Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
david

Tane F****D up my life.. did it yours??

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Please show some sympathy it sounds almost as if you want david to die! I think some people want to die because when you think about it, life is a big bitch and sometimes it just feels easier not to feel anything (being dead) than to experience all the hurtful and horrible things life can throw at you. Of course, I'm sure religion would play a role in how people view death, but I for one am no longer religious (used to be Catholic) so that's just my point of view.

EDIT: No, I am not emo or gothic or anything like that.

Please show some sympathy it sounds almost as if you want david to die! I think some people want to die because when you think about it, life is a big bitch and sometimes it just feels easier not to feel anything (being dead) than to experience all the hurtful and horrible things life can throw at you. Of course, I'm sure religion would play a role in how people view death, but I for one am no longer religious (used to be Catholic) so that's just my point of view.

I didn't know emo and goth were religions. Why is it that humans always form everything into "groups" or "cliques" or "clubs" and "religions" and then judge everyone as a whole within those groups.

I guess i am slightly guilty of it myself. when i was little i used to seperate packs of smarties into "color" groups...and certain colors WERE better than others..although they were all the same on the inside.

yes, i just compared racism and prejudice to a colorful chocolate candy.I am not ashamed.

Religions are the biggest fucking scams ever. o yea and if you want to die. i recommend mainlining a few cc's of Sunny D..practically painless.so ive heard.self-immolation is another viable option. also painless.

David cheer up !

I don't want to use banal sentences but it's true that as long as there's life there's hope

Think about things can be pretty pretty bad but as long as you're alive you know you may wake up someday with the power to change things that are wrong in your life.

There are people that want to diet because they hate their life and this shallow society, they have more to offer and they want more, they want different people around them and they are said of western hypocrital wealthy

But what they should realize is that as long as they are alive they can eventually choose to take drastic measure and abandon everything to find their happiness somewhere, maybe as volunteers in the third world, but you see ... if you that desperate that you're ready make something extreme, then it's aways better to make something extreme for life than for death, because an extreme action in life can bring change while nothing changes in death

I don't believe at all that people who are sad about their life should just "forget about it and accept life" and I don't believe that being depressed if you don't like your life is a disease and that the solution is changing your view. No, if you don't like your life the solution is changing your life and you have all the rights to desire change and to be depressed, the problem is not you not liking the world (as many would claim) but a world that can't be liked, but sensitive people who want more

This relates to your skin too. Because as long as you're alive you can look for a solution

You can try a cure for months and it may not work, but you have your legs, your arms, your lungs, your brain and you can look for another cure, be self-confident and if it doesn't work your may try another one. It doesn't really matter when you find what you're looking for what really matters is that you can look for ... but only as long as you're alive. It's not hopes, it's not only waiting, it's acting, it's creating your destiny and you can do it, you and me are lucky because we can do it, because we will have so many chances, because we'll be so happy that we didn't give up, because being alive allow us to build out life, to make choices and to make changes, no matter how slowly ... we can create change, it's a power we own

It's sad that so many people have underestimated your emotions. I will never take the right to underestimate what you feel, to judge what you feel, to believe I know better than you how do you feel. You're the only person on earth who knows really what'sin your mind and your heart and your sufference and if we want to be friend, if we want to help you out then we must first of all trust you, trust your knowledge about yourself and about the way you feel. You don't need cold conseuling telling you don't have the right to feel like you feel, you need friends that don't underestimate your emotions, that believe you when you see them that you're suffering and respect you for whom you are.

I won't tell you that you shouldn't feel like you feel, that you shouldn't be sad .. because I know shit, I'm not you and nobody knows you better than yourself, but I will tell you to think of living as having the opportunity to create change and to realize that it's a big gift because plants don't have it and when a wood is burned they can't move and escape the fire. You could! Don't give this power for granted, being alive is a strong power because you can mould the world around you and create the experiences you want and if the problem is your skin then remember that being alive allow you to look for solutions, to find solution and to enjoy whatever beautiful life awaits you after you've found that solution ...

Danny

I didn't know emo and goth were religions. Why is it that humans always form everything into "groups" or "cliques" or "clubs" and "religions" and then judge everyone as a whole within those groups.

I guess i am slightly guilty of it myself. when i was little i used to seperate packs of smarties into "color" groups...and certain colors WERE better than others..although they were all the same on the inside.

yes, i just compared racism and prejudice to a colorful chocolate candy.I am not ashamed.

Religions are the biggest fucking scams ever. o yea and if you want to die. i recommend mainlining a few cc's of Sunny D..practically painless.so ive heard.self-immolation is another viable option. also painless.

No no, its alright. The commercials told us red was better :P

im sorry about wt u went thru but is it the tane that made u crazy or the fact of the initial breakout that drove u nutz... thers not much i can say to comfort u but i hope u pull through

You quit school and a job at 15? lol

And your acne was so bad that you needed accutane, but differin cleared you in a few days?

