Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AGCR

For those who weight train.

I've been lifting weight for the past couple of months. Really the only thing about my diet that has changed is it that im taking protein powder to help woth muscle recovery after workouts. I was thinking about going on Nitric Oxide(most people who work out know what this is) and i was wondering if anybody here has tryed it..and how did it affect their acne? Im a little bit nervous about taking it because im afraid its gonna make me break out. Some feed-back please!

See my thread about Sans Vault. It contains substances that produces nitric oxide. Ive only used it for 2-3 days so I dont know the result. And even if I get acne from it I cant say if its the nitric oxide or not. But if I dont...then I guess its ok.

I've been lifting weight for the past couple of months. Really the only thing about my diet that has changed is it that im taking protein powder to help woth muscle recovery after workouts. I was thinking about going on Nitric Oxide(most people who work out know what this is) and i was wondering if anybody here has tryed it..and how did it affect their acne? Im a little bit nervous about taking it because im afraid its gonna make me break out. Some feed-back please!

I have been taking Expand which is a powder that contains creatine and N.O. and it didn't do anything bad to my skin. I have a had pretty clear skin for a while after taking accutane. But recently had a really bad break out because I took Winstrol. Not a good idea for someone who's skin is ance prone. I thought I was cured. That is why I am on this site now.

I've been lifting weight for the past couple of months. Really the only thing about my diet that has changed is it that im taking protein powder to help woth muscle recovery after workouts.

You shouldn't be looking at supplements with such little change in diet. You need to eat a lot more. I didn't start making gains until I starting adding 500 calories worth of flax oil to my post-workout shakes, among other increases in diet.

You need to do large muscle group exercises, like squats, to naturally increase your hormone levels, and then eat more. With more testosterone your body will take the extra calories grow much faster. It did increase my acne somewhat, but with my regime it is very much under control. Some people on this board seem to be afraid of hormones. Don't be. It's what defines your manhood, what gives you strength, low body fat %, energy, etc. You will never make gains in the gym if you do the things they do, like massively eat nonfermented soy products to decrease hormones.

As for Nitric Oxide, I've never used it or looked into what it does (or claims to).

I have been taking Expand which is a powder that contains creatine and N.O. and it didn't do anything bad to my skin. I have a had pretty clear skin for a while after taking accutane. But recently had a really bad break out because I took Winstrol. Not a good idea for someone who's skin is ance prone. I thought I was cured. That is why I am on this site now.

I really would not be recommending Oxandrolone (aka Anavar) to anyone, especially to people who are prone to acne. (For those that do not know, anavar and winstrol are oral anabolic steroids.)

Anavar does not strengthen your liver either. It is a mild steroid with relatively nild side-effects but it will have no positive effect on your liver.

Nitric Oxide, on the other hand, is pretty much a waste of money when used alone. I have used it myself. I am not aware of any correlation to acne with nitric oxide products and didn't notice any effect when I used it. It does, however, increse free radical production in the body so if you are concerned about that then I would suggest taking anti-oxidants too.

I really would not be recommending Oxandrolone (aka Anavar) to anyone, especially to people who are prone to acne. (For those that do not know, anavar and winstrol are oral anabolic steroids.)

Anavar does not strengthen your liver either. It is a mild steroid with relatively nild side-effects but it will have no positive effect on your liver.

Nitric Oxide, on the other hand, is pretty much a waste of money when used alone. I have used it myself. I am not aware of any correlation to acne with nitric oxide products and didn't notice any effect when I used it. It does, however, increse free radical production in the body so if you are concerned about that then I would suggest taking anti-oxidants too.

great evidence, i guess we'll just take your word for it. I was more so recommending anavar over winstrol, obviously it could make you break out. And yes it can actually strengthen the liver, but I'm not going to find the source where I read that. I already read it, thats why I said it.

What do you guys think about L glutamine?

great evidence, i guess we'll just take your word for it. I was more so recommending anavar over winstrol, obviously it could make you break out. And yes it can actually strengthen the liver, but I'm not going to find the source where I read that. I already read it, thats why I said it.

What do you guys think about L glutamine?

You make a sarcastic remark about me not posting evidence, and then you do exactly the same in your post?

Anyway, although l-glutamine does have research to back it up, most people that try it do not really notice a difference. This is the general consensus at Bodybuilding.com, IronMass, etc.

I haven't noticed a difference with glutamine, but it's only been a month. I've been making pretty good gains. At the beginning of May I was 138, and now I'm 156. My body fat has probably increased by ~2%. Probably a combination of beginner's gains, water weight from creatine, and bone/misc tissue growth. Because it's simply not possible to gain that much muscle that quickly even with steroids.

I didn't start taking the glutamine until early June, about when I was 145-150. It's built into in my Optimum Nutrition Whey, and I never sought to supplement it directly, it just was kind of a bonus.

It may be helping, but it's really hard to tell. But it's pratically free. Again, I think many people need to stop looking at supplements and look at their diet. You've got to eat more, and when you get larger you need to eat more.

Guest ilovepancakes

Optimum Whey Protein is the best.