Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
willow569

Willow's (Modified) Face Reality regimen

They have actually raised Vivant products, everything except 3% and 9% Toner has raised up about 10%

Yeah, I know. Vivant's prices actually went up before now, but Face Reality had enough stock of products that they didn't have to raise prices right away. I just payed the new price for my Derm A Gel. I think it is the most expensive product I use now.

I have to say FRSC's products are pretty good. The acne med runs out kinda quick but still...

Yeah, they have great products. I don't run out of acnemed much anymore, since I only use it on my chin and jawline. I really love their hydrating emulsion and their oil free sunscreen.

Today is just a so-so skin day. The chin spot still hasn't totally faded yet - it seems to be healing rather slowly. Have a new clogged pore/small pimple above my jawline on the right side. Hoping it fades without turning into a full blown spot. My skin got really flaky all of a sudden today (which means my mineral makeup isn't looking that great at the moment). Tonight is supposed to be one of the nights i use my glycolic under the derm a gel, but with all the flakies I may wait an extra night. Its the second day of my period, so that may explain the mild skin uglies I have today! :confused:

I want to get rid of my mass amounts of clogged pores and blackheads around on on my nose area... :|

Those seem to be the hardest types of acne to get rid of - for me, noninflamed clogged pores just hang around forever.

I have a small spot developing in the smile line area. Clogged pore still on the jawline area too. I really need to get my facial appt more in line with my menstrual cycle. If either of these spots is looking worse by tomorrow (or I get any more) I think I am going to try and bump up my appt a week. That will put me on a better timeline with my cycle.

I love facials! When my dermatologist was pacing back and forth the other day trying to figure out what else to try on me (Ive tried everything), he came back, sat down and said, "I think you should have a few facials done. That might help your skin" Of course he said other stuff too but that was one of the first things he told me

Dont you hate periods Kim? I really cannot stand them!

I love facials! When my dermatologist was pacing back and forth the other day trying to figure out what else to try on me (Ive tried everything), he came back, sat down and said, "I think you should have a few facials done. That might help your skin" Of course he said other stuff too but that was one of the first things he told me

Dont you hate periods Kim? I really cannot stand them!

Facials are a great idea. They help my skin a lot. And yeah, I really hate periods!! They make me very irritable and moody.

Speaking of moody - I may not be posting in my log (or on the boards) as much for awhile. I have had a really stressful couple of months and my depression is starting to come back. I think being on the boards too much makes the problem worse. The psych dept at Kaiser has been pretty pathetic - still getting medication through them, but that's about it. I was doing pretty good on meds alone, until recently. I think I need to do more than that now. I am looking into other options right now.

Anyway, I do plan to be around - just not as much. I just need to get myself out doing other things besides worrying constantly about my skin (which I am sure a therapist will tell me to do at some point anyway!). I'll probably start gradually cutting back (doing it cold turkey will just be too hard) and then maybe take a total break for a little while, just so I can regroup and be in a better mindframe when I return. I just hate it when people disappear from here and you never know what happened. So, thought I would let you all know.

Willow,

I am sorry that you are going through this hard time. You would never know it from reading what and how you say things to so many of us out here. I really appreciate your knowledge, your kindness and patience. I understand how the boards can take it's toll on a Moderator especially.

You seem to me to be a super strong, intelligent, kind person and I hope that you can get through what you are dealing with quickly. Life is so short, and there are so many of us that have missed out, or lost time, we can never get back due to dealing with our skin.

Thank you again for all you do out here!

Dawn

Willow,

I am sorry that you are going through this hard time. You would never know it from reading what and how you say things to so many of us out here. I really appreciate your knowledge, your kindness and patience. I understand how the boards can take it's toll on a Moderator especially.

You seem to me to be a super strong, intelligent, kind person and I hope that you can get through what you are dealing with quickly. Life is so short, and there are so many of us that have missed out, or lost time, we can never get back due to dealing with our skin.

Thank you again for all you do out here!

Dawn

Thank you Dawn, I really appreciate that. I think its just been a culmination of stressors that have been building for awhile. I was feeling pretty good up until a month or so ago. Work has been stressful - lots of unhappy people and HUGE budget cuts coming soon. I think that, plus some things going on in my personal life were enough to stress me to the point that my old insecurites (i.e., my skin) came back.

