Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hurt by my skin

How in heavens name can I look good again?

How can I make my skin look good again? Okay, I'm 45 years old! I really don't mind the crowsfeet around my eyes. I'm not crazy about them, but hey, if Anthony Hopkins has them they're good enough for me! LOL.

But how can I get rid of this ruddy flush look to my skin? And how can I get rid of the indented scars!!!!

These photos owere taken today! It was hot and muggy outside. My skin looks it's worse! It does not always look this bad!

I really want to look good a gain!

IS THERE HOPE?

I'M SO BUMBED OUT

Would Tazorac help my types of scars?

I am so freaking bumbed.

Mabye I ask to much.

Honestly, your scars aren't bad at all. Maybe try subcision or some sort of a filler.

whats scars dude!if u live in the usa there are no legal dermal fillers.u will have to travel to another country to get a perm. dermal filler.i wouldnt really worry about it!

hurt by my skin,

I want to express my honest opinion about your skin and I don't mean to put you down, but offer my help.

You need to take special care of your skin. You do have some scarring, but I see an underlying condition which makes your skin look bad. Your skin looks so imflamed and irritated giving a rough aspect. It looks like a mask. I think that redness or imflamation makes our skin look 100 X worse. Stay away from the sun. It irritates your skin. Never use harsh products on your face. Avoid Retin-a, chemical peels,benzol Perox, AHa's and BHa's, fragranced creams, camphor/alcohol containing products. Avoid microdermabrassions or any kind of exfoliating methods. It only aggravates your imflamation. Don't overwash your face. When you bath, make sure it's not too hot. Stay away from saunas.

You're in your mid forties and you have prominent forehead wrinkles and I don't think you have dry skin. Do you? I bet it 's a little oily or combination. Has anyone in your family suffered from lupus, rosacea, or eczema??

Smoking and Drinking may worsen your condition. Diet plays an important role. Avoid spicy foods, nuts, dried and acidic fruits, chocolate,hot drinks, coffee, avocado, tomatoes. No matter what type of condition you have, everything mentioned above tends to aggrevate. Also, take it easy on any kind of physical activity. I know excercising is good, but you should do it with moderation.

You should focus more on the imflamation than scars. Talk to a professional. Make sure it's nothing more than just a red face.

hurt by my skin,

I want to express my honest opinion about your skin and I don't mean to put you down, but offer my help.

You need to take special care of your skin. You do have some scarring, but I see an underlying condition which makes your skin look bad. Your skin looks so imflamed and irritated giving a rough aspect. It looks like a mask. I think that redness or imflamation makes our skin look 100 X worse. Stay away from the sun. It irritates your skin. Never use harsh products on your face. Avoid Retin-a, chemical peels,benzol Perox, AHa's and BHa's, fragranced creams, camphor/alcohol containing products. Avoid microdermabrassions or any kind of exfoliating methods. It only aggravates your imflamation. Don't overwash your face. When you bath, make sure it's not too hot. Stay away from saunas.

You're in your mid forties and you have prominent forehead wrinkles and I don't think you have dry skin. Do you? I bet it 's a little oily or combination. Has anyone in your family suffered from lupus, rosacea, or eczema??

Smoking and Drinking may worsen your condition. Diet plays an important role. Avoid spicy foods, nuts, dried and acidic fruits, chocolate,hot drinks, coffee, avocado, tomatoes. No matter what type of condition you have, everything mentioned above tends to aggrevate. Also, take it easy on any kind of physical activity. I know excercising is good, but you should do it with moderation.

You should focus more on the imflamation than scars. Talk to a professional. Make sure it's nothing more than just a red face.

hey my sister has lupis, i was wondering what risks am i at???

hurt by my skin,

Thanks. My father had a little rosacea.

I drink too much coffee. I better stop.

Can I use sun screen? Won't it cause flushing? In other words, am I damned if I do and damned if I don't?

How can I get rid of the forehead wrinkles?

Will the rocacea make it hard to do any type of scar correction or wrinkle correction? I would like to have the scrars fixed and the forehead wrinkels fixed.

But I know I first have to take care of the skin inflamation!

I'm going to see a doctor soon. You're right. The skin inflimation makes it look much worse.

One more thing. Does this m ean I should not do the vingiear (sp) treatment for scars? How about lemon in my water?

Thanks

I don't have any advice, but you look like a normal 45 year old guy.. Your skin to me looks about the same as any guy your age would.. Eh maybe thats just me :doubt:

hurt by my skin,

LUPUS has NOTHING to do with your skin, you clearly don't know what you're talking about, my best friend Jully has lupus. The only thing even closely related to your skin and lupus, and that people who have Lupus bruise easily.

hurt by my skin,

LUPUS has NOTHING to do with your skin, you clearly don't know what you're talking about, my best friend Jully has lupus. The only thing even closely related to your skin and lupus, and that people who have Lupus bruise easily.

