Notifications
Clear all

How to remove dark spots?

MemberMember
(@ls1383)

Posted : 06/17/2006 5:21 pm

I had some acne about a year ago and after the acne went away, it left a dark spot under the skin? It usually occurs when I get the nasty cystic type acne. How would I go about removing this? I've been using hydroquinone on the spot for more than half a year and the spot is still there. Hmmmm

MemberMember
(@amber75)

Posted : 06/19/2006 9:55 pm

A jessner peel helped mine. Have it done professionally though if you decide to try it.

MemberMember
(@ls1383)

Posted : 06/19/2006 11:42 pm

So this works everywhere? Because I have 3 dark spots and they look like the Bermuda Triangle. Right where my erector spinae converges with the buttocks. Argggg

MemberMember
(@ylem)

Posted : 06/19/2006 11:45 pm

I am currently using a 4% hydroquinone cream (RX only) but I got mine through a good seller on ebay under the counter. I am using it to treat age spots but it can also be used to treat acneic hyperpigmentation. It's pretty old stuff, been around, and gotten a lot of bad rap, but I like it because it's strong. No results on anything to report yet though.

MemberMember
(@esiclene)

Posted : 06/20/2006 2:49 am

A mix of

-Tretinoin 0.25%

-Hydroquinone 4%

-Hydrocortisone 1%

applied every night works wonderful (i tried myself) and there is also a study on pubmed.gov about this mix..

MemberMember
(@ellajames)

Posted : 05/29/2015 1:36 am

Apple cider vinegar is a powerhouse remedy to clean acne and acne scarring. It totally worked for me.