Find results in...
david

Tane F****D up my life.. did it yours??

Well Hi im David

Im 15

Tane ruined my life

if it did yours please do write

or if it didnt write

Well i started Orratane with high hopes.. then my skin broke out innitially at the start.. i stopped school, i quit my job, i failed all my classes, i never left my home ever at all.. i almost killed myself on numerous occasions and so did my girlfirend becuase of stress i put on her.. i am now post tane for about 3 weeks now.. and im still not at school i am currently on anti depressant tablets, anti anxiety tablets, i have to see a counseler, i have to see an anxiety docter at the hospital and my life just went down the drain its horrible..

I have finally managed to clear up my skin after stopping treatment with accutane from risk of suicide, i am using Benzac AC 5% and Differin 0.1% .. cleared my face up in a matter of days i still have bad scarring.. even though my skin is clear i still cant go outside out of fear!!!

Please share your war storys..

thx for your time ... David

Guest money_mike

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work for you. It worked wonders for myself and for a lot of others.

I never really leave my house anymore as well. I don't talk to my friends anymore, in fact I wouldn't really say I have many friends anymore.

I'm thankful for finding this place. I don't have anyone who knows how stressful acne is, infact none of my friends suffer from acne as bad as i do! At this very second i feel like sh*t, I can't stop staring at my face and the amount of bumps and lumps i have is seriously driving me over the edge. I haven't really eaten today because i lose my appetite looking at my face and i feel like locking myself in my room and never coming out until its all gone. I can't face my friends seeing me like this, i have to go to school for my final exam tomorrow and for them to see my face messed up will kill me. I know they won't say anything to my face but behind my back they'll be thinking "Wtf is wrong with her face?!". God i never thought i'd actually cry over something like this but it really is ruining my life. I'm worried that if i get anymore depressed i'll do something i'll regret.

Well, David, from an outsider's perspective, it seems like a whole bunch of different factors cam together in a coincidental nightmare.

You may have a predisposition towards depression, which could be brought on by or made worse by the usual teenage angst.

On top of that you have severe acne.

On top of that you started accutane.

And then getting back to it, it's well know that teenagers go through a period of focusing on themselves completely which makes your acne and general situation seem even worse. (no offense-it's a well-known fact and we all go through it).

That probably doesn't make your situation seem any better, but you might find some comfort in knowing that it *probably* wasn't all accutane's fault. More likely, it was, as I said abpove, an unfortunate combination of circumstances and personality.

If your acne is cleared up, at least that's one less thing to worry about. Now focus on getting mentally better through meds and counselling. You will get better. It'll just take time. And there are lots of treatments to help with scarring and marks. In time you can look into that.

war stories? lol....

i dunno, maybe im crazy, but this story seems a bit exaterated if you know what i mean, and im not saying any of that didnt happen, but its a bit hard to believe that you and your girlfriend both tried commiting suicide......

anywho, tane worked wonders for me until i was off of it, then my skin went back....and now im just using regular non-prescrip. meds and those seem to be controlling my skin to a decent extent....im not really worried about my skin as much as i used to be, so thats also another factor that seems to help me live a much more decent life.

It fucked up my life for the 5 months I was on it yeah, but since ive stopped things are getting better, skin and my mental state.

I'm thankful for finding this place. I don't have anyone who knows how stressful acne is, infact none of my friends suffer from acne as bad as i do! At this very second i feel like sh*t, I can't stop staring at my face and the amount of bumps and lumps i have is seriously driving me over the edge. I haven't really eaten today because i lose my appetite looking at my face and i feel like locking myself in my room and never coming out until its all gone. I can't face my friends seeing me like this, i have to go to school for my final exam tomorrow and for them to see my face messed up will kill me. I know they won't say anything to my face but behind my back they'll be thinking "Wtf is wrong with her face?!". God i never thought i'd actually cry over something like this but it really is ruining my life. I'm worried that if i get anymore depressed i'll do something i'll regret.

