Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vols

Advice on my little acne.

I've been using Dans regimen for awhile now, and still getting bumps or i guess zits. I've been kinda switching up from the Neutragena OTS to Dans gel, i think my forehead does better with the OTS. But anyways, I was wondering what you guys can recommend for my small acne or bumps.. here are some picks, oh yea, i picked up some stuff from the AcneFree line, its called the Acne & Blackhead Terminator, i'd figure i'd get it a shot. The active ingredients are: 1.5% Salicylic Acid, and 1.0% of BP. Or maybe you guys can give me a different regimen that will work better with my small acne. I also have quiet a few blackheads as well on my nose.

Well just tell me what you guys think... :pray: THANKS!!!

[attachmentid=4930][attachmentid=4929][attachmentid=4931]

post-3741-1150589223_thumb.jpg

post-3741-1150589255_thumb.jpg

post-3741-1150589354_thumb.jpg

post-3741-1150589223_thumb.jpg

post-3741-1150589255_thumb.jpg

post-3741-1150589354_thumb.jpg

yea dude theres nothin there.just make sure you have a regiemn that keeps any sorft of acne causing problems out of your life lol dn dont worry about any of that stuff in those pics because what of what you have is healing and your skin is fine.you can get away with water and a washcloth.dont try anything other then spot treating if you have to with bp.no picking poping or scrubing, or using any soft of products on your face because they are all basically worhtless to your skin and you dont need them lol

skin looks great

if you tried to "fix" anythere there

ur pretty much guarantee'd to make it worse!

you could try toning it, but tbh the only thing that I've found evens out the texture is the sun :S which it's very difficult to get the right amount of without getting burnt if you know what I mean lol. i would suggest perhaps going out in the sun for 20 mins a day?

and you shouldn't use both SA with BP gel :S that's like silly. you'll go all red. What you have aren't spots it's just visible pores :S (I think... though I dunno maybe i'm making this up. lol. i think i am...)

but really your skin is good anyway and the only person who will notice anything wrong with it will be you.

I would suggest toning it, but try to find out without SA in it if you're on dan's regimen... and then possibly going out in the sun, but only the morning sun... :s as you'll burn in the afternoon with BP gel cos it makes you much more sensitive.

thanks for all the comments. you all made me feel much better about myself after reading this. :comfort:

My skin is pretty nice as well except for my forehead. I rarely get zits, just these aggravating small bumps that don't even get red, but they annoy me SO MUCH. So I feel your pain, there.

oh my god what you worrying about at all, like everyone else said your skin is more or less perfect. I would be like :D if i had skin like that

Well just tell me what you guys think... :pray: THANKS!!!

[attachmentid=4930][attachmentid=4929][attachmentid=4931]

Just relax man! - you got fine skin! :dance:

I think you are looking for perfection because there is nothing to worry about your skin !!

is purpose soap bar still great to use? or should i give something else a shot? I also seen that SA isnt good to use for me? I have some C&C scrub, I was gonna try... :blink::unsure:

Wow. Your acne is almost the same as mine, except mine maybe is a little worse around the nose area. I have these little redish spots around my moth/chin area too. And some random little pimples here and there. I have a problem though from redness on my face. Meybe like people here have said thats not even from my acne, but the product i use... :think:

This summer im gonna try to experiment a little more though, and see how just washing my face with a gentle cleanser and moisturizing helps me.

so. the way my skin looks, i would be fine with using just a washcloth and some soap? Because i've started using this regimen:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=11566

i havent seen much results, just some white heads or pimples coming to the top on my cheek. What are the little dots on my cheeks? If they're blackheads wouldnt the C&C Scrub help alot? it seems like thats whats causing my acne. I'm about to go nuts, there are so many things to try out there, i need recommendations please!

Should I just use a washcloth and some type of soap? (If so what kind)

Or should i just go back to Dans regimen and live with a pimple here and there?

I'm sooo confused on what to do. Thanks!

You can try Eurocin gel for those little zits. I found it the only thing that is effective in treating mine.