Yeah, keep the bs coming.

david another thing, go back to that school and speak with a guidance counselor or someone and see if you cant get back in. Youre only 15, its not too late. dropping out of high school will be your biggest regret for the rest of your life.

I know were all dropping what seems like loads on youre shoulders, but you've got to be responsible for your own actions and your life

I'm thankful for finding this place. I don't have anyone who knows how stressful acne is, infact none of my friends suffer from acne as bad as i do! At this very second i feel like sh*t, I can't stop staring at my face and the amount of bumps and lumps i have is seriously driving me over the edge. I haven't really eaten today because i lose my appetite looking at my face and i feel like locking myself in my room and never coming out until its all gone. I can't face my friends seeing me like this, i have to go to school for my final exam tomorrow and for them to see my face messed up will kill me. I know they won't say anything to my face but behind my back they'll be thinking "Wtf is wrong with her face?!". God i never thought i'd actually cry over something like this but it really is ruining my life. I'm worried that if i get anymore depressed i'll do something i'll regret.

I have been were you are and it sucks, have you tried accutane yet? So far acne has been the worst thing in my life, it has affected me more than the death of relatives, splitting up with long term gf and lots of other stuff so yeh if you let it it can ruin your life for such a long time. I know i will regret the days i stayed in because of acne when im old and wish i had a few extra days left though

Hey,

No i'm not on Accutane but i'm thinking about it despite the side effects, anything to get rid of this acne! I'm not feeling as bad today, maybe because i've actually put a limit on myself on how many times i look in a mirror/reflective surface :shifty: My foreheads looking like a battlefield, i'm sure my History teacher would agree if i asked him. I'm absolutely dreading tomorrow, i have my college induction day where i have to meet new people (I'm already crap at doing that without having the constant worrying of my acne!) I'm afraid of people thinking "God look at the state of her face, why would anyone want to be friends with that?" Its so shallow the society we live in that no matter where i go i'll feel like crap. I had to keep putting my hand over my face yesturday when i went in for my last exam.....it was so embaressing talking behind a hand! lol! My friends didn't say anything but i knew they were a little taken aback at the state of my face since i last saw them. It gets worse and worse each day and all i'm clinging onto is the fact that someday i will have clear skin, it may not be today but that day will arrive. I'm sorry everyone for my rant last time, i was pretty wound up after my obsessive mirror disorder (Is there such thing as that?!...well now there is)

David, i'm sorry to hear about that. There are plenty of options available for you such as college or retaking classes. i expect there is some sort of education scheme that can help you if you ask the school. Please don't give up on your life. Acne WILL go. I'm 16 and i understand how you may feel about school. teenagers are pretty cruel. In other words some of them are B*tches! I'm still fighting acne, remember there are many others who are in the same boat.

Sally

You quit school and a job at 15? lol

And your acne was so bad that you needed accutane, but differin cleared you in a few days?

Yeah, keep the bs coming.

OWNED! :lol:

Lol stay in school dont be a fool.

Can we see a pic of how bad the acne is?

cmon lets be more supportive , as if the person wasn't feeling down in the crapper already

ummm yer... my family has an anxiety problem.. .genitics i spose.. and i used to be emo which is another thing to consider... and when i mentioned clear face i meant i got rid of about 70 % of my acne in about 3 days.. its still clearing up what i thought was scars back then is obviously acne becuase there pissing off aswell.. and i am getting counseling i havnt dropped out of school.. i was just too shit scared to go.. im currently working my way back up to going , like i went to the cinema the other.. it was the hardest thing in my life but i went and i couldnt even go outside b4... btw DONT WATCH THE BREAK UP... fuken shit movie even if your gf wants you to see it.. it is SHIT... you pay 8 bucks to see two people shouting at each other

maybe you were just fucked up to start off with. people who ahve depression arent supposed to be on accutane, because of what it would do. thats why your supposed to get that shit check out before you take it. dont blame the medicine, blame the ignorance.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Maybe when someone needs support they just shouldn't come to these forums anymore. It's like they fall over, and when they want help we just kick them in the gut.

maybe you were just fucked up to start off with. people who ahve depression arent supposed to be on accutane, because of what it would do. thats why your supposed to get that shit check out before you take it. dont blame the medicine, blame the ignorance.

No, he's right in blaming the medicine ...

Just because accutane has worked for you and so many others, it doesn't mean that it works for everyone and it doesn't mean that it can have so adverse bad effect to become life threatening.

I advise everyone who had the luck to reach the end of accutane symptoms free to read the studies on the adverse effects of isotretinoin and how bad they can be.