]

Thanks. But I didnt' say I had Lupus. Someone else suggested that might be one of the reasons my skin gets so irritated.

How can I make my skin look good again? Okay, I'm 45 years old! I really don't mind the crowsfeet around my eyes. I'm not crazy about them, but hey, if Anthony Hopkins has them they're good enough for me! LOL.

But how can I get rid of this ruddy flush look to my skin? And how can I get rid of the indented scars!!!!

These photos owere taken today! It was hot and muggy outside. My skin looks it's worse! It does not always look this bad!

IS THERE HOPE?

I'M SO BUMBED OUT

I am so freaking bumbed.

Mabye I ask to much.

Am I blind? I see nothing wrong wih your skin at all..looks normal for any 45 year old. What am I missing?

James

IS THERE HOPE?

I'M SO BUMBED OUT

I am so freaking bumbed.

Mabye I ask to much.

Am I blind? I see nothing wrong wih your skin at all..looks normal for any 45 year old. What am I missing?

James

James, thanks. :)

But did you click the enlarge button of the photo? :dance:

Since you are already a bit red I wouldn't use tazorac on your skin at all. I have inflammation problems too, even saline injections flared up my redness. I think you should try emu oil perhaps by skin biology. Also you can do alot of things from the inside like take fish oil, drink teas with anti-oxidants, all anti-aging and helps with inflammation. Don't let the doctor talk you into IPL because the benefits are so small they are not worth the price. Definitely don't use vinegar on your face. I don't think your scarring is so bad, you would probably benefit from any gentle enzyme peel with papain in it. You an find them online or in spas. They feel good and calm the skin while gently exfoliating. Stay out of the sun and drink water too! end of lecture :)

Since you are already a bit red I wouldn't use tazorac on your skin at all. I have inflammation problems too, even saline injections flared up my redness. I think you should try emu oil perhaps by skin biology. Also you can do alot of things from the inside like take fish oil, drink teas with anti-oxidants, all anti-aging and helps with inflammation. Don't let the doctor talk you into IPL because the benefits are so small they are not worth the price. Definitely don't use vinegar on your face. I don't think your scarring is so bad, you would probably benefit from any gentle enzyme peel with papain in it. You an find them online or in spas. They feel good and calm the skin while gently exfoliating. Stay out of the sun and drink water too! end of lecture :)

Thanks. I'll look into that. How about green tea? I guess that is good. I'm trying to give up coffee today. What is papain? I just ate some chocolate and already feel my skin getting warm. It's amazing.

So, am I correct to say that the main skin problem I should correct is my inflammation and not my scars? I guess the inflammation is the thing that it noticable.

I guess I would like a whole lot better without the inflammation. Mabye then the scars would hardly be noticable. I can always get a filler or something. I'm waiting for isolagen.

***** Great. I'll look into benadryl cream cream. Thanks! What is benadryl cream used for?

So am I correct to say that the inflammation is actually making the scars look worse?

I think so. The benadryl cream is used for reducing itching and inflammation from bites, rashes, etc. You could try it out once and see if it has any effect on you, but don't overuse, I'm really not sure of long term effects. I think once at night shouldn't hurt. You shouldn't take benadryl by mouth when using the cream.

Green tea is good, there are also green tea pills you can take in the health food stores. Also the red teas are popular now, like roobias and honeybush. Get decaffenated. Papain is from papaya, it is popular in gentle enzyme peels and are good for people with sensitive skin or rosacea. Hope that helps!

So am I correct to say that the inflammation is actually making the scars look worse?

I think so. The benadryl cream is used for reducing itching and inflammation from bites, rashes, etc. You could try it out once and see if it has any effect on you, but don't overuse, I'm really not sure of long term effects. I think once at night shouldn't hurt. You shouldn't take benadryl by mouth when using the cream.

Green tea is good, there are also green tea pills you can take in the health food stores. Also the red teas are popular now, like roobias and honeybush. Get decaffenated. Papain is from papaya, it is popular in gentle enzyme peels and are good for people with sensitive skin or rosacea. Hope that helps!

Hate to wander off topic, but how have your injections been? I haven't seen an update from you in a while.

I am a fellow scar sufferer and have been to MANY dermatologists and have tried many different treatments. I have also read journals on acne scarring in men.. it can be quite a confidence buster. However, know that treating scars takes time. They say they can't go away, but it is possible to fade scars to the 90% level if not more.