You can try Eurocin gel for those little zits. I found it the only thing that is effective in treating mine.

If my skin was that good, i would be doing cartwheels down town in the buff!

My skin looks like yours kind of. Benzoyl peroxide isn't really good for you either. SA in a ph balanced formula is good for you though. I really don't have any suggestions for you because that's where I am at the moment.

My skin looks like yours kind of. Benzoyl peroxide isn't really good for you either. SA in a ph balanced formula is good for you though. I really don't have any suggestions for you because that's where I am at the moment.

what do you mean a SA in a ph balanced formula? Do i go buy that somewhere or what?

bleh.... somebody told me about this dumb thing called paula's choice. i don't care about topicals anymore. benzoyl peroxide is killing me.

I had just seen a doctor for my acne and it costed me Singapore $588/- (US$363).

If I were you, I would have put this US$363 on Brazil.

what do you mean a SA in a ph balanced formula? Do i go buy that somewhere or what?

bleh.... somebody told me about this dumb thing called paula's choice. i don't care about topicals anymore. benzoyl peroxide is killing me.

I probably am the one loveuforever57 is referring to, though I disagree that Paula's Choice is "dumb." By the way, benzoyl peroxide isn't necessarily bad for you unless you are sensitive to that ingredient, in which case you may want to try tea tree oil as an alternative disinfectant. Altough I do not know of any good tea tree oil products, pure tea tree oil can be purchased here:

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/teatree.htm

In regards to salicylic acid, it is an excellent lipid-soluble exfoliant (meaning it can exfoliate within the pores) provided it is in a solution having a pH of 4 or lower. Unfortunatley, most salicylic acid products have too high of a pH or are irritating, which is why most people dismiss salicylic acid as an ineffective option for treating acne. I recommended the Paula's Choice Beta Hydroxy Acid products because they are cheaper in comparison with the effective salicylic acid products I know of and seem to work especially well.

They can be bought here:

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/shop/category2...PE=1&PAGETYPE=S

Also, I read earlier that you were using a bar cleanser. The ingredients that keep bar cleansers in bar form can clog pores. Another thing, all bar cleanser contain drying detergents that can prematurely kill skin cells and litter the skin with more dead skin cells than it can naturally slough off. In addition, they typically have high pH's, which can encourage bacterial growth. For more information on what not to use (and a recent addition of some recommended products in response to continuous questions about it), see my thread that is pinned in the Mild to Moderate Acne Forum:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=102347

so. the way my skin looks, i would be fine with using just a washcloth and some soap? Because i've started using this regimen:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=11566

i havent seen much results, just some white heads or pimples coming to the top on my cheek. What are the little dots on my cheeks? If they're blackheads wouldnt the C&C Scrub help alot? it seems like thats whats causing my acne. I'm about to go nuts, there are so many things to try out there, i need recommendations please!

Should I just use a washcloth and some type of soap? (If so what kind)

Or should i just go back to Dans regimen and live with a pimple here and there?

I'm sooo confused on what to do. Thanks!

I am in the exact situation as yourself. Using Dan's regimen, I am mostly clear with the occasional pimple here and there that I spot treat with the BP. :) I have major blackheads and small bumps which I can only describe as closed whiteheads (at least that is what I think they are). So I assume that I just need some kind of daily regimen to unclog my pores.

I tried the clean and clear scrub (both the SA and BP as that regimen prescribes) but could only do it for two weeks as it made my skin extremely dry (even with mositurizing twice a day). :cry:

So I have decided to try to switch my cleanser to Dan's new cleanser (I am currently using Cetaphil) in hopes that it will clean my skin a bit better. I am also trying one of the Paula's Choice products with SA suggested to me by Snow Queen. (As soon as it gets here)

It does seem a bit pricey to me (compared to the C&C) but the bottle looks like a decent size so I'll have to see how much I have to use and how long it lasts. (It might work out to be a great deal!) Besides, if it helps my skin, I really don't care how much it costs.

Hope this helps a bit. I really think that you have to just take other's recommendations and experiment to find what works best for you. Good Luck!