Now so everyone here knows .. bad depression and suicidal feelings ARE adverse effects of accutane

Am J Ther 2003;10(2):148-59 (Overview of existing research and information linking isotretinoin, depression, psychosis, and suicide)

So consider yourself lucky but don't blame people accutane has indeed fucked up the life of

Danny

well yer i was fine until i went on it...then i got the IB and then things went downhill.. even though my acne was clearing up i was still feeling bad about the way i looked perhaps worse...and if you blame my ignorance thats fair enough, my derm did say that the depression side was nothing to worry about.. ( i was happy at the time) but i still think hes a total dickhead

His family has anxiety problems. thats all, dont take the medicine if you have mental illness. Read the book!

His family has anxiety problems. thats all, dont take the medicine if you have mental illness. Read the book!

Nonsense, the drug itself causes a lowering of beta-endorphin and trigger depression in sensitive subjects.

Accutane is a dangerous drug, period, and it doesn't work for everybody ... it causes more harm than good for a lot of individuals.

There is no proof he had problems before or that since your family has a problem you should have it too, a family history just tinely increases the chance of being more subject to something ... that's all ... and if I were david I would ask this topic to be closed because the word support is unknown here and everyone is just being a god of presumption and shallow judgement ... congratulations!

Danny

Nonsense, the drug itself causes a lowering of beta-endorphin and trigger depression in sensitive subjects.

Accutane is a dangerous drug, period, and it doesn't work for everybody ... it causes more harm than good for a lot of individuals.

There is no proof he had problems before or that since your family has a problem you should have it too, a family history just tinely increases the chance of being more subject to something ... that's all ... and if I were david I would ask this topic to be closed because the word support is unknown here and everyone is just being a god of presumption and shallow judgement ... congratulations!

Danny

Heh, he said he was emo, which means he was depressed, and thus he shouldnt have taken it because of depression, which is a mental illness. Also he had alot of things going on too.

Danny

Heh, he said he was emo, which means he was depressed, and thus he shouldnt have taken it because of depression, which is a mental illness. Also he had alot of things going on too.

Doesn't he need a prescribtion to take accutane? If he was prescribed it that means that there was not reason to think it could have been particularly harmful for him if not on the cases that he was sensitive to it and its adverse affects which applies to everyone ... accutane is such a strong and dangerous drug that aggravitating factors like diabetes, heart problems, hypotension are all analyzed before it can be used

It's not possible to predict the effects of accutane, and since maniac suicidal depression is among the adverse affect it's not like you become depressed only if you're predisposed to depression or your become more depressed if you're already depressed. You may be the most happy person in the world and become damn depressed on acutane or be the most depressed people in the world and have no adverse effects with accutane

Danny

Anyway ... I think there are different ways to give support to a person that asks it

If someone want my help for something I trust that this person knows what he/she needs and I don't start absurd debates on how I know better than him or her what he or she needs.

If a friend of mine ask money to me I don't tell my friend that I will give him or her the money only as long as they will be spent in the way I want them to. That's no help, that's like helping people by forcing your religion down their throat destroying their villages and torturing their inhabitants.

david asked your help and you just had to help, just giving him what he asked for rather than giving him your presumptuous lecture ... which is not what he asked. Stop trying to help people if you can't put aside your pride and trust the person is asking your help

Danny

Doesn't he need a prescribtion to take accutane? If he was prescribed it that means that there was not reason to think it could have been particularly harmful for him if not on the cases that he was sensitive to it and its adverse affects which applies to everyone ... accutane is such a strong and dangerous drug that aggravitating factors like diabetes, heart problems, hypotension are all analyzed before it can be used

It's not possible to predict the effects of accutane, and since maniac suicidal depression is among the adverse affect it's not like you become depressed only if you're predisposed to depression or your become more depressed if you're already depressed. You may be the most happy person in the world and become damn depressed on acutane or be the most depressed people in the world and have no adverse effects with accutane

Danny

Maybe he didnt tell his derm about his history of depression, becayse that way, he/she wouldnt have given him the drug. Maybe he just wanted it so bad, he didnt want to tell the derm. And he probably didnt read the book they give you telling all the side effects, and that you shouldnt use the drug if youve had previous, or recent illnesses.Well is depression analyzed before it can be used? And Im not talking about others, dont get off subject, we are talking about David.

Danny

Maybe he didnt tell his derm about his history of depression, becayse that way, he/she wouldnt have given him the drug. Maybe he just wanted it so bad, he didnt want to tell the derm. And he probably didnt read the book they give you telling all the side effects, and that you shouldnt use the drug if youve had previous, or recent illnesses.Well is depression analyzed before it can be used? And Im not talking about others, dont get off subject, we are talking about David.

Shouldn't we have asked david what happened instead of guessing about his life?

that's what really bothered me, we haven't given david a chance to explain what the dermatologist said, whether the depression was that bad to make accutane use dangerou or whether his doctor agree that his depression was due to accutane use ...

Danny