Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
efitalian

Clear Skin Regimen and the Beach: please help!!

Hi everyone! I was wonderin if you guys could help me.

I've been on the CSR for over a week and LOVE the way my skin feels and looks (knock on wood that it stays that way!!). I use Purpose cleanser, On the Spot Acne Treatment by Neutro. and Cetaphil moisturizer both day and night. On alternate evenings I also exfoliate with the Jess technique (the Oral B toothbrush).

Here' my issue: I'm goin to Greece and Italy for the rest of the summer so I'm gonna be spendin a lot of time on the beach. For those of you who go to beach or have gone to the beach while on the regimen, how have you incorporated your regimen into your daily routine? I mean, I REALLY want to stick with my regimen but I am a but worried about being at the beach, swimming in the ocean with my friends and having layers of BP and Cetaphil on my face. I don't like to tan on my face, but I don't want a white sweaty layer on it either (besides, I'd like to wear sunscreen)....what would you guys advise? Should I just stick with the regimen and suck it out or would it be OK to just use the regimine once at night when I go to the beach? I don't have severe acne, just mild acne (mostly hormonal). Please help!!

Thanks--you guys are awesome!!

Elvira

I think it will be fine to continue using the regimen whilst your away, however, you might want to consider switching to Dan's BP so you don't get the white layer when you sweat. Also a sunscreen will be essential if you're going to be out in the sun as BP makes you more sensitive to it, so I would recommend using an SPF of atleast 30 to be safe :)

I think it will be fine to continue using the regimen whilst your away, however, you might want to consider switching to Dan's BP so you don't get the white layer when you sweat. Also a sunscreen will be essential if you're going to be out in the sun as BP makes you more sensitive to it, so I would recommend using an SPF of atleast 30 to be safe :)

I was thinking that you could just use waterproof sunscreen over your face.

Go ahead and do the Regimen while on your vacation. The CSR is portable! I've done it camping in tents, swimming in pools, swimming in lakes, staying in cabins, hotels etc......

Just take your stuff with you and do it as usual. The only difference would be to use a good waterproof strong sunscreen (at least spf 30) such as Coppertone Oil-Free or Neutrogena dry touch, if you live in the US.

If you live outside the US, there are other sunscreen's that the UKers here can recommend for you.

On days you are going to be at the beach or swimming, do the Regimen as usual in the morning, then take along your moisturizer and sunscreen. You will need to reapply the sunscreen every hour and a half or so. And you will want to apply moisturizer after swimming since Chlorine and salt water both will be drying to your skin.

Best of all, have fun! Don't let your skin or your skin routine ruin your trip! The CSR is very portable and travels well.