Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
abner12

CSR/Tazorac

Well, I started using the Clear Skin Regimen about a month and a half ago for mild acne and its been going great. I haven't gotten a single pimple since I've started and everything else has cleared up... for the most part. Anyways, Before the CSR I tried differin and it didn't work for me, I moved up the Retin-A, and once again it didn't work, finally I went to Tazorac, and still it didn't work. My dermotologist didn't know I was switching over to CSR so when I went for a checkup last week she liked the results a lot, but at the same time recommended me to either try a retin-A product or tazorac product while using the CSR.

I tried BP in the morning and then Tazorac at night. Yes, my skin felt pretty great, but on day two I received my first two pimples in over a month. I stopped the tazorac for 3 or 4 nights and the pimples disappeared with the BP in the morning and night. So i'm wondering, is there a more effective way of mixing tazorac into my routine?

My routine is exactly the same as the CSR, except for I changed the BP at night with tazorac. Has anyone else tried a retinoid product in combination with BP? My face did appear to be slightly smoother and looked more "babyish" when I did use the tazorac for the two nights. Small sample I know, but what routine would be the most effective?

If when you switched to tazorac last time it broke you out, the I wouln't recomend risking it again, espically as you've found soemthing else that you knows works for you. However, if you wanted to give it another go I would say add it in your regimen as you suggested, and give it a few weeks this time before making nay decesions as the breakout out you got before could have just been an initial one :)

Janiets right, if tazorac breaks you out then stop using it. Just tell your derm your seing better results on the CSR with BP gel.

hope it all goes well

Thank you for the tips. I will probably try it again and maybe for a longer period, but if it doesn't turn out well, I know that BP works well for me. Thanks again.