Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aussie Battler

Battler's Roaccutane Log

G'day crew,

Some of you may know me by my few posts - for those that don't, I'm 17, I live in Sydney, Australia. I've had acne (only minor though) since I was probably 15, but the last year it has just gotten worse and worse progressively, which is funny as most of my friends, their acne has just been getting better. They've grown out of it - why haven't I? Acne has totally uprooted my social life.

Anyways, enough with the sob story, I finally got prescribed accutane after a 7 week wait to see a dermatologist. Sweet. I tried BP and the CSR for about 4 months but to no avail, my skin just worsened...

So Roaccutane, I hope you are my saviour. I'm on my third day now so I will just briefly describe what has happened so far.

Day 1 - 16/6/06

Took the first one after dinner. Was weird, about an hour later, although I wasn't tired before, I just felt like I had been hit by a truck and I almost passed out on the couch at about 7pm. Woken up at 10.30pm by Dad, who's like 'Go to bed' - and I did, slept like a log till 10...weird hey?

Day 2

I woke up that day and instantly noticed the dry eyes first, then I noticed skin and lips. Definitely noticeable by me, not visible though. I wear contact lenses and I hope this dry eyes situation won't be too bad...can anyone else on 'tane who wears lenses share their experiences?

That night I went out and hooked up again with this chick who I hate. Then I smoked a joint with one of my mates. What a waste of a night...I feel so bad...

Day 3

Woke up at 12. Ate a whole recipe of pancakes :D and then that arvo snuck out for a surf. Yes I surf. It was pumping actually, plenty of bazzas to be had at me local reef. The reason I mention this is that I wondered what effect tane would have when I go surfing. Nothing except my skin was pretty dry when I got out. I spose the sunburn thing will come later?

No breakouts as yet, except...kinda on my upper-chest...fuck...

That's it so far...I'll update tomorrow if any significant changes happen.

Good luck with everything mate I'm in Sydney too

I too have had enough of acne (going on about 4 years of mild but persistant now) and am going to see my derm next week. I'm living overseas for a year in 2007 so I really do not wanna be putting up with this crap whilst also having to deal with living alone in a foreign country!

Hopefully I'll be starting my own log in a week or so :P:)

Cheers bruv good to see some other Aussies round!

Yeah go to the derm emphasise how you've tried anything and fuck oath I hear ya about the foreign country - I'm hopefully goin OS next year and I couldn't put up with it overseas n meeting new people...how old are you?

Day 4

First day at school on 'tane. My skin seemed a little subdued today, doesn't look so bad when everything isn't too inflamed. A few whiteheads drying out but a few more coming, but I guess that is to be expected. Dry skin, dry eyes (was noticeable wearing contacts but not too bad), and drier lips. Bring it on! Also got an 18th I'm going to this Saturday hope my skin isn't too bad or I have the 'flare up' before it...

Hahaha yeah I forget all these things...

20mg is my dosage. He said the first review is in 8 weeks so I dunno till then, will have to wait and see hopefully results will be positive...

sikkkk! aussies all round yay ya.. im form albz in W.A

this is the closest to me yet! I'm in Perth. :angel:

oh and hope the accutane goes well for you aussie battler :wub:

Cheers crew...

Day 6

Yeah today, my skin is pretty fuckin gnarly hahaha...I wanna post up pics but with this many aussies around I reckon one of you might know me?

First time today where I actually feel I need to moisturise (should I?) and use some lip balm. Skin dry and really itchy...breaking out, just in time for an 18th this weekend.... Stay tuned

Day 7

Shit, it's been a week already?!

Anyhow, skin was pretty dry today. I needed to moisturise this morning. Lot's of new pimples, including one MASSIVE whitehead on my forehead. Groan. No clearing yet though, and my skin is freaking itchy

Day 8

Lips really dry today, more big whiteheads...acne looking all inflamed!

I reckon you're lucky dude, like I said the earlier you get this out of the way, the earlier you'll clear up hopefully!!

Just remember to KEEP YOUR SKIN MOISTURISED, dry damaged skin + healing acne = scars

Hey Aussie, I don't know how I missed your blog but it's pretty cool we started Accutane on the same day :D Congrats on starting Accutane and I hope everything goes well with you :) Take Care!