I am going to try to be around some while I am dealing with this, but I am really going to make a concerted effort to get out and do something other than work and messageboard moderating. Thanks again for your kind words and support!

Willow, let's go get coffee sometime, but you have to pick me up though. We will *NOT* talk about depression or skin. :lol:

I am still waiting for that moment when I see you in the office one day.... :whistle::pray:

Hey Willow~

For some reason I zeroed in on your log tonight, was caught up reading it for quite some time, then got to this part. I'm sorry everything has been building up for you these past couple of months. I wish you the very best in figuring out solutions to your situation and finding new and successful methods of dealing with your stressors. You have been on the boards since I joined, and you've always given much wisdom and support to anyone in need of your strength. It's especially hard when you are as empathetic as you obviously are, because you begin to internalize those feelings.

Take care of yourself as you begin some much-needed self-exploration and time for yourself to find happiness and peace. Time passes quickly, never waiting for anyone, so you must seize every opportunity you can to grow in your life. You've been an invaluable guide to many here on the org, and please allow us to help you out in any way we can.

I wish you well and p.s.... your kitty avatar still rocks major big time! :nod:

Willow, let's go get coffee sometime, but you have to pick me up though. We will *NOT* talk about depression or skin. :lol:

I am still waiting for that moment when I see you in the office one day.... :whistle: :pray:

I would love to have the opporunity to meet you in person! :) Do you think you will go to the party that Laura and Pat are going to have in the new office? They said they are planning to do that once the dust settles from the move. Have you seen the new office yet?

Hey Willow~

For some reason I zeroed in on your log tonight, was caught up reading it for quite some time, then got to this part. I'm sorry everything has been building up for you these past couple of months. I wish you the very best in figuring out solutions to your situation and finding new and successful methods of dealing with your stressors. You have been on the boards since I joined, and you've always given much wisdom and support to anyone in need of your strength. It's especially hard when you are as empathetic as you obviously are, because you begin to internalize those feelings.

Take care of yourself as you begin some much-needed self-exploration and time for yourself to find happiness and peace. Time passes quickly, never waiting for anyone, so you must seize every opportunity you can to grow in your life. You've been an invaluable guide to many here on the org, and please allow us to help you out in any way we can.

I wish you well and p.s.... your kitty avatar still rocks major big time! :nod:

Thanks very much! I appreciate the supportive words. Yeah, I need to step back a bit and get myself together. I don't know why everything hit all of a sudden like this. But, its not great for my health or my skin! :boohoo:

I did a bad thing last night and picked a bunch of dry skin over a couple of clogged pores. No idea what possessed me.... Today I am dealing with two little red, open sores above my jawline (along with a couple new redmarks from breakouts this month). Hopefully, they can do a bit of damage control for me at Face Reality tomorrow. I initially bumped up my appt because of a first date I had scheduled for Sunday. Now I don't think I am going to go on the date (but still glad I have an appt sooner than planned). I just don't think i am mentally ready for dating at the moment. I am trying to go out with friends more though and out dancing too. I put an ad up for a dance partner, but its hard to find a guy who mostly wants a platonic dancing relationship rather than a dating relationship. Dance parterships are just less pressure for me right now. Tonight I am meeting a friend for dinner - I was tempted to back out because of my skin picking disaster, but I am just going to bite the bullet and go. My friend is also a Face Reality client, so she will definitely be non-judgmental about my skin! I went for a drink after work with a few coworkers yesterday, which was fun.

I am still waiting for that moment when I see you in the office one day.... :whistle: :pray:

I would love to have the opporunity to meet you in person! :) Do you think you will go to the party that Laura and Pat are going to have in the new office? They said they are planning to do that once the dust settles from the move. Have you seen the new office yet?

I havn't been in the office nor the new office yet, but my appointment is tomorrow. :D I had to cancel the one two weeks ago because I had the flu and 104 degree fever. Funny thing is I wouldn't know what to talk about if we meet, if not acne, what do we talk about, I am shy. :doh:

OooooO, you are going to the office TOMORROW?? Me too......! I think my appointment is at 2:00PM or somewhere around there....

