't getting a hotel room, we're just mooching showers off of people >.>).

Hard to say. I have had one or two missed applications that seem to have lead to small breakouts. If there isn't anything you can do about sticking to it 100% those days, then I guess just cross your fingers and hope for the best!!! :pray:

Well, I've been mostly clear lately, so hopefully it won't have a huge impact. It's only a couple of days. I'm kind of curious how it'll turn out. I guess it'll be good to know how dependent I am on the stuff.

I grow paranoid if I miss a day, I'm so afraid to get a breakout. Laura said if you miss a day or something it, you might get a breakout in a month, since that's the amount of time for a pimple or something to form.

Hey, quick question: Does missing a couple of applications have a major impact on anything? I'm going to an anime convention in San Jose with some friends this weekend and I'm probably only going to have a chance to apply my regimen once each day (my friend and I aren't getting a hotel room, we're just mooching showers off of people >.>).

So, where are you gonna sleep then??? :think: