Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
david

Did differin work for you????

hey guys

Im using Benzac AC 5% and Differin 0.1% on my face .... my face has cleared up in a matter of days.. i was just wondering how many people did differin work on and how many people benzac worked on or do you poeple think its a conjunction of the both that did the trick.. well if any one can tell there war storys please do and if theres any tips for getting rid of scarring please do..

btw im new so dont have a go at me if i wrote something wrong .. thanks 4 your time

oh and i am post tane but i had to stop treatment half way through becuase of risk of suicide..

david

Hey David,

That's great that your face cleared up so quickly! I have been on Differin and Clindamycin-Phosphate Gel for about 9 weeks now. My skin has not responded, so I have decided to go on Accutane. I get it in two weeks. It's hard to say if you responded to the Differin, Benzac, or both. Because you got results so quickly, it's most likely that you responded to the combination. The Differin should help you with your scarring. Congrats on getting your skin cleared up!

differin made my face like 10 times worse actually, worst thing ever, duac was better

damn sounds nasty... i hope ur get ur skin lookin great again thx 4 posting :)

Hey David,

That's great that your face cleared up so quickly! I have been on Differin and Clindamycin-Phosphate Gel for about 9 weeks now. My skin has not responded, so I have decided to go on Accutane. I get it in two weeks. It's hard to say if you responded to the Differin, Benzac, or both. Because you got results so quickly, it's most likely that you responded to the combination. The Differin should help you with your scarring. Congrats on getting your skin cleared up!

thx ... yer i think both of them did the trick thanks for posting

i hope it does i would like the scaring to leave aswell.. cant complain i spose, im using the lemons and

vinegar theory to perhaps speed things up a bit , i hope it works

It made my skin worse too - gave me acne where I previously had none. My skin reacted almost like it was having an allergic reaction to the Differin. So, I stopped using it and have a new skin care regimen now. I'm glad you are having good luck with it though! It does work well for many people, I just wasn't one of them! Good luck with it!!!

im also on a differin/clindamycin/BCP routine and it works wonders for me.

all i have right now are like 2 medium sized pimples on my chin! :D

I have been using Differin Gel for about a week and a half and absolutely love it. I am clear now, and my skin tone and texture is awesome! I had really mild acne when I started though, and I am also an adult so I am sure that may have made a difference. Still waiting for the IB, but am kinda doubtful at this point if it will come. I am definitly going to continue with this :)

differin improved my condition, but it by no means has cleared me 100%. I still get small breakouts like once a week, and I've been on it for about 11 weeks now.

I used differin few years ago and it made my acne worse. However, I'm using tazorac and that stuff worked wonders..I now have my acne under control.[it used to be severe]

For scarring, I am getting chemical peels. I have REALLY bad scarring.

ok thanks guys.. im glad you guys are clearing up... btw how much are them chemical peels and can you do them your self becuase i got some nasty scarring too

I've been using Differin for a few months now and my acne is much better than it used to be. There are still a few red spots left over and I get the occational break out that I am usually able to regain control of in a day or two using Differin.

I think the thing I like the best about Differin is that it doesn't stain my pillow and clothes like Benzac AC did...and I don't have to use so much moisturizer either

hey guys

Im using Benzac AC 5% and Differin 0.1% on my face .... my face has cleared up in a matter of days.. i was just wondering how many people did differin work on and how many people benzac worked on or do you poeple think its a conjunction of the both that did the trick.. well if any one can tell there war storys please do and if theres any tips for getting rid of scarring please do..

btw im new so dont have a go at me if i wrote something wrong .. thanks 4 your time

oh and i am post tane but i had to stop treatment half way through becuase of risk of suicide..

david

In a word 'NO'

Made my skin worse, I had a big red face for ages, very dry sore skin, acne became worse in th long run. Having said this I had mainly cystic acne so topical stuff never really worked for me. Still horribly messed up my skin though. No diferin for me thanks...