Don't go on Retin-A, because it is not that effective. You really should try Tazorac because it is proven to not only reverse the aging process but also boost collagen production in your scars.... you also should try a glycolic acid toner (Aquaglycolic)....

Above all, don't get Laser therapy or other surgical procedures for these scars right now...to expensive, too iffy.

You need to be massaging the scars daily...it's been proven to reduce scars. Massage firmly, but not in an aggressive manner, each scar for 1-2 minutes twice daily. You'll see the scars fade 85% in a few months....use of Tazorac 0.1% gel and Glycolic Acid toners to speed this process up! Like others mentioned, Tazorac will irritate the skin, but it reduces scars and wrinkles too! You should be on a moisturizer if you use Tazorac. TAZORAC must be used every day without missing a dose or you'll make everything worse...read the pamplet with the medicine if you use it or ask your dermatologist to describe to you how Tazorac needs to be used.

By the way if you ask your dermatologist about the massage method and use of Tazorac/Glycolic Acid they will absolutely confirm the benefits I've described to you. These methods WILL reduce your scars absolutely! Some of mine have faded 85% or more. I've seen minor scars fade about 100%!!! It will take a few months and patience, but it is better than spending money on Laser treatments. I hope this helps!

tp85, Hey I finished up a second round of saline. After the first I got a rash within about two days. It started slowly and turned into a contact dermatitis looking rash where it itches and scales over then goes back to normal. I wasn't sure if it was the saline or a topical I developed an allergy too so I ended up testing a spot on my stomach and a small spot on my forehead. However I only used a very little amount. I had no reaction so I did the second round. However, I did end up with scaling of dry skin and redness a few days later again. I am going to give it a month and see what the results are with collagen filling in. Maybe it will be worth it, if not I will probably totally stop due to the sensitivity. I may be a little allergic to neosporin too, just not sure. Otherwise there was no bruising and kind of got the hang of the injections.

Hurt by my skin,

I've seen dozens of dermatologists (some good, some bad) and experience has helped me a bit to learn what I should do and what I shouldn't. Life is a learning process. I'M NOT A DOCTOR. I just want to offer my humble and modest help.

If someone in your family had rosacea, you have a good probability of developing it too. There are many factors that trigger this condition. There is no cure for rosacea, eczema,dermatitis and many, many others. Adecuate treatment may help improve it or at least slow down its complete development.

I wish I knew the answer and tell you what you should do. However, I can tell you what you SHOULDN'T do.

Never, ever use any kind of Acidic Vitmamin A creams, including but not limited to retinoids,retin-a,etc. So don't even think about TAzorac.

Stay away from fancy and fragranced creams and lotions. Also, make sure it doesn't contain alcohol, witch hazel,camphor.

If you have permanent bumps, never confuse it with "Acne Vulgaris". You're 45, and it may be rosacea. Regular acne treatments make it worse. So no Benzyl Peroxide, Glycolic acids, etc.

Don't focus on scar treatments for the moment. I can guarantee you that once your face calms down, your scars will be unnoticeable. And yes, skin redness and inflamation make it look 10000000000 times worse.

Stay away from CHEMICAL Sunblocks. No matter what they advertise, they may aggrevate your condition or cause breakouts. Instead, Physical sunblocks are suggested. Zinc oxide is a good choice, but you will look like a clown. The best thing is to try to avoid the sun from 11:00 a.m ~ 4:00 p.m.

As much as you like coffee , stay away from it. I know, it's hard. Maybe it's your addiction. but some sacrifes are worth it. Green tea ( as somebody on here recomended) may be a good option, but don't drink it hot.

In regards to your wrinkles, We all are going to have wrinkles some day, Some more than others.

How was your lifestyle in your teenage years?? How do you manage your stress???. Are you a very passionate person?

Someone recomended antioxidants and omega 3,6,9,12 oil. They are all good for our health and they may also slow down the aging process. But it's a good idea to detox your body first for better assimilation.

You wanted to know if you should continue the vinager-water method. Well, it's a little tricky. I've read many books, stories and articles about the miracles of vinager for rosacea sufferers. But since it's acidic, it can also make your skin worse. If you notice improvement, you should keep using it, but don't exceed more than 1:4 ratio. Otherwise it'll irritate your skin.

...... Sorry I have to go now,

As soon as I get back on my computer, I'll write the rest. There are more things I want to share with you.

Smooth Lover's advice is a little too general... a lot of "never" "never" "never".

Consult your dermatologist; he'll give you the best advice.

Have you been diagnosed with rosacea? If you haven't, you're pretty much letting Smooth Lover diagnose you.

If you have- that's another story.