It's great you are going out and enjoying yourself, you are young, have fun!

Didn't see you :| guess your appointment was not around 3PM. New office is huuuge, someone could get lost :P

Julie says I am 25% better, I wonder what percentage I am from being 100% clear..... Well I have gotten a new product, the Vivant 3in1 Mandelic Acid Cleaner, she says once I get more clearer than I will go back to using the Acne Scrub.

Man, you weird Kim! I just don't understand how anyone would enjoy the subjected pain in extractions! I had more tears than ever today! Well I guess if you didn't have as much breakouts as me it's not painful for you.

I am losing faith in Face Reality :(

It has been 6 treatments and 3 months in, skin is still no where clear as was promised ..only a slight improvement since I started.

ArGhh acne!

It has been 6 treatments and 3 months in, skin is still no where clear as was promised ..only a slight improvement since I started.

ArGhh acne!

Sorry to hear that. Have you been in recently? Are you sticking to what they told you to do? Have they said anything about the lack of progress? I do know of some clients that took slightly longer to clear, so I wouldn't worry just yet. I don't remember if you had inflamed or noninflamed acne? I know that it can take longer to clear some noninflamed acne clients.

I am clear right now - no active spots at all! :dance: Just a few lingering red marks from the couple spots I had two weeks ago.

ArGhh acne!

Sorry to hear that. Have you been in recently? Are you sticking to what they told you to do? Have they said anything about the lack of progress? I do know of some clients that took slightly longer to clear, so I wouldn't worry just yet. I don't remember if you had inflamed or noninflamed acne? I know that it can take longer to clear some noninflamed acne clients.

Last time I was in was about 2 weeks ago (my 6th treatment).

I have been sticking to my regime like it was my religion. :wall:

Last time I met with them, they said it just takes longer to get clear for some people. ..but I am barely seeing improvements. I am actually beginning to think I am immune to benzoyl peroxide. My old derm put me on a BP regime also with no luck. :think:

And I have inflammed acne.

That is actually odd, since you have inflamed acne. My last appointment, they said if I had inflamed acne, I would have been clear already, but yeah I have non-inflamed...

ArGhh acne!

Last time I was in was about 2 weeks ago (my 6th treatment).

I have been sticking to my regime like it was my religion. :wall:

Last time I met with them, they said it just takes longer to get clear for some people. ..but I am barely seeing improvements. I am actually beginning to think I am immune to benzoyl peroxide. My old derm put me on a BP regime also with no luck. :think:

And I have inflammed acne.

The the next time you go in, maybe talk to them about your concerns with your progress so far? They may be able to adjust your regimen. You might also consider taking a look at your "before" photos that they took when you started. Sometimes when progress is gradual, you don't realize that you have made improvements when you actually have. One other client who posts on these boards was also saying that she hadn't seen as much progress as she'd hoped for. Then she saw her "before" pics and was really shocked at the difference between then and now - so much so that she almost cried. She said she had forgotten how bad it really was at first and at how much better it is now.

Even for me now, if I get a pimple or two every now and then - it bothers me more that it should - then I go back and look at what my skin looked like when I started there and realize that I have just gotten anal about my skin because I have been mainly clear for quite awhile now.

Is your acne cystic or is it really widespread inflamed acne?

A few cystic and whiteheads.

You might also consider taking a look at your "before" photos that they took when you started.

Last time I went in, Shipla pulled up my "before" pics. Kim then walks in, takes a glance at me and then at the pics... and finally says "your before pics look a little better." :confused: Maybe she was joking.. but that's basically the lack of progress I have been seeing.

Is your acne cystic or is it really widespread inflamed acne?

A few cystic and whiteheads.

You might also consider taking a look at your "before" photos that they took when you started.

Last time I went in, Shipla pulled up my "before" pics. Kim then walks in, takes a glance at me and then at the pics... and finally says "your before pics look a little better." :confused: Maybe she was joking.. but that's basically the lack of progress I have been seeing.

Then I would just talk with them about your concerns (maybe try to speak with Laura directly if you can) and when they think you might start getting more noticeable results. You might even ask to be scheduled with Laura for your next session. I know she will sometimes prioritize stubborn cases to see herself.