I have been were you are and it sucks, have you tried accutane yet? So far acne has been the worst thing in my life, it has affected me more than the death of relatives, splitting up with long term gf and lots of other stuff so yeh if you let it it can ruin your life for such a long time. I know i will regret the days i stayed in because of acne when im old and wish i had a few extra days left though

yer thanks guys.. allthough the story may seem a little far fetched, it did happen and i was just hoping to get some emmotional support from people who have been through this before or perhaps people who have some solutions to help me through this..

I have been were you are and it sucks, have you tried accutane yet? So far acne has been the worst thing in my life, it has affected me more than the death of relatives, splitting up with long term gf and lots of other stuff so yeh if you let it it can ruin your life for such a long time. I know i will regret the days i stayed in because of acne when im old and wish i had a few extra days left though

Hey Ronaldo!

Guest tvirus_outbreak

What are the statistics for teenagers commiting/attempting suicide?

Hey Ronaldo!

hey sad :D , sorry about the rant im a bit depressed at the mo :(

What are the statistics for teenagers commiting/attempting suicide?

theyre high, ive attempted once. it was a difficult time

I honestly owe so much to accutane. My acne was ruining my entire life and was so painful on my face that it hurt to smile or lay on a pillow cause my zits would pop and i'd wake up the next morning with blood all over my pillow case. I'd cry myself to sleep everynight and try to pop every single cyst and zit as much as i could and pray that i'd wake up the next morning and they'd all be gone. Accutane cleared me up 100% after 10 months on it. (it was no an easy ride at all and in fact my acne got worse b4 it got better). On it I never thought I was going to get clear and i used to cry for hours everyday but in the end my face was perfect except for my scars. while my acne came back mildly after I was done with it, using bp I keep my skin under pretty good control nowadays. I'm sorry to hear that you had such trouble with accutane but for me it was a godsend and has forever changed my life so I can actually go out and live without worrying all the time. without accutane I honestly don't know where i would be today.

same here Its changed my life sooo much for the better, sorry about your story

do you think maybe it was the acne that made you depressed anyway? that's what my thinking was for me anyway

but glad your getting some counseling and hope you can find a regiman or something to help you through this

good luck

The thing about attempting suicide is that its not that hard to kill yourself. People who "attempt" suicide tend to make sure that there is a possibility that they will live. Its more of a cry for help than anything. I'm not saying your weren't depressed but if you wanted to kill yourself you would have.

dude tough it up..

for me tane helped my life 100%

i used to be a cool kid in middle school. I had so many friends and I had many options when it came to girls i went out with like 5 of them in the 8th grade. Freshman year of high school i started getting pimples and acne. Sophmore and junior year i was the same cool dude as i was in 8th grade but i just didn't act to my potential. I just hid and stayed reserved. I only stayed friends with my closer friends. I stopped talking to everyone else. I played online video games at nights instead of going out. I hated the way I looked and I just was never going to be myself unless I got rid of the acne.

Finally, i went on accutane my junior year. It made my acne worse than ever and I had to go to school with it. The peeling the chapped lips.. it was probably pretty bad. Anyways by summer i was cured except for scars and redmarks. My senior year I had goals to become like I used to be back in the 8th grade. You can't build Rome in a day but I definately had an awesome year. I'm friends with lots new people and girls, they come over my house, they think im the coolest person, i go out during nights, it has been a lot of fun.

I still have some scars and redmarks but they don't really bother me and it is much better than having acne. They have faded a lot in a year which is how long it has been since i stopped accutane and they will prolly fade more in the years to come also.

There's lots of places to bash accutane, here is not one of them.

In my opinion, they should not have given you accutane at 15, nor in your "mental state".

The thing about attempting suicide is that its not that hard to kill yourself. People who "attempt" suicide tend to make sure that there is a possibility that they will live. Its more of a cry for help than anything. I'm not saying your weren't depressed but if you wanted to kill yourself you would have.

my dad actually walked in on me when i had a knife to my throat

david stuff like that sounds like a cry for help, because people who really want to die dont use knives to the throat. They take pills are something painless. So I dont think you want to die david, I think you need to get fucking therapy now, and if your parents wont pay for it, see a school counselor.

i've never had the urge myself, can't empathise with anyone who'd want to self terminate.

i hope your dad kicked your ass actually, if not for the gesture but for the sheer stupidity of the method!