If you DO NOT have rosacea I WOULD recommend Tazorac.

I am a fellow scar sufferer and have been to MANY dermatologists and have tried many different treatments. I have also read journals on acne scarring in men.. it can be quite a confidence buster. However, know that treating scars takes time. They say they can't go away, but it is possible to fade scars to the 90% level if not more.

Don't go on Retin-A, because it is not that effective. You really should try Tazorac because it is proven to not only reverse the aging process but also boost collagen production in your scars.... you also should try a glycolic acid toner (Aquaglycolic)....

Above all, don't get Laser therapy or other surgical procedures for these scars right now...to expensive, too iffy.

You need to be massaging the scars daily...it's been proven to reduce scars. Massage firmly, but not in an aggressive manner, each scar for 1-2 minutes twice daily. You'll see the scars fade 85% in a few months....use of Tazorac 0.1% gel and Glycolic Acid toners to speed this process up! Like others mentioned, Tazorac will irritate the skin, but it reduces scars and wrinkles too! You should be on a moisturizer if you use Tazorac. TAZORAC must be used every day without missing a dose or you'll make everything worse...read the pamplet with the medicine if you use it or ask your dermatologist to describe to you how Tazorac needs to be used.

By the way if you ask your dermatologist about the massage method and use of Tazorac/Glycolic Acid they will absolutely confirm the benefits I've described to you. These methods WILL reduce your scars absolutely! Some of mine have faded 85% or more. I've seen minor scars fade about 100%!!! It will take a few months and patience, but it is better than spending money on Laser treatments. I hope this helps!

Hey thanks! I read that Tazorac can bring on Rosacea in some people. See Here If that's the case what else is out there? I'm wondering if I can still use Tazorac.

Massaging scars sounds very interesting. I'm wondering, can I massage the scars just with n othing on my skin? It sounds very exciting that I can reverse the appearance of an acne scar by massaging it! I remember when I was a teenager a friend said she got rid of some scar on her face (not acne related), simply by massaging it.

Hurt by my skin,

I've seen dozens of dermatologists (some good, some bad) and experience has helped me a bit to learn what I should do and what I shouldn't. Life is a learning process. I'M NOT A DOCTOR. I just want to offer my humble and modest help.

If someone in your family had rosacea, you have a good probability of developing it too. There are many factors that trigger this condition. There is no cure for rosacea, eczema,dermatitis and many, many others. Adecuate treatment may help improve it or at least slow down its complete development.

I wish I knew the answer and tell you what you should do. However, I can tell you what you SHOULDN'T do.

Never, ever use any kind of Acidic Vitmamin A creams, including but not limited to retinoids,retin-a,etc. So don't even think about TAzorac.

Stay away from fancy and fragranced creams and lotions. Also, make sure it doesn't contain alcohol, witch hazel,camphor.

If you have permanent bumps, never confuse it with "Acne Vulgaris". You're 45, and it may be rosacea. Regular acne treatments make it worse. So no Benzyl Peroxide, Glycolic acids, etc.

Don't focus on scar treatments for the moment. I can guarantee you that once your face calms down, your scars will be unnoticeable. And yes, skin redness and inflamation make it look 10000000000 times worse.

Stay away from CHEMICAL Sunblocks. No matter what they advertise, they may aggrevate your condition or cause breakouts. Instead, Physical sunblocks are suggested. Zinc oxide is a good choice, but you will look like a clown. The best thing is to try to avoid the sun from 11:00 a.m ~ 4:00 p.m.

As much as you like coffee , stay away from it. I know, it's hard. Maybe it's your addiction. but some sacrifes are worth it. Green tea ( as somebody on here recomended) may be a good option, but don't drink it hot.

In regards to your wrinkles, We all are going to have wrinkles some day, Some more than others.

How was your lifestyle in your teenage years?? How do you manage your stress???. Are you a very passionate person?

Someone recomended antioxidants and omega 3,6,9,12 oil. They are all good for our health and they may also slow down the aging process. But it's a good idea to detox your body first for better assimilation.

You wanted to know if you should continue the vinager-water method. Well, it's a little tricky. I've read many books, stories and articles about the miracles of vinager for rosacea sufferers. But since it's acidic, it can also make your skin worse. If you notice improvement, you should keep using it, but don't exceed more than 1:4 ratio. Otherwise it'll irritate your skin.

...... Sorry I have to go now,

As soon as I get back on my computer, I'll write the rest. There are more things I want to share with you.

God bless you all for your responses!!! I'm really going to fight this rocaea once and for all! I'm going to get it under control and post the better looking me when I do.

SmoothLover, I look forward to hearing more. :)