Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tysonb

not picking=not scarring????

hi i was just wondering, is it true that as long as i dont pick my acne that it wont scar??

what if the pimples pop in the shower and scab?---->will those scar?

the worst is when you don't pick for days, and you have a huge pimple on your face, and then it pops while your sleeping or showering. it's like FUCK, i could of done that days ago!

No one here is right except the poster who said "not necessarily true".

First, I've had cysts on parts of my face and I never scar there. There is only a certain part of my face where I scar, both when I do something about it (picking) and both when i don't. also, non cysts leave scars--i'm talking about zits that are not even that raised (i can't even feel them in my skin), yet i still get depressions... I get those types only in one part of my face. Then, in my front cheeks, I get icepicks only.

It's random. Picking increases chance of scarring, but I've picked before w/ no scarring. Not picking has also led me to scar, go figure--but if I were you, I'd *NOT* pick.

Picking at your face never accomplishes anything but inflicting injury on your skin. Not to mention spreading or causing further infection in the area. In specific cases there may be nothing you can do to prevent some scarring but picking will always make it worse. As for the poster who commented that because its cystic it will scar regardless. You obviously fail to recognize the obviousness that picking would cause increased scarring to the area as well as exacerbate the condition in general. Picking can become habitual and its one you should break immediately. If you think you have to pick at something its better to just stay away from a mirror for a few days to resist the urge.

The dont pick= Dont Scar thing is entierly not true at all.

As gross as it is, I would get scars from waking up and seeing blood on my pillow from sleeping on the side of my fave with the huge cysts.

No matter what ive done over the years ive still been gettingb them.

My face is weak, its a joke.

hi i was just wondering, is it true that as long as i dont pick my acne that it wont scar??

heeeck no! I never pick and I scar. However, I think IF one picked, then the probability of scarring goes way up?

Honestly though, i think it depends on the type of lesion and where it occurs. Picking is one of the factors, but not the whole story

are you sticking your face under the shower head, facing up? Cuz the water pressure can be pretty big, so it'd be kind of like slapping an a pimple.

In the later years of grade school and in HS I had acne on my back and chest and in the temple areas of my face. Every football season the acne on the side of my face would break open after games and practice from my helmet. The ones on my back and chest were never picked at or broken in any way. I went on Accutane in HS and it cleared everything up. My back and chest have had no signs of acne or scaring since then. Unfortunately my face does. It's almost perfect marking of where my ear pads and the pad on my forehead inside the helmet were that I have the scars.

So I say if you cause trauma to the pimple it could scar. If you don't mess with it the odds of it scaring are very minimal. If I could go back to HS again I would was my face religiously after anything athletic I was into where I was sweating.

It's never a brilliant idea to pick at lesions. I think the reality is- you can't always help but pick a pimple. I don't think anyone can honestly say that they've never touched, picked or rubbed a pimple before and of course it COULD cause further damage but I think most acne scars come from cystic acne alone. So, picking at cystic acne is a really really bad idea. Because the cyst alone could cause scarring, and if it's picked at or popped, the infection might make it worse. I don't think you automatically get a scar from picking, I think you would get a scar if the pimple became MORE infected than it already is. The longer the large cyst hangs around, the more likely it is to cause some damage. I've popped many pimples in my lifetime, and only a few scars are left to show for it. I also think it depends on your skin. Some skins can't handle the constant invasion of blemishes on it. I'd imagine that the worse your acne is, the more likely you are to scar more than a little bit. Whether you pick at them or not, I don't think scars come about because of one specific reason.

The best thing you can do is clear up the acne you have now. It's the most economically reasonable option for most people, and it will prevent the scarring. When there's nothing infected on your face at all, it can't scar anything. You need to clear up your face if you always have acne on your face. Once that is under control, there will be no acne, therefore nothing to pick at. Going to a dermatologist about scarring is like hit or miss. Some derms will pretend they want to help you find a way, and other derms will turn you away saying that there's nothing they can do. At least with acne- there's always something you can do or try.

I agree with the fact that bad acne=scarring and picking=worse scarring, I have personal experience from that fact. I can say, however, that I did the best I could to clear up my acne. I went on accutane when my acne didn't respond to anib's. However, it was inevitable that I would end up w/scarring because the accutane made it SO bad the first week while it was drawing the infection out hat I could never recover from that no matter what I did I had depressions. My whole life changed since then and I've lost that light, that happiness I've once had. Oh god, it's so horrible, so horrible when I think about it I just want to die!!