Howdy Battler,

Im from australia too, Adelaide, i surf too, moving to coolangatta in a month or so. Cant wait for snapper rocks! ha Whats ur local break?

Howdy Battler,

Im from australia too, Adelaide, i surf too, moving to coolangatta in a month or so. Cant wait for snapper rocks! ha Whats ur local break?

Hey bruv!

I have relos in Adelaide, I've been surfing there a coupla times. Only to Knights, what a fuckin nutcase joint that is!

Where do you surf?

My local is Fairy Bower, nice right hander. 20 metres paddle away there is a short shallow ledging beast of a wave called Winki (guess what it is named after hahaha) and 30 metres from there is Deadmans - infamous break you woulda heard about it. On big days, all three link up = 250metre + rides!

I've surfed the Superwank heaps, my mate has an apartment right on Snapper...The crowds suck but on a good day if you snag a good wave....it is quite literally orgasmic. Get used to standing up for so long your legs hurt! :dance:

Hey Aussie, I don't know how I missed your blog but it's pretty cool we started Accutane on the same day biggrin.gif Congrats on starting Accutane and I hope everything goes well with you smile.gif Take Care!

Hey Dreamgirl, yeah hahah I didn't notice yours either. Another guy, AllAboutTheTane, also started on the same day! Let's see how it all goes ay... Hopin for the best :D

Haha knights yeh man i live like 5 mins from there at middleton. I have heard people who have surfed all round the word say that knights is a heaviest wave theyve surfed. I live at middleton near knights so i surf middleton, waitpinga, and up the mid coast i surf secrets and at yorkes 44's and ponde. I got a few mates that stayed up near snapper for 6 months and they did a fair bit of filming, and i was watching it the other day, this one guy dropped in got cover up pulled out and another guy dropped in on the same wave got cover up then a 3rd guy rode it and got cover up it was nutter. just perfect clean barrels. i cant wait. Ive heard the chicks up that way like cooly and that are hell stuck up, well thats what my mates told me, can you verify?

Hey Dreamgirl, yeah hahah I didn't notice yours either. Another guy, AllAboutTheTane, also started on the same day! Let's see how it all goes ay... Hopin for the best :D

I'm gonna have to check his out too, thanks :)

Haha knights yeh man i live like 5 mins from there at middleton. I have heard people who have surfed all round the word say that knights is a heaviest wave theyve surfed. I live at middleton near knights so i surf middleton, waitpinga, and up the mid coast i surf secrets and at yorkes 44's and ponde. I got a few mates that stayed up near snapper for 6 months and they did a fair bit of filming, and i was watching it the other day, this one guy dropped in got cover up pulled out and another guy dropped in on the same wave got cover up then a 3rd guy rode it and got cover up it was nutter. just perfect clean barrels. i cant wait. Ive heard the chicks up that way like cooly and that are hell stuck up, well thats what my mates told me, can you verify?

Hahahaha ahhh memories..

Firstly, I'd agree that Knights is defo the heaviest BEACHY in the world... Scary too. I was gonna ride my stick there, but turns out that I couldn't take it on the plane too much of a hassle...Glad I didn't though, my cousin had warned how you just *don't* ride a stick there. I probably would have broken it first wave.

First wave I took off on there I ate shit and had to go in I was just fisted. And it was only 2-3 foot!! Then we went down to Gas's or whatevs its called and I ate more sand...Fark hahaha

On the way back we checked Waitpinga for shits and giggles. 4 foot no one out, but we had to go!! Devo!

About Snapper - I stay there frequently, and the bitches are fucking AWESOME compared to stuck up Sydney hoes. I met heaps of nice ass ones and there is so much quality taco it is ridiculous, on a nice sunny day just take a walk round the sandy end of Snapper and you will see for yourself ;)

And don't act like a pussy drop in and also if someone drops in on you, yell at them! there are no locals there~! Also if Snap is heaps crowded head down to Greenmount usually uncrowded barrels there...Kirra is fuct unless the